I love it (And so should you)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turbOpun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip Pirrup View Post
My main qualm is the altars, I do love the concept.. but a 90s timer renders your laning phase fairly small...
I think a lot of people are missing out on having junglers (or competent ones), who are the "altar boys" if you will. Their role is not only to gank lanes, but to control map objectives.

Altar caps dont need to happen every 90s as available. When a jungler ganks a lane and either sends a champion to base, blows a Flash/Ghost/Exhaust, or kills them, you take the Altar either alone (as a jungler) or with the laner you just ganked for.

It doesn't halt the laning phase, it merely adds a new element to it, and having at least 1 altar gets you 4g per last hit more during laning.

Blurry420

10-26-2012

I love the jungle and everything really except the altars. I never played the old TT because it felt op to just get a tank and destroy everything. In this version, the altars feel unbalanced since the team winning will most likely be the ones to control both for that significant 10% buff to kick the losers while they are down. I don't mind the speed buff and I don't know how I feel about the removal of wards yet. I can't think of anything else to say about it. Overall, it feels more balanced than the original to me even if I do hate the altars and I might play it casually some. Nothing will replace SR but I enjoy this way more than domination and I still queue up for it every once and a while.

Having said all this, I still don't understand why they would completely remove the old TT. I don't like the old TT and think it needs some fixes to even be playable to the point where it didn't feel like a stupid map and a waste of time but thats just me. Its been a map forever and I'm never one to approve removing features from a game. It wouldn't hurt anything to leave it avail as a normal option or, at least, a custom game option.

DicDastardly

10-26-2012

Vocal minority doesn't represent everyone. That is all.

winterhands

10-26-2012

The new map not only removes some annoying exploits, (turtling by minion baiting) but does a lot of good for the size of the map. Did anyone really see jungling in the old TT as a viable option until SUPER end game? No. And by then it was mostly decided. The only thing it accomplished was putting a nail in the coffin, which frankly makes it less fun to play.

The size of the old TT was also a huge problem. There were only a limited selection of champs you could really play because of how difficult it was to get everywhere.

I think that the improvements have made a much more streamlined game, and not sacrificed any strategy in the process. And that, if anything is something to be happy about. So quit getting your panites in a bunch and play the map more than once before you qq for the old one.

Peligrad

10-26-2012

Being 21 doesn't make you not a kid...

And TT2 has its perks, but it also has major faults.

I'm sure Riot will address them...but after 8 games on the map I've already figured out how to win about every game... see my recent history and you'll see I've won the last 5/5 using a particular champion with a particular new item...

I've never seen a map that can be so easily won in champion select...the right team comp wins every time...

Lengone

10-26-2012

Back on the original topic. Yes I like the new TT.

@ Riot thank you for a great map. Love everything about it. The altars are a great idea that gives players another option and objective to manage and gain an advantage from. As a smaller faster game mode this works much better than old TT witch could take just as long or longer than a SR map.

Keegstar

10-26-2012

The biggest thing is that all the competitive 3s players didnt ask for this and dont like it. would they ever do that to the competitive 5s players? no. this game change is awful for competitive play. there is a reason dominion doesnt have ranked play and it shouldnt. this 'new' TT already shows there are much fewer champs you can actually play. this just shows how little Riot cares about the real fan base of TT, the competitive players that play TT mainly. this map is a mini dominion. 100% fail in every way.

Keegstar

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterhands View Post
The new map not only removes some annoying exploits, (turtling by minion baiting) but does a lot of good for the size of the map. Did anyone really see jungling in the old TT as a viable option until SUPER end game? No. And by then it was mostly decided. The only thing it accomplished was putting a nail in the coffin, which frankly makes it less fun to play.

The size of the old TT was also a huge problem. There were only a limited selection of champs you could really play because of how difficult it was to get everywhere.

I think that the improvements have made a much more streamlined game, and not sacrificed any strategy in the process. And that, if anything is something to be happy about. So quit getting your panites in a bunch and play the map more than once before you qq for the old one.
so many things wrong with this. first yes. the minion dragging was a problem that was fixed and about the only one that was. second jungling was 100% a viable option. low elo players in TT just had no idea how to do it and therefore complained about it. and lastly this new map has a much more limited champion selection. where again TT had a good selection if you new how to play the game correctly

defektz

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Fawkes View Post
@turbOpun - I guess people make the connection between the Dominion capture points and the altars because they are stationary objectives and not targetable units. The funny thing is that they aren't really much different than Red/Blue Buff, Dragon, and Baron; you don't have to acquire them to win, but it is a pretty good idea to do so.
realy? try a teamfight levels 1-5 while the other team has both, please do.

EnemyController

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I played a couple games last night. Here are some things I noticed about the general game play that differs from old Twisted Treeline.

I feel smite is unnecessary as the creep camps are so weak. The only thing worth smiting the BigSpider, which you can't really do early anyways. On the old TT, you would take Smite to secure buffs since they could potentially be warded. Why take smite on new TT when there is only one buff to secure? There are no wards, so the likelihood of losing the Big Spider to a smite steal is VERY unlikely.

Due to the fact that jungling is so easy and might not even be necessary, more champions are viable. Ex. Roaming Pantheon/Garen can just invade the enemy jungle since he is so strong early game and put lots of pressure on the lanes and the enemy jungler at the same time.

The game is in general more fast paced due to the speed shrine and lack of wards. Death timers are very short and make it hard to push towers. This may possibly be due to the fact that teams would rather secure the altar as opposed to getting a tower.

This ends up making the game last longer as games are harder to snowball. On the old TT, you could ace an enemy team, take their tower and secure the entire jungle and starve them out.

More thoughts as I play more I guess.