Opinions of 3v3 Newbs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rabbalian

10-26-2012

Hey there. I've played a few games of the new TT, most of them as Diana, and I thought I'd just give my perspective here. Maybe some other people can give some feedback here, too, that are generally new to 3v3. In the two years I've been playing League I can probably count the number of times I played TT on one hand and the same goes for Dominion (which I don't like). I LOVE this TT rendition, though, but some issues:

-I think the speed buff in the middle is pointless and doesn't encourage any style of gameplay that didn't or won't exist on this map anyway: move around the map a lot to engage in a healthy amount of skirmishes. We don't need a speed buff for that and, maybe it's a weak argument, it just feels very Dominion-like and isn't at all necessary

-I think the altars are great. They're not the focus of the map like Dominion but they add an interesting objective for the map comparable to red or blue buff on SR - except they aren't comparable because they're way too good. They encourage fights and are an edge to get over your enemies but they're too good and thus too distracting to laning. They let you snowball like crazy (could just be because I've mostly been playing Diana here). Don't get rid of them, just tone them down a bit so you can...

-...make Vilemaw's buff better. This is the map's neutral boss and should give a buff more enticing than the one you get from capturing both altars. He needs to be Baron-like, where the buff is a game changer and forcing fights there is a strategy

-Speaking of strategy, all I feel is that the two teams are throwing themselves at each other in hopes that someone will win. The altars could provide a strategic goal but that speed buff in the huge jungle center takes up too much space, and I don't think there are enough bushes around. The new items that provide vision are really interesting and unique and could be used nicely if there were a reason that you even needed vision. Replacing wards with them is cool and fine, but sort of a moot decision because there's not enough strategic bushes

-Jungle is too easy. I understand you don't necessarily want a dedicated jungler, but between the ease of the camps and the lucrative altars there's not much reason to lane (whose towers are too easy to knock down, I think)

Anyway I think that's all. Any other SR veterans who are new to TT and want to share their thoughts?

SaintHax

10-26-2012

I've been playing TT almost exclusively since Season One (no idea how many years... 3?). I've played the new map less than a dozen times so far.

- I agree with your speed buff point. I find it fairly worthless and not needed on this map.

- I like the idea of alters, but capturing them happens too quickly for anyone to respond to. There's no wards, and you can't relock them. I'd like to see a small mob spawn that needs to be destroyed before the capture can start. Like a single large golem. Maybe force the player to focus on the shrine so that you can't attack while in it and capture it.

- I've got no opinion on Vilemaw at this point.

- Jungle... I've not made my mind up on yet. Going to play a few more games before I voice an opinion.

eLeeTeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

old TT should not be taken away...

my only opinion

rabbalian

10-26-2012

Yeah, altars are a little too easy to take.

I think Riot won't keep old TT around, though I don't see why it'd be hard for them to do. Maybe in a couple weeks we'll figure out the new TT, so to speak, as it's taken us however long to figure out SR (well, weeks don't compare to years but still you get the idea)

Peligrad

10-26-2012

I really dislike the alters tbh...

They are soooo gimmicky.

I also really dislike the lack of map awareness options.
The Hextech sweeper is useless for most situations, but it is utterly ridiculously overpowered against stealth based champions.
If you don't think so, go ahead and try to play Akali in 3s...
I know that the items are there to counter certain champs that were considered too strong, but all they really do is further limit the playable champions in the format.

xc10150

10-26-2012

i hope they keep old TT.