Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borenherjar

02-12-2013

So all permabans are review for the staff? I guess thats okay then. Thanks for the answer

Reealsugar

02-13-2013

Lol riot still sucks d*ick

PoosyM0nster

02-14-2013

Although i was banned due to d/c probs, why did my susension due date changed to January 2103 when supposedly it said February 14th which is today. Plz help me fix this.

Minandreas

02-19-2013

It's amusing how this topic is stickied at the very top of this forum, and yet half of the topics or more that come up in here with people asking why they were banned could find the answer clear as day right here.

kick ur balls

02-19-2013

riot dont give a sh** at u get banned or not. all they care is after u banned u gonna buy rp for a new account, thats it

iwantkenneth

Recruiter

02-20-2013

league of legends tribunal system is the most agressive banning system of all the games i have played so far,

Riverstyx201

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantkenneth View Post
league of legends tribunal system is the most agressive banning system of all the games i have played so far,
Riot has actually stated that if it were up to them, they would be a lot more strict than the Tribunal; so the Tribunal is actually relatively lenient.

Peter Pringus

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Lately, I've been receiving a lot of e-mails about the same questions and complaints about the Tribunal. I'm working with WookieCookie, RiotSeb and statuskwoh to add these to the Tribunal FAQs but we would love to discuss them here first.

1) What's the point of having a language filter if I can get banned for 'adult' language?
a) We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players.

2) I only have 1 bad game in my Tribunal Reform Card, why am I banned???
a) The Tribunal verdict is not based on a 'majority' rule; there is also no requirement that all games have to be toxic for it to warrant a suspension. Depending on the case, sometimes 1 game is all that is needed to show that the player deserves a suspension. To Tribunal reviewers, decisions like these are up to you. When you view a Tribunal case, the questions you should ask yourselves are, "Is this player's behavior appropriate in League of Legends?" and "Would I want to play with this player?"

3) This player should have been banned, but he was pardoned. The Tribunal is broken!
a) The Tribunal was inspired by 'crowdsourcing' research. When I was still a student, I worked with labs that developed games such as "Foldit" that took advantage of crowdsourcing to find solutions to extremely tricky tasks--when you read this research you truly appreciate how accurate crowdsourcing systems can be. In fact, the Tribunal is far more accurate than traditional Player Support.

However, the Tribunal isn't perfect. The design is based on statistical probability and random sampling and every system like this has outliers. This means that sometimes, a player has an egregious Tribunal case but is still pardoned because he happened to get a lenient set of voters; however, if the player is truly toxic, he actually is re-sent back to the Tribunal in a handful of games and is usually accurately punished in his second visit to the Tribunal.

Because the Tribunal is designed to identify frequency and consistency of toxic behavior, this is why it doesn't take into account the severity of the offense. If a player is extremely toxic he will quickly get banned multiple times by the Tribunal until he is permabanned; in fact, extremely toxic players end up permabanned significantly faster than players who are 'less severe.' In the future, we may want to brainstorm ways to improve on the Tribunal so that it does take into account severity and adjusts punishments accordingly... but we're not there yet.

4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.

5) Low skill players should be banned from the game! The Tribunal should only ban Leavers/AFK and intentional feeders, those are the only types of players that really ruin games!
a) No. Just no. Jerks ruin games. League of Legends is for everyone whether they are 500 Elo or 2500 Elo. It's not a game for jerks.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post34907939
then can riot explain to me this..? I dont remember being verbally harassive

cases

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

alguien me puede decir por q mierda me saca 20 puntos en boncre 4 y cuando gano me da 10 nada mas

Aoshi

02-22-2013

I think this whole system is bs because it's all like politics. All it takes is 2 or more friends playing in the same game that can reconcile with the other team to ban you.

I don't understand how someone can get banned for 9 months lol. You guys are pretty weird and no wonder this game has soo many low skill capped players. What I don't understand either is from level 1-13 (from my experience) I get more leavers, afkers, trolls, and once you hit ranked guess what? You still have leavers, afkers, and trolls.. I thought when I made this first account and I clicked (Expert) I would be gettting paired with people who have a "Common Sense of the Game" But apparently you guys are doing your job with that =). Kudos to you riot.

Second off, I think constructional criticism doesn't make a low skilled player better, if he is lowed skill there is a few reasons for that, want to know what it is? It's because of the fact that they are playing "For Fun" So instead of having beginner, intermediate, and expert skill levels why don't you do something a little more productive like putting people into categories like, "Casual" and "competitive". I know why I get banned a lot and it's because after playing 10+ games and having someone Afk all game or troll the hell out of you, wouldn't you be damned if the 11th game would be the same? I say shame on your part and you have a full team of supporter for tribunal? I laugh at that lol. If they are really a full team (Assuming you've said that Lyte) why don't you start impling something like, "OH **** I should probably watch this replay to see who's at fault". But I forgot you guys are so competent that you've added a replay system.

Thirdly I find this as a joke personally (I don't mind if you older cats saying I am wrong, but personal experience is greater than you're I am a nice guy and it works for me type ordeal). You have this tribunal system where it's like a bureaucracy and most of the people who do the tribunal probably are 1 sided the first thing they see "Oh 2 people on his team reported him, oh 1 person on his team reported this guy" and you automatically click "punish" I find this system really faulty because you fail to see the points where someone can instigate the situation and he doesn't even get punished. Calling someone a stupid Br isn't racist fyi and people should grow a pair and stop getting butthurt over truthful statements. If someone is a RACE whether it's Jewish, American, Brazilian, African, etc and they are playing stupid, making terrible decisions, and or feeding they have every right to be called a stupid or fing retarded *Insert race here* without it being a RACIST statement. Well there's my rant. I hope in the near future you guy can actually put up for a tribunal case the REPLAY of the GAME and see BOTH SIDES. No wonder most these kids are scared to play Dota 2, simply because they got told they are terrible at playing a game, Cry, and log onto league where if someone dares to call them a **** or bastard they can simply troll and report the game knowing a person will get banned. Good logic right?