New Twisted Treeline extremely snowbally

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZolrainTheGod

10-27-2012

Just get on person fed and you win the game.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapsi View Post
I think it's snowbally, but not THAT snowbally. Last night I played the best game I've ever played, in TT or SR, went on for an hour, constant teamfights and aces, we were behind 30-9 at one point.
The big problem is, the snowball is REALLY hard to overcome. Not impossible, but it shouldn't be so difficult to overcome after 3-4 kill disadvantage and 90-120s of altar control. Just rough stuff.

However, I do agree there are methods to come back currently, they're just absurdly difficult to pull off effectively and are half luck. Roaming/ganking tends to be a great way to pull back in, but if they react appropriately you're kinda screwed.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Because +10% to a stat is omg i snowball, you know something productive to do while they are grabbing altars?, go kill vilemaw or do something useful while they are grabbing an irrelevant buff.

"Snowballing cuz of altars" is not a valid argument because as of now they are a noobtrap and every SR player (drawn like a moth by the fake promise they made up in their minds of a gamemode where they could force their meta) is falling for it, because there's no way one of you TT players could fall for such a trap when there's a far more important objective, since th previous TT was already objective based, based on Priority of objective.

The oNly neccessary altar fight is the first one, the others are just waste of time.

Celestya

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Because +10% to a stat is omg i snowball, you know something productive to do while they are grabbing altars?, go kill vilemaw or do something useful while they are grabbing an irrelevant buff.

"Snowballing cuz of altars" is not a valid argument because as of now they are a noobtrap and every SR player (drawn like a moth by the fake promise they made up in their minds of a gamemode where they could force their meta) is falling for it, because there's no way one of you TT players could fall for such a trap when there's a far more important objective, since th previous TT was already objective based, based on Priority of objective.

The oNly neccessary altar fight is the first one, the others are just waste of time.
Yeah, letting them get control of both altars isn't a problem at all! Who cares if they gain 8 gold more per minion, who cares if they have 10% more stats. Who cares if that ends up getting them items quicker! That doesn't play into who's stronger at all.

LoveHateSexPain

10-27-2012

The new TT is more of a teamfight only map. From what I've noticed, people usually run together, especially at an alter. If you're stuck on a squishy team against two bruisers with a lot of CC and a carry, you're going to get stomped at level 1. I've noticed a lot of games lost within the first 5 minutes.

netkitten

10-27-2012

they just need to nerf altars a bit

PierreJauneMauve

10-27-2012

3v3 was always snowbally, it's just that even if you got outplayed early you could still turtle for 35 minutes and sometimes pull off a win. I'm not sure why people think this was ''the good ole fun 3v3 map''. Maybe the new map isn't perfect, but the old wasn't at all either. The poorly designed jungle made it unreliable to jungle ( but still necessary), the dragon was too easy to get and gave too much, champion balance horribly poor. The update was to make twisted treeline more competitive, and I think it succeeded at that.

Keegstar

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapsi View Post
I think it's snowbally, but not THAT snowbally. Last night I played the best game I've ever played, in TT or SR, went on for an hour, constant teamfights and aces, we were behind 30-9 at one point.
this is not what real TT was. this sounds like dominion.