Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

and for that to happen 1 game out of 10 is too frequent.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-26-2012
6 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallabatorix View Post
and for that to happen 1 game out of 10 is too frequent.
It's not even 1 in 10 games. Just look at your own match history and tell me which game it happened in. I can see all the data so I'm not sure why you would say it's 1 in 10

Secondly, please slow down on the post spamming.

Aces˘

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Curious is there a way to see the after game chat logs as well? I was just reviewing the case where there was no verbal abuse in the logs and the reporter even said after the game in his report. Even after reading what was said, it wasn't apparent by what was said to to say his actions could have lead to him saying such things.

Sessamo

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I know exactly how many times games like these happen.
Scariest Rioter quote ever.
Seriously though Lyte, you have done a fabulous job. I figure you don't really get a lot of love, statistical/behavioral analysis aren't the sexiest fields in the world and all, but some of us like your posts.

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5787864/
in instance number one this is a very good example. i tried to ask team to group up and ask for assistance a few times and didnt respond in a negative manor and was reported for no reason. the team would not group up at all and 3 people were preque. so i was reported by them and an enemy team for a reason i dont know.
in instance 2 you would have had to see what leesin was doing. there is no way someone would be this bad at landing his 1 skill shot when its points blank. other people even complained about him in chat. i was having a bad game this time because i got randomed cause i had to go to the bathroom during champ select. the enemy team is apparently trolling the chat log them reports me when they said more offensive things than i did. i was doing well with my champion but my team members were either trolling or were extremly unskiled.
game number 3. you should have watched tf let his middle leave over and over and not call mias when he was asked nicely to do so. and you would have to watch the game to even understand what darius is doing. i remember this game clearly. he stood there and let people die just to take kills from them and make his score seem better when him tf and graves were apparently trolling you can tell when his first words are.
Graves [00:01:10] too bad pre game lobby doesnt come up in tribunal
Graves [00:01:11] noob
and for instance number four. you would had to have watched this nunu to know he was trolling. all he did was run up and eat minions and use his iceball to kill minions when he called nunu support. he took my cs in lane and ended up blaming our lb in middle for feeding and he was the negative player on the team.
so i actually found 4 instances in a row of what i was talking about and it is what i was banned for. i believe if you watched the video footage of these matches you would not have banned me for them. you see what i mean lyte?

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

there is four instances right there and over how many games did this happen over so we can get a ratio. this is why you need to see a video replay. i just provided four instances for you right now. would like to hear ur thoughts lyte.

Swallow My Gravy

10-26-2012

Your recent tribunal update has gone too far. Hundreds of innocent players have been banned in the last 48 hours.

I hope you lose your job for this one o7

Soiyeruda

10-26-2012

Glad to get confirmation in that I should vote based off whether I would want to play with a specific player or not, based off their attitude in game. Makes me feel better about opposing some of the more popular threads in General Discussion that seem to get audiences that agree an unjust ban was given when I can see why the player was banned.

However, I'm finding that with the Justice Review, I'm voting based off mob mentality, which sort of bothers me.

The first three cases I've reviewed, I set to punish on all of them, yet the vast majority of the community pardoned.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5829012/#nogo (namecalling, references team feeding a lot, "bg" at the end)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5829130/ (player is level 10, next lowest is level 16. Has no items in inventory, lowest gold count. Even if the Graves was lagging, he shouldn't have been that far behind and he shouldn't have had alleged reports of putting down several wards for no reason)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5829167/ (Leaves in the middle of the game, lowest gold, lowest income, confirmed by several teammates to apparently be troll picking)

While some of these aren't the worst cases, the first and second games seem to at least call for warnings while the third looks like a potential temporary suspension. Lyte, is the justice system going to take into account cases such as these, where the majority could potentially be incorrect?

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

i just provided 4 instances waiting for a response.

Zielmann

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow My Gravy View Post
Your recent tribunal update has gone too far. Hundreds of innocent players have been banned in the last 48 hours.

I hope you lose your job for this one o7
It's funny because it's not true. I did my 20 cases last night and watched as my results came in (which is pretty fun when you've got a group of friends all doing it at the same time). What did I learn from that? If anything, people are getting away with things more often than they should be. Not the other way around, as you claim. Oh, and yes, I did have several legit pardon votes in there, and those cases were actually pardoned.

Every case I had that received a punishment definitely deserved it. However, there were a couple cases that I still maintain should have been punished which weren't. And my friends agreed with me when I linked them the cases. What we noticed, was that the decisions we were seeing seem to hinge an awful lot on the first game provided, and there seem to be enough people not actually looking through the additional games, that some players slipped through the cracks. In these two cases in particular, we would agree that the first game was fine. But the second game would have plenty of punishable stuff in it.

I'm going to write this off for now as a factor of the huge influx of new tribunal users because of the release of Justice Reviews. But I'll keep an eye on it. Once the Tribunal participation reverts back to those who aren't using it just because it's 'new', I'm hoping I'll see this trend fade away.