Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Lyte I am not sure if I should be posting this here but, I am still getting the same bug as the last version of the justice review.

It says only a "minority" agreed, even though I voted right on this one
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5829873/

Is it just a bug while showing the info, or it was counted as if I voted wrong?

Menniir

10-26-2012

Same here, this bug (?) is cancelling your streaks too.

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/344082/

I voted punish, list says "Very few" - actual case says "Majority"

Rigelina

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Lyte I am not sure if I should be posting this here but, I am still getting the same bug as the last version of the justice review.

When I view the case itself (not your justice review), it says "decision: punish" and "agreement: majority." So there's a bug somewhere.

Exploding Barrel

10-26-2012

Lyte, this thread could really use a recap of how exactly a person gets into the Tribunal (it takes many reports, the case does not show all your games, etc). The "I got banned for only 3 reports!" thread shows up here 10 times a day.

OldTomJefferson

10-26-2012

Can we ratchet up the severety of the tribunal already? I swear at least 1/3 of the ranked games I play have extremely negative people in them. It's almost getting to the point where I don't want to play ranked games (even though I really like ranked way more than normal).

Avaren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallabatorix View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5787864/
in instance number one this is a very good example. i tried to ask team to group up and ask for assistance a few times and didnt respond in a negative manor and was reported for no reason. the team would not group up at all and 3 people were preque. so i was reported by them and an enemy team for a reason i dont know.
in instance 2 you would have had to see what leesin was doing. there is no way someone would be this bad at landing his 1 skill shot when its points blank. other people even complained about him in chat. i was having a bad game this time because i got randomed cause i had to go to the bathroom during champ select. the enemy team is apparently trolling the chat log them reports me when they said more offensive things than i did. i was doing well with my champion but my team members were either trolling or were extremly unskiled.
game number 3. you should have watched tf let his middle leave over and over and not call mias when he was asked nicely to do so. and you would have to watch the game to even understand what darius is doing. i remember this game clearly. he stood there and let people die just to take kills from them and make his score seem better when him tf and graves were apparently trolling you can tell when his first words are.
Graves [00:01:10] too bad pre game lobby doesnt come up in tribunal
Graves [00:01:11] noob
and for instance number four. you would had to have watched this nunu to know he was trolling. all he did was run up and eat minions and use his iceball to kill minions when he called nunu support. he took my cs in lane and ended up blaming our lb in middle for feeding and he was the negative player on the team.
so i actually found 4 instances in a row of what i was talking about and it is what i was banned for. i believe if you watched the video footage of these matches you would not have banned me for them. you see what i mean lyte?

Game 1, You repeatedly yell at the jungler for getting kills. You don't once ask nicely for him to come earlier, you don't ask for ganks before they happen, you don't give him any advice how to improve his behavior. You DO question your team repeatedly in a negative manner. Here's an excerpt:

Jayce[00:16:31]wow this team
Jayce[00:16:35]i dont know what they are doing
Jayce[00:16:37]tf
Jayce[00:16:39]wat are u doing dude
Jayce[00:16:40]wtf

Would you want to play with someone talking to you like this?

Game 2, I'll start with a few choice quotes.

Nidalee[00:00:21]now for a random lane
Nidalee[00:00:25]to go with random pick

Nidalee[00:01:43]teemo leash
Nidalee[00:01:46]i dont feel like it

Nidalee [All][00:23:09]bads
Nidalee [All][00:23:36]not our fault he is fail
Nidalee [All][00:25:01]moron

Then the consistent use of the word "mad" to the enemy team. This stuff doesn't even require explanation. Retaliation is not an excuse and you were toxic this game.

Game 3, How is this asking him nicely to call MIA?

Blitzcrank[00:05:29]wpw
Blitzcrank[00:05:32]tf
Blitzcrank[00:05:33]calls mioa
Blitzcrank[00:05:36]when he is already here

You spend the entire team berating either TF or your entire team. This one, I'd probably say is a gray area, but more on the side of punish than pardon.

Game 4, it doesn't matter what nunu was doing or not doing. Statements like these aren't acceptable:

Jayce[00:17:37]******
Jayce[00:17:41]ur a fail
Jayce[00:17:43]support

Berating him the entire game, telling him not to play nunu. not to play support. yelling at him for taking cs. THis does not help anyone, least of all nunu. It makes the game toxic for him and anyone who has to read the chat.

The main point here is, retaliation is not a reason to break the summoners code. If people are yelling at you, ignore/report them. If they behave ingame against your wishes/expectations, try to advise them and if they refuse, you have to deal with it. Part of playing a game where you get a random team is accepting this fact.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-26-2012
7 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post

This is a bug, it's just using "Minority" when it's the wrong word to use in that case. The accuracy of the cases are still calculated correctly, we just have to fix the descriptor.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-26-2012
8 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTomJefferson View Post
Can we ratchet up the severety of the tribunal already? I swear at least 1/3 of the ranked games I play have extremely negative people in them. It's almost getting to the point where I don't want to play ranked games (even though I really like ranked way more than normal).
This is not necessarily due to the Tribunal's lenience. As we ramp up towards the end of Season 2, we are seeing increasingly poor behavior in Ranked modes. This will probably settle down in the next week or two.

Stampede EU

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.
Sorry, but this part is just utter bull****. I don't have to put up with someone's **** IRL, why in the hells name would I tolerate it ingame?

I have a full right to react and defend myself, and if someone was talking so much smack eye to eye to a person outside the game like some of these "fine specimens" that plague the cancerous LoL community do ingame, being yelled back at would be by far the least of their concerns.

Augratafier

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede EU View Post
Sorry, but this part is just utter bull****. I don't have to put up with someone's **** IRL, why in the hells name would I tolerate it ingame?

I have a full right to react and defend myself, and if someone was talking so much smack eye to eye to a person outside the game like some of these "fine specimens" that plague the cancerous LoL community do ingame, being yelled back at would be by far the least of their concerns.
Because it's not just you and him. 8 other people have to put up with both of your BS.