I love it (And so should you)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pip Pirrup

10-26-2012

First off I know he stated he was TEMPTED to call others underaged due to their reaction over the entire map being overhauled. Admittedly worded it more drastic than I should have. It rubbed me the wrong way as I am sure you and quite a few others can understand.

Judging by even the thread title alone, though, he is trying to state that his opinion is right and "f all the whiners". Riot does indeed know what they are doing, but they simply went about it in the wrong way, to myself and many others. (be they underage or not)

If you want reason why I dislike sed changes, I have listed them before and will not waste time quoting them or re-listing them again. My dislikes of the changes are what they are, disagree with me or not, I have said what I had to say elsewhere and don't care enough to make more of 1 persons petty qualms.

Part of me suspects he was not a "main" 3v3 player or this change would indeed upset him as it has many others.

If only for the removal of top jungle, or making the "Dragon/Vilemaw" not even worth obtaining in most matches.

As for turbOpun's argument, I don't consider this at ALL like a "mini-dominion" my qualm is they changed what 3v3 players liked about 3v3 and put "crutches" in their stead.

GreatLakesSwimer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I'm with turbOpun everyone is so mad, this new map is a success it's really addressed a lot of the problems with the old TT very well. A lot of the criticism seems to be baseless and in the mindset of "I don't like change so even the parts of this that are sorta cool just plain suck, the whole thing sucks!"

As it's been said it's still in beta so that means we can expect some incoming tweaks to address balance problems. It does seem like Champions that benefit from range are still a little underpowered. Also the idea of Vilemaw is cool I'd rather have a bad ass boss to kill top than the dragon from summoners rift, but Vilemaw seems to be a little OP right now, and the buff he gives doesn't make it as worth killing him. And of course it seems it's too easy to snow ball on this map, if you can win the level one team fight for the Altars you usually win the game. Riot is on this though they are going to address these issues.

I don't know why since this is in beta that it is in both the ranked and normal games, seems like they could have put it in normal only. Surely they have their reasons?

Stonehelm93

10-26-2012

I'd like to have both maps, maybe make the one 4v4 or something.

turbOpun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip Pirrup View Post
Judging by even the thread title alone, though, he is trying to state that his opinion is right and "f all the whiners".
I am stating that, but not in such an in-your-face, elistist way. Riot fixed the biggest problems about Twisted Treeline, and managed to make elements of the game more exciting and challenging.

Quote:
If you want reason why I dislike said* changes, I have listed them before and will not waste time quoting them or re-listing them again. My dislikes of the changes are what they are, disagree with me or not, I have said what I had to say elsewhere and don't care enough to make more of 1 persons petty qualms.
You haven't listed them here, and if you aren't willing to give your input here I'd prefer you refrain from posting under the idea that if you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem. Last I knew the forums had no working search function so I couldn't seek out your posts anyway.

Quote:
Part of me suspects he was not a "main" 3v3 player or this change would indeed upset him as it has many others.

If only for the removal of top jungle, or making the "Dragon/Vilemaw" not even worth obtaining in most matches.
The old Twisted Treeline had a slew of balance issues, inconsistencies, random spawns, and more which posed problems to the map. Removing the top jungle makes ganking either lane an option, Vilemaw gives great bonuses, tons of gold in stats, and though he is impressively strong he is very much worth it.

It is no longer a matter of "We got a kill, Smite is up, let's dragon" It's much more than that. Vilemaw hits in AoE, either team, has a wicked pull ability that can force a fight even if a team is trying to disengage. You get PUNISHED for misjudging champion spawns, your team's strength, and your ability to gtfo afterwards.

I would like to hear your idea of what these 'crutches' they added are.

turbOpun

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehelm93 View Post
I'd like to have both maps, maybe make the one 4v4 or something.
Could explain to me what the major draw to the old "TTC" map is compared to "TT2" because I don't get it. I believe Riot has changed all of the toxic aspects of the map (not including champions ofc) and improved them at least two fold.

Pip Pirrup

10-26-2012

@turbO
you know that SED is a word right? no need to correct if you have no idea what you are correcting my friend. Putting my dumbfounded rage aside... I did not claim you put it as in "in you face" style" at all.all I attempted to point out was the threads title was qute presumptuous. I WILL agree they fixed ALOT of the flaws but did impose a good few negatives in the process. But to claim it is more challenging is a bit over the edge to me, it truly is more like rock paper-scissors in the end. If one team rushes your altar extremely early game and your team is composed of mostly- if not all - late game champs, how do you compete? Please keep in mind i am far from slandering your opinions, the threads title merely rubbed me wrongly.

turbOpun

10-26-2012

Quote:
@turbO
you know that SED is a word right?
Prove it

Quote:
I WILL agree they fixed ALOT of the flaws but did impose a good few negatives in the process. But to claim it is more challenging is a bit over the edge to me, it truly is more like rock paper-scissors in the end. If one team rushes your altar extremely early game and your team is composed of mostly- if not all - late game champs, how do you compete?
Passivity & attention to detail. That is how a lategame comp wins over an early game comp. That is how CLG.eu has won over many teams.

If you recognized the early strengths of a team, usually peaking at level 6 or so, you simply have to make smart choices early on and focus on farming and not dying over trading kills or invading for camps/Altar.

I will agree that old TT was hella challenging, but for the wrong reasons. Reasons which, I believe, have been fixed, and the positives of this map outweigh any negatives that have been introduced in the process (especially because a fair amount of those issues are item based, and items can be tweaked again and again and again).

A Yoshi Egg

10-26-2012

i agree with whoever posted this... new 3v3 is fun just like the old 3v3. just give it a chance. champs like swain and khazix are really fun to play on this map. and the new items help you counter build your opponents

Pip Pirrup

10-26-2012

Web definitions

(sing) deliver by singing

Prove I didn't sing it to you man.

I will agree in some senses, the positives do outweigh the negatives, that does not mean the negatives are not severe. As I have stated in a prior thread I love the fact they took a great stance against turtling, I love how the map is much more narrow. And despite personal qualms (namely getting used to the change), I even agree with the elimination of wards from the map. But there are a few small elements that I wholeheartedly disagree with.

To say it in the best of my ability, they truly made it so certain champs shine even morso despite skills. I am NOT saying "omg qq bruisers dominate harder" for a vague example, shaco is EXTREMELY more viable (not claiming op, just a small observation be it irrelevant or not, it IS still early testing) where as in the old TT he was quite acceptional if played properly and guaged opponents skills properly (not claiming he was a GOOD pick but compared to some others..)

Perhaps I am simply just rambling because I miss my preffered map but anyways... My main qualm is the altars, I do love the concept.. but a 90s timer renders your laning phase fairly small... I know is worded poorly but english is not my primary language forgive me.. (yes you were right in a sense SED only means to sing a word and I definately did not do that ^^) Forgive my arrogance but i came home from work to 3v3 and was rather suprised with the new map. Needless to say i was somewhat upset and/or confused.

Jeteri

10-26-2012

Seriously, I love the new TT too, and the hate it's getting is just unreasonable. Thumbs down all you want haters because I'll be on 3v3 enjoying the goodness <3