Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I love it (And so should you)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grey Fawkes

10-26-2012

Quote:
defektz:
realy? try a teamfight levels 1-5 while the other team has both, please do.

Are you saying that a 10% increase in AD/AP during Levels 1-5 is truly significant?

JacksonSolo

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Quote:
Scarsofpride:

News Flash: Most people would choose the old map over this one if it was put to the vote!

Ima call BS on that one...

Lisztomaniac

10-26-2012

Quote:
Grey Fawkes:
I'm actually interested in seeing how many people like it and how many people hate it. Would probably be best to host a poll in General Discussion and one here.

in general discusion new map will win, because SR players dont care and will just vote for the new map to suport riot, post a poll here and youll see the truth.

Grey Fawkes

10-26-2012

Quote:
Lisztomaniac:
in general discusion new map will win, because SR players dont care and will just vote for the new map to suport riot, post a poll here and youll see the truth.

"Truth" decided by the majority, I'm sure.

100percentBEAST

10-26-2012

Quote:
turbOpun:
Could explain to me what the major draw to the old "TTC" map is compared to "TT2" because I don't get it. I believe Riot has changed all of the toxic aspects of the map (not including champions ofc) and improved them at least two fold.

so true!!! i was never a humongous twisted treeline but thats because it was boring aaafffff if i wanted to solo lane theres always top and mid lane in summoners rift. they really really did well on changing the entire playstyle by making teamfights at 1/3/5 etc etc instead of just making it so the winning lanes snowball enormously and the most fed person carries (exception of jax he was on my team and was just 3v1 ing them wtf lolz)

kharaa

10-26-2012

I actually really enjoy this new map.. balance is a little weird, jax is just a steamroll on this map but..I'm having fun with it.

turbOpun

10-26-2012

Quote:
Keegstar:
The biggest thing is that all the competitive 3s players didnt ask for this and dont like it. would they ever do that to the competitive 5s players? no. this game change is awful for competitive play.

Would you mind advertising them to me? So many people are doing this, bashing the new game mode and giving no reasons why...

Quote:
Keegstar:

this 'new' TT already shows there are much fewer champs you can actually play. this just shows how little Riot cares about the real fan base of TT, the competitive players that play TT mainly. this map is a mini dominion. 100% fail in every way.

Again if you would expand on this it would be great, because I really cant seem to agree and without any evidence we'd just be arguing opinion.

Quote:
defektz:
realy? try a teamfight levels 1-5 while the other team has both, please do.

In many cases that's just a dumb idea, and I touched on that in response to another post. That's like saying fight them while they have Baron on SR... just wait it out, continue to farm, and in less than two minutes you can sneaky snake in and attempt a cap.

However if you have an early game dominant team you can win those fights, if you have a better team cop in general you can win those fights, etc. It's entirely possible.

turbOpun

10-26-2012

Quote:
EnemyController:
I feel smite is unnecessary as the creep camps are so weak. The only thing worth smiting the BigSpider, which you can't really do early anyways. On the old TT, you would take Smite to secure buffs since they could potentially be warded. Why take smite on new TT when there is only one buff to secure? There are no wards, so the likelihood of losing the Big Spider to a smite steal is VERY unlikely.

I'd have to disagree on account of the improved speed (in clearing, levelling and then in ganking ofc) for a team with Smite versus one without.

Also, with the small map size and low death timers it is entriely possible that you will start Vilemaw after a fight bot lane and suddenly 2 members of the enemy team are coming in to take it/you out (when youa re all low from AoE spider hits) and often times they get a free gap close from the grappling web he uses.

Quote:
EnemyController:

Due to the fact that jungling is so easy and might not even be necessary, more champions are viable. Ex. Roaming Pantheon/Garen can just invade the enemy jungle since he is so strong early game and put lots of pressure on the lanes and the enemy jungler at the same time.

However a jungler provides your team with more income overall as you are not sharing lane farm, and a small map allows for fast reaction from a teammate if needed.

Quote:
EnemyController:

The game is in general more fast paced due to the speed shrine and lack of wards. Death timers are very short and make it hard to push towers. This may possibly be due to the fact that teams would rather secure the altar as opposed to getting a tower.

This ends up making the game last longer as games are harder to snowball. On the old TT, you could ace an enemy team, take their tower and secure the entire jungle and starve them out.

I've been hearing a lot of people talking about "long games" which are often ~40 minutes in their examples, which is nothing compared to the 60+ minute games of old TT with a turtling farming losing team just waiting out the battle of attrition and sometimes even managing to slingshot back from a huge disadvantage.

We'll see how it all pans out I suppose.