Why the New TT Is Better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansemn

10-26-2012

I understand why so many people are upset with the new TT. It is different. Not having wards, shorter spaces between lanes, altars, and a huge freaky spider change up the game some. However, I feel as if people are simply chalking this up as like a dominion 2.0 and that's not what it is at all.

This is basically old TT with more emphasis on team fighting. There's still a distinct laning phase and still a distinct emphasis on getting creep. Their are still distinct strategies and team comps. Sure, some champions are stronger than other but that is a product of the moba genre, not a flaw in the map. On Rift certain champs are almost always banned and there is s distinct top tier. Not that other champs can't be played and played well but it just means that on a whole, some champions have an advantage.

I think the new TT is great. It's just different than the old TT and you can't use too many old TT strategies.

Jayman11

10-26-2012

I both agree and disagree, and there's no need for me to rehash what's been said in multiple threads. I will bring it simply to this one point, however. People don't like this map because they don't understand what's going on. There's no established meta yet, just 6 champs running around attacking everything they see. The more people play, the more strategy they'll garner, and the more fun they'll have. I actually enjoy this map (I still think they should keep the old TT though, FWIW), and I think most others will over time as well. It's all about the learning curve.

Desocupado

10-26-2012

The new map is a gank fest.
Which isn't a bad thing, but it's a different experience.

objecti0n

10-26-2012

I LOVE it. So much fun.

Iink

10-26-2012

Please, no. The new TT is unplayable.

Hekatonhire

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
People don't like this map because they don't understand what's going on. There's no established meta yet, just 6 champs running around attacking everything they see.
Everyone who hate this map are beheaded chicken is that it ?

Desocupado

10-26-2012

Haha the meta will be anivia walling the speed shrine

Everyone agree that teemo is a beast. I'd say nid is pretty good too.

If anything the meta will be around using Movement Speed champions.

Ansemn

10-26-2012

Ya. I simply think it is illogical to claim that a map is "unplayable" or "broken" when it has been out for a day. Maybe after a month or two we can start to have intelligent debates on the validity of the map. It's ok to say you don't like it. It's silly to make judgments on this game modes validity because you don't understand it yet.

Taarki

10-26-2012

full on team fights every 30 seconds is way to much...

AlienOctane

10-26-2012

lane phase is out the door imo