Why did you desecrate Maokai's home doesn't he suffer enough?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moshu Nanren

10-26-2012

I just played this map 3 times, the first time I thought the map was horrible, gave it a second shot... still horrible. Figured wth I'll try a 3rd, nope still horrible.

Played 3 different champions, lost 2 of the games, completely devastating victory the 3rd game. Solo the spider as Olaf all game.

My over all issues are the map is too freaking bright, everything is the same weird color, the altars are the dumbest idea I've ever seen and I've played mostly dominion since it came out.

If you want to design a new TT keep in mind Maokai lives there, that's his home... does it look like he fits anywhere at all in the new TT? The answer obviously being no, maybe take that into consideration on your next attempt since it appears everyone hates this one and for good reason.

Twilight Monkey

10-26-2012

Its Ent hate

For shame riot!

CuteCake

10-26-2012

'everyone hates this one'?
lots of people like it, myself included. the old TT was genuinely hated by most of the community because it was a mess, the map design was just horrendous in every possible way.

Also, you said 'for good reason' and all you can say is 'I don't like the color scheme' or 'altars are dumb'

Cheeto101

10-26-2012

Maokai loves this new jungle. Clears it stupidly fast, easy ganks for him with speed shrine. Saplings are even more amazing in a ward free environment and the enclosed space makes it easier then ever to force fights in his ult.

Moshu Nanren

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteCake View Post
'everyone hates this one'?
lots of people like it, myself included. the old TT was genuinely hated by most of the community because it was a mess, the map design was just horrendous in every possible way.

Also, you said 'for good reason' and all you can say is 'I don't like the color scheme' or 'altars are dumb'
Arguing that everyone doesn't hate this map because you personally like it, isn't much of an argument. Look at the forums you're on... the response to the map is overwhelmingly negative. Everyone hates it.

I personally doubt riot is going to just scrap the map despite how bad it is they obviously spent a lot of time on it but the least they could do is give the option to use either map since everyone prefers the old one.

Here's an itemized list of problems for you.

1. Any champ can jungle everything except spider with no issues at all.
2. Requires specific champs like Olaf to solo spider in any reasonable time frame. But if you take your entire team to spider it's incredibly noticeable and any tanky character or adc can stand in towers long enough to destroy your tower and base in the amount of time it takes to kill the spider.
3. Tanks on the map are unbeatable and the new items make it even worse. Of the 3 games I played every one of them was 1 tank/bruiser pulling solo triple kills all game regardless of which one. Darius seemed to be the popular choice but I did the same thing as Olaf.
4. Either remove the jungle entirely or have a jungle, I have no idea what to call the current mess because there's no actual jungle but there is a few creeps strewn around the map near the altars.
5. Altars are the worst idea ever, remove them. It was really dumb to remove jungle buffs and replace them with something you have to go stand on for 5 seconds every 90 seconds.
6. Are you kidding me with the no wards?
7. Between the lack of wards and lack of jungling you would think laning would be important but somehow it's just not... since you have to altar all the time there is no reason to do it at all unless you want to bait people to their tower so you can kill them under it because of how little damage the towers do. But generally they're busy altaring as well so you've probably already killed them or you're both just standing in a bush guarding an altar because you know the other person is also but you have no wards to see where.
8. The map coloring is horrible from absolutely any perspective it's like being in an old clay catacomb where everything looks identical and disorients you because there's no variation at all.
9. You have to run around the starting area you can't run straight into it and the mapping is so messed up that if you auto click a distance you'll frequently take the longest possible route out of the starting area.

Moshu Nanren

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto101 View Post
Maokai loves this new jungle. Clears it stupidly fast, easy ganks for him with speed shrine. Saplings are even more amazing in a ward free environment and the enclosed space makes it easier then ever to force fights in his ult.
My Maokai example is not a matter of function, Maokai is a great champ he's useful in any environment. My issue was he does not fit the map at all... it's a mix between an alien spaceship and clay... it looks like a dystopian stargate. Where on the map do trees fit in? They have no place at all... it's called Twisted Treeline it's where Maokai calls home, does it look anything at all like a place that would be named Twisted Treeline or have Treants living there?

Moshu Nanren

10-26-2012

Another major issue I have is the time, due to the horrible layout, lack of wards, etc, etc. Games average 40 to 60 minutes... These are 5v5 SR times. 3vs3 among other things used to be faster paced and shorter games than SR now it takes as long or longer than most SR games.