Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Understanding the Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FL4WED

10-26-2012

Quote:
Geekweezul:
Then do it.

Get me RIOT's financials. The original ones, and ensure they don't have a marked up cost on the creation of the tribunal system.

Can't exactly do a cost-analysis without knowing the ins and outs of the tribunal, time they took to create it, time my programmers would take to create it, what they pay their employees vs what the market average is for an employee in the same position, hours into maintenance, cost to run the system.

Get me all that and I'll happily do it.

Please, PLEASE use your head before you blindly defend a red just because they're a red.

Also, pretty Lyte is capable of self-defense on the internet, especially with the full knowledge of the tribunal.

TPOTK1NG

10-26-2012

Quote:
FL4WED:
Get me RIOT's financials. The original ones, and ensure they don't have a marked up cost on the creation of the tribunal system.

Can't exactly do a cost-analysis without knowing the ins and outs of the tribunal, time they took to create it, time my programmers would take to create it, what they pay their employees vs what the market average is for an employee in the same position, hours into maintenance, cost to run the system.

Get me all that and I'll happily do it.

Please, PLEASE use your head before you blindly defend a red just because they're a red.

Also, pretty Lyte is capable of self-defense on the internet, especially with the full knowledge of the tribunal.

Swing and a miss on that one. I believe he is talking about creating the cost analysis of the business/corp

Pastoulio

10-26-2012

@Lyte

I'm currently at work, but later in the day I would absolutely love to sit down and discuss things in a civil, rational manner. If at all possible, I'd be very interested in doing some statistical analysis of Tribunal data, and I'll try to recognize any significant trends. I currently believe there is a great deal of bias within the system, but no numbers have ever been published by Riot, so we can only speculate. In case you are wondering about my qualifications to conduct analysis in this manner, I design experiments for BASF and I have a master's degree in physics. Crunching tribunal data would be a fun side project for me.

@FL4WED
There was an interesting thread about it yesterday, but did you know that Riot has an"F" rating from the BBB? As a business owner yourself, please help people understand the implications of such a rating.

FL4WED

10-26-2012

Quote:
OhNoNotAgainv2:
Swing and a miss on that one. I believe he is talking about creating the cost analysis of the business/corp

No, in his context, he's talking about a cost analysis on the tribunal and this whole system directly.

Quote:
Pastoulio:

@FL4WED
There was an interesting thread about it yesterday, but did you know that Riot has an"F" rating from the BBB? As a business owner yourself, please help people understand the implications of such a rating.

I'm Canadian, but I would imagine it's the exact same thing.
So Businesses receive a Better Business Bureau rating based on either 16 or 17 different categories,

An F, as in school, is anything from 0% to 60%.

These are the categories:
Type of Business, Time in Business, Competency Licensing, Complaint Volume, Unanswered Complaints, Unresolved Complaints, Serious Complaints, Complaint Analysis, Complaint Resolution Delayed, Failure to Address Complaint Pattern, Government Action, Advertising Review, Background Information,Clear understanding of business, Mediation/arbitration, Revocation

I suppose the short version of it is that it takes into account all things, anything from employees, to management, to customers, and anything in between (as the categories really dictate). Every category is assigned a number of points it can give or take away (not going into details on that), and in the end, the business is given a rating from F to A+

Gonzodamus

10-26-2012

Heya Lyte, thanks for jumping in and posting this. Now we've got something handy to link to when need be

NinetyNineTails

10-26-2012

Quote:
Pastoulio:

Frankly, under the circumstances I'd suspect that the BBB is, unintentionally, serving as a Butthurt Meter. And simply reading the Tribunal forum should explain that.

Pastoulio

10-26-2012

Quote:
NinetyNineTails:
Frankly, under the circumstances I'd suspect that the BBB is, unintentionally, serving as a Butthurt Meter. And simply reading the Tribunal forum should explain that.

The Better Business Bureau is a respected and accredited organization, it's not yelp or ratemyprofessor.

Edit: Downvote more please. I'm not wrong.

LittleDi

10-26-2012

First of all thanks for taking the time to explain all this to us Lyte. Don't worry too much about Nurbutt and Gallabatorix. It's pretty easy for even me to tell they're currently banned and a little crazed with no outlet to troll others from. Did what I could to become their target for a while though someone managed to close the post they started ranting and raving from.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2725010

Anyways I'd much rather have questions asked from another thread be answered:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2720971

These preferably:

Quote:
GunflameSmurf:
So the question would be :
- What's the report rate for a player 900-1500 elo taken into consideration only solo ranked games without duo queue partners ?

And...
Quote:
C000kiemonstor:
Fact is though... you ahve a point.... we should see an average % reported for elo:

???<500
501<900
901<1300
1301<1500
1501<1800
2100<???

Thank you.

10-26-2012

Hi Lyte, was wondering if you could answer this for me.

When it comes to punishing for "intentional feeding", how do you justify that report if the player doesn't say anything? I had a case yesterday when a player was playing yi and died quite often. He was building items such as Nashor's Tooth, berserker's greaves, and two executioners callings. Items you typically wouldn't see on yi, yet they do benefit his stats.

Anyway, he died consistently, commented a few times (vulgar language included), but didn't correct his behaviour. I do feel for this player (maybe it was just a bad game) but I thought to myself "Look at his build, I wouldn't want to play with this dude."

You make a comment on that policy above, and I punished him, yet I found that hardly anybody else did (according to justice ratings). Am I too harsh of a voter, or did i do the right thing because I wouldn't want to play with this player?

MandyMemory

10-26-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
It's not even 1 in 10 games. Just look at your own match history and tell me which game it happened in. I can see all the data so I'm not sure why you would say it's 1 in 10

Secondly, please slow down on the post spamming.

That is a really really crappy thing to have happen. 1 in 1000 is still too often.
That is someone going out of their way to ruin a game in every way possible.