Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Other teams are already working on replays; but realistically, replays don't actually add that much accuracy to Tribunal cases. There's already enough detail to render accurate judgments on the vast majority of Tribunal cases and honestly most players wouldn't watch the replays anyway.
How do you figure this? How is the current system accurate enough when you dont have all the information? Maybe some players should be pardoned and you cant tell because all you have to go off of is chat log. If a player never says anything or they say the opposite of what they are doing it is hard to prove in some cases where the fault lies. If someone's attitude is instigated by another player i believe it should be pardoned. So why wouldnt you want to improve the current system by adding a replay feature to the tribunal. Why would you want to strive for less than 100% accuracy?

Vahlen

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallabatorix View Post
How do you figure this? How is the current system accurate enough when you dont have all the information? Maybe some players should be pardoned and you cant tell because all you have to go off of is chat log. If a player never says anything or they say the opposite of what they are doing it is hard to prove in some cases where the fault lies. If someone's attitude is instigated by another player i believe it should be pardoned. So why wouldnt you want to improve the current system by adding a replay feature to the tribunal. Why would you want to strive for less than 100% accuracy?
That's where your attitude needs to change, just because your playing a video game does not mean you get to disregard "social standards". Also, by that logic if you were to punch me and in retaliation I decide it permissible to shoot you I would not be held liable because "you started it".

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahlen View Post
That's where your attitude needs to change, just because your playing a video game does not mean you get to disregard "social standards". Also, by that logic if you were to punch me and in retaliation I decide it permissible to shoot you I would not be held liable because "you started it".
By law you could shoot me if you felt your life is threatened. and when did i say i disreguard social standards. i was actually making suggestions on improvments for the tribunal. How do i have an attitude? is helping better a game having an attitude? by your logic when i said "find the character who istigated the attitude initially" means you are saying you just want to punish one side over the other because some people instigate attitudes without using the chat system. dude you are just trying to rage on someone when you missed the entire point of the converstation. please do not post under me or reply to me because i will not be responding to people with invalid arguments. thank you very much
Edit: Downvote all you wish it doesnt stop it from being true. As far as i am concerned I won. I proved Lyte wrong because he never came back to respond to my initial argument. He has no corrections because i am accurate. There is no 100% decision on deciding all cases with just chat log. So unless he can come on here and prove otherwise. I win. Which he is going to have a hard time proving seeming as I provided four examples from the same case review.
Scoreboard
Riot 0. ME 1.

LargeSnorlax

10-26-2012

Guys, please ignore Gallabatorix and Nurbutt, they're really not worth responding to. They don't contribute anything to the discussion. They got banned last night and have literally been trolling the forums for 10 hours straight since that time, telling people to "go kill themselves" and spamming useless rage.

Anyways, thanks for the posts Lyte.

FL4WED

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Hey there, Lyte.

I understand and appreciate your explanation, but I feel as though there are still things missing, especially after looking over the first two pages of this subforum and seeing COUNTLESS threads about "banned for gg noobs" "banned for no reason", and I thought, well, they're probably not being honest. I reviewed the cases and honestly, they weren't lying. I think the tribunal is being HIGHLY abused.

I really wanted to bring to light (truly untentional, ha ha) a thread that reveals quite a few flaws in regards to the tribunal.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2719046

UninstaII Life

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
First, keep it constructive.

Secondly, I have no idea why people assume having a Tribunal is 'cheaper' for Riot. It's more expensive. We still have a full Player Support team that reviews Tribunal cases and we also have a full development team that has to maintain the Tribunal and develop new features for it.

If you want to argue about the Tribunal, let's have a discussion about it. Randomly saying it is cheaper or it's about money is basically the opposite of the truth.
Alright, Lyte, but it's time to call you out on your bullsht.

Having a fully automated system with a skeleton crew to monitor it is not more expensive than having a full staff (which would be larger by several orders of magnitude) manually review reports. It's absurd that you think you can even get away with such a ridiculous lie. The cost of employing a staff several times the size of the one that is present now over the course of a year (or, in this case, several years) easily dwarfs whatever development costs went into creating the farce we know as the Tribunal.

Jayrune

10-26-2012

Hi Lyte,

Can you Provide any insight to how false reports are identified or accounted for? in several cases i come across i find there to be one or more games that clearly didn't deserve a report, but the case still warrants a punish due to behavior in the remaining games. Given that the punish vote (and likely verdict) obviously won't flag them, are those undeserving games accounted for in some way?

And along the same lines, would it be advantageous to be able to flag (like with a checkbox or something) specific games in cases, so if a specific game gets a majority (or some percentage) of flags from the voters in the case cycle, it's ID'd as a false or inaccurate report?

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UninstaII Life View Post
Alright, Lyte, but it's time to call you out on your bullsht.

Having a fully automated system with a skeleton crew to monitor it is not more expensive than having a full staff (which would be larger by several orders of magnitude) manually review reports. It's absurd that you think you can even get away with such a ridiculous lie. The cost of employing a staff several times the size of the one that is present now over the course of a year (or, in this case, several years) easily dwarfs whatever development costs went into creating the farce we know as the Tribunal.
Because you know how many are on the staff, and how much it costs for development, research, upkeep, etc, right?

I suppose you also own your own business too? Can we add that to your "resume"?

FL4WED

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Because you know how many are on the staff, and how much it costs for development, research, upkeep, etc, right?

I suppose you also own your own business too? Can we add that to your "resume"?
He's not wrong, and despite his colorful language, I agree.
I own a parent corporation that runs three smaller companies, one of which is presently inactive, but I could easily do a cost-analysis.

Geekweezul

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL4WED View Post
He's not wrong, and despite his colorful language, I agree.
I own a parent corporation that runs three smaller companies, one of which is presently inactive, but I could easily do a cost-analysis.
Then do it.