The real problems with the new Twisted Treeline... and possible fixes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BanditBandito

10-26-2012

Like many, me and my friends were ready to take on the new 3v3 map head on as we were hyped up about it since we heard about it in the making, unfortunately that hype was gone within minutes of playing the new TT. Now instead of being one of those people who just sit and complain, im going to list the negatives which me and my group of friends (8 of us play daily) thought about and fixes that NEED to be made to even make this viable, overall it just seems like a bad mixture of summoner rifts mid lane and dominion mixed together to form this madness.

So since there is alot to cover lets start from the bases out. The bases themselves are just WAY TO BIG!!! i feel like i have to walk forever just to even get into a lane. i know riot wanted to fix minions from being killed from turrets, but i mean having 2 massive platforms is just ridiculous, its too much walking and the 2 bases themselves could make up for the whole map itself, now there is a gap between the jungle and the nexus so no one can flash through, which is great but was it necessary to add that big of a boundary to show visually that you cant flash there? The bases need to be made smaller and the second platform removed, along with the 10 meter wide staircases that go all the way down.

Now lets move to the jungle and lanes... This whole alter idea isn't bad but what i thought and same as my peers, is that its just too much. At the beginning game all players run and protect there alter or try to steal the opposing teams alter, one way or another this just turns into 3 players running with there heads cut off and seem to continue like that for the rest of the game. alters either need to be replaced by buffs or remove completley and or just add ONE alter in the mid. The bushes in this whole map are terrible, they look weird and are very small. Small to the point where it feels only 1 or 2 people can actually fit in one, and the placements are also bad since there isn't many bushes in the jungle already. Lanes need to be fixed, were we aiming for the lanes to be like the autobahn highway? they are massive with no bushes and a massive graphic design at the bottom one, and with 8 entries on each side of the jungle to enter from...this needs to be reduced to 4 maximum. The turrets look like minions in size scaled with the whole map. and just overall don't look good. The overall color and look to the map is very different and not in a good way different.

This all results in a gameplay which like i said gives players which have ZERO strategy get to run around with there head cut off staying in there groups of 3's making it always a 3v3 team fight when you enter mid, and making each team focus alters and leaving lanes bland and not interesting at all. Cool spider boss above top lane, literally the only positive i saw. Just all in all it needs to be scrapped and replaced with a simple DOTA map for 3v3.
If riot you want to create a new interesting game mode, dont do it with TT, but make a whole new map and a game type new and fresh not a scrambled up one like this. I guess im back to warcraft 3 dota for 3v3 if this map comes out.

Thanks.
sincerely BanditBandito

Reevezy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I completely disagree a lot of coordination has to happen to keep the altars and hence the advantage over the enemy team.

I haven't played this in solo queue so I can't vouch for what it's like without an organised team but in some ways this requires more teamwork than summoners rift.

I love it.

KARGAN ELIANTRIX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

not to be a hater or anything but it really just sounded like whining to me, I mean "The bushes in this whole map are terrible, they look weird..." that's just whining about the graphics, however i do have to agree that the bushes seem a bit small or more importantly I have had a few times where I clicked on what I thought would be bushes but wasn't.

Jeanschyso

10-26-2012

I think this map is great for the reasons you gave. it encourages jungling and ganking, which results in encounters in the jungle, where those altars are. They are crucial, for the bonus money per CS they give and the % stats. The new items are great, save for that lantern, which I take anyway because I like the passive on it when attempting the spider or killing golems

This map is pure win. You want to prevent a gank from the jungle? have a jungler farm your side's camps. He'll see the other jungler come.

Noobtactical

10-26-2012

I also like the map and the new types of gameplay it promotes. It feels faster paced and more engaging than the old TT

Leonixxiii

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevezy View Post
I completely disagree a lot of coordination has to happen to keep the altars and hence the advantage over the enemy team.

I haven't played this in solo queue so I can't vouch for what it's like without an organised team but in some ways this requires more teamwork than summoners rift.

I love it.
The problem is the Alters cause a team with a small advantage to snowball... Once you lose a tower it becomes very hard to maintain your alter, let alone the other one, and since your pushed back they can farm away much easier with that extra gold bonus... The alters are ok, but the gold buff has to go as thats what causes the runaway.

I love the map, but every game I've won, or lost was due to the scenario I put above.