Blade Xin, Overlord of 3s!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peligrad

10-26-2012

I was fooling around with Xin last night in the new TT and won every single game I played him in (5 games total). In addition, most of these games were 20 minute surrenders because he raped them so hard (or enabled teammates to rape them).

I was playing Xin as a jungler with smite and exhaust starting with boots and dorans blade. It was working really well. I was keeping up in level with the solo lanes, ganking and stealing their jungle and capture node whenever I saw opportunity while keeping an eye on ours and thwarting enemy ganks. Xin is such a bully!

I was using that new Blade of the Ruined King and holy **** is that thing strong!
So strong in fact that I was leveling up Xin's battle cry over 3 talon strike for the extra AS and hp regen / dueling capability.

As soon as I got that blade, I could solo the spider...it was silly...

In 1v1 situations I was rolling solo laners that had full hp and all their cds with 45% and walking away with a similar amount of hp as I started with... In team fights I was being focused and surviving long enough to ensure the other team got wiped out every time...

Xin is extremely powerful in this format with this new item...

Once the new items are put up on Mobafire, I'll write a guide with some more details... but if you're a Xin player (or just want to roll 3s) you've gotta try this!

Peligrad

10-26-2012

I'm kind of surprised to not have a single comment on this.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I showed the build to a friend last night and he liked it a lot on Olaf as well.

It's:

Doran's Blade + Boots of Speed (to start), berseker's grieves, then pickaxe > bilgewater cutlass > Blade of the Ruined King

Once I have the blade the build opens up to a lot of possibilities. In general, I find the Trinity Force very strong on Xin, but I've also been building defense (especially RO) after the blade depending on enemy team comp.

The active on the blade is really good. It's saved my life a bunch of times and has netted me several kills as well.

Its especially nice for Xin because of his lack of range.

HowDoIMacro

10-26-2012

Ive been thinking about how xin would preform in the new 3's, im for sure going to try him now.

what runes/masteries do you run?
im guessing the usual jungle setup armpen,as/armor etc...?

Peligrad

10-26-2012

flat AD marks and quints, armor seals, MR/level glyphs.

I've been running 19/11 masteries. I thought about the typical 21/9 but I'm pretty sure 19/11 is better.

I'm taking tough skin, hardiness, vigor, bladed armor, and indomitable in defense and the usual physical masteries in offense.

Running this setup has allowed me to go potion-less and have the highest possible static stats. It's really given me an edge on those early ganks being able to have the stats of a doran's item and the mobility of boots.

Peligrad

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Upload videos man!!, please :3

Goggris

10-29-2012

He's strong, no doubt about it, and certainly would work in many team comps. His biggest weakness is his lack of escape, but if you start to snowball early that weakness disappears. If for whatever reason you have a bad early game you'll find yourself not able to contribute much.

Lemurialol

10-29-2012

bruiser/durable ad working in a 3v3 game? Who would have guessed thatsquishies would get dominated in a map built around ganks that is very small.

Goggris

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurialol View Post
bruiser/durable ad working in a 3v3 game? Who would have guessed thatsquishies would get dominated in a map built around ganks that is very small.
Triple bruiser comps are easily countered.

Lemurialol

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Triple bruiser comps are easily countered.
I hope i fight smarter players then. If they were easily countered my team would not be able to get gold in 7 matches. Gold isn't very high, we are not amazing players, but 7 wins in a row? I hardly ever do that in solo queue, almost impossible. In premades it was much MUCH easier. People don't even build against the teams. I swear people go to mobafire, and follow it exactly. I still think bruisers/non squishies are immensely op on here. That's why i use them, why gimp myself?

There are a couple exceptions, but for the most part tanky bruisers wreck. There is not enough farm time for carries / squishies. The map, like dominion, is a gank fest. team fights at alters, then usually another tem fight ensues once everyone is alive after that team fight. team fights at vilemaw. Ganks because the lanes are so close together. If one team or both teams have a jungler, ganking them is easy. As maokai, i throw saplings into the jungle to see if anyones there. As teemo i have wards there. The new lantern, BOOM, i see you. hex + shrooms + blackfire torch, devastating.