Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrostAnarchy

02-01-2013

say your in a game with people who are "being toxic" as riot like to put it, its 5 min in and 3 of your team are standing at base talking,

now clearly they are not trying, so why do i get banned for giving up thinking clearly this games over and if they dont try why should i? were going to lose.

also please enlighten me on the rules of surrender, mr noob xin in top lane has fed 0-30 by the 15min mark id like to surrender and he toxicly declines, am i nbot allowed to actually surrender unless i have the consent of a toxic troll?

Xtreme2252

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I always assumed the tribunal works like any other site, and took that one tip to mean that you should never swear even if it's not verbally abuse, but I am glad after reading this since whenever I do see people swear it is verbal abuse in most cases but it's okay to swear and not verbal abuse. Granted, I don't swear much anyways, but considering I watch stuff like Azuritereaction and Two Best Friends I clearly have nothing wrong with it.

Big O and Dukes

02-02-2013

Quote:
5) Low skill players should be banned from the game! The Tribunal should only ban Leavers/AFK and intentional feeders, those are the only types of players that really ruin games!
a) No. Just no. Jerks ruin games. League of Legends is for everyone whether they are 500 Elo or 2500 Elo. It's not a game for jerks.
One day, Lyte, you are going to have to answer for statements like this one. Your "toxicity" has ruined this game for an unbelievable amount of people. I can only hope the punishment you receive is just as over the top as the ones you have happily doled out to people who's only problem is anger issues and bad attitudes.

This problem, of course, is quickly solved through use of the mute button. Your whiny declaration that that "doesn't matter, or change the rules!" is exasperating to say the least.

Karma comes around. I suspect it will come worse for you than it will for your supporters on these forums.

RQ Kiwi

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O and Dukes View Post
One day, Lyte, you are going to have to answer for statements like this one. Your "toxicity" has ruined this game for an unbelievable amount of people. I can only hope the punishment you receive is just as over the top as the ones you have happily doled out to people who's only problem is anger issues and bad attitudes.

This problem, of course, is quickly solved through use of the mute button. Your whiny declaration that that "doesn't matter, or change the rules!" is exasperating to say the least.

Karma comes around. I suspect it will come worse for you than it will for your supporters on these forums.
I'm going to keep saying it until you come up with a counter argument that actually makes me question myself. I can't see that happening anytime soon, so.

If players are driven to using the mute function, they've already created a toxic environment. Why should they be allowed to create toxic environments with no consequence? Players don't just forget things they've read just because they've used the mute function.

If you let people get away with belittling players on their team, then you're going to create a much more toxic environment than the one you say Lyte is creating.

Also, the only karma coming around is to those you defend. They were jerks and ruined the game for those players who want to chill out and play a nice game, so karma comes around for them and removes them from the game.

Big O and Dukes

02-04-2013

Why don't you and Lyte just get a room already?

I have responded to this in every thread you have posted it in. NOBODY IS SAYING NO CONSEQUENCES. NO ONE.

But the permanent destruction of players accounts for this verbal conduct, which has the option of being attacked from different angles, such as grown up players who can quickly press the mute button if somebody says something they don't approve of in chat, is absolutely unacceptable and cannot be tolerated by any of us. That is what has driven me to defend "jerks", as I have said in much longer posts in other threads responses to you. I will continue to do this vocally; in addition, I will continue to assault the truly toxic among us. People like Lyte.

Lyte, you are personally responsible for, i'm sure, thousands of player account suspensions, maybe tens of thousands. Continue to pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you have made this game and the world a better place. One day in the future, i think you are going to pay for what you have done.

Riverstyx201

02-04-2013

Quote:

I have responded to this in every thread you have posted it in. NOBODY IS SAYING NO CONSEQUENCES. NO ONE.

But the permanent destruction of players accounts for this verbal conduct, which has the option of being attacked from different angles, such as grown up players who can quickly press the mute button if somebody says something they don't approve of in chat, is absolutely unacceptable and cannot be tolerated by any of us. That is what has driven me to defend "jerks", as I have said in much longer posts in other threads responses to you. I will continue to do this vocally; in addition, I will continue to assault the truly toxic among us. People like Lyte.

Lyte, you are personally responsible for, i'm sure, thousands of player account suspensions, maybe tens of thousands. Continue to pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you have made this game and the world a better place. One day in the future, i think you are going to pay for what you have done.
By the time you reach the perma-ban point, you have already been warned at least once and time-banned at least three times. That's more than enough chances; there has to be a cut-off point somewhere when it's obvious that the person isn't going to/doesn't want to learn self-control. The VAST majority of the community does not want to deal with players who are just going to rage every game, sabotage games by refusing to communicate, and generally be examples of why this community has the reputation it does.

The Mute button is, at best, a patch-fix, and not even a very good one, and definitely not a license to act like a complete jerk the whole time. In a game where teamwork is vital, not being able to communicate with everyone properly can sabotage your team just as much as an afker or feeder.

In fact, the community's terrible reputation is exactly why I was extremely reluctant to try the game in the first place myself. I had a pretty large group of college friends all trying to convince me to try it before i finally gave in. I'm glad they managed to convince me because I love the game, but it'd be exponentially better without toxic players driving away good players and potential new players.

How many other potential players do you think have the same mindset I did? Players that want to try the game, but are reluctant because of the community's god-awful reputation? That's why Riot needs to get rid of these sorts of players, because the problem will grow out of control and drive away legitimate players if they don't. I've seen other games, both F2P and P2P where the game has literally been completely destroyed from the inside out by a toxic community. The end result isn't pretty.

RQ Kiwi

02-04-2013

Quote:

My apologies for wanting to spread accurate information.

I've actually never seen you reply to my post whenever I have said that. Perhaps I missed it whilst sleeping.

Regardless, I respect your opinion that you don't believe players should be permanently banned. That's fine, I disagree, but whatever, you're entitled to your opinion.

However, in your previous post, you didn't make that clear at all. In fact, in many of your posts, you make it sound like you think players should not be banned at all for verbal abuse. I can see now, from rereading your post carefully, that it can be read as saying that permanent bans are over the top. You just need to make that clear if that's the opinion you're trying to convey.

Asukie

02-05-2013

LoL this system is flawed and riot knows it they had to send wookiecookie to "prove" that my case was justified lol..... even thou i said nothing but "gg" and "gank top" ..... and in what i got reported for it said "cussing all game".... The system can be cheated... I've seen forums where they ask a sh!t ton of people to get on at a certain time and all hit pardon or ban depending on how they feel... i guess i was at that time when they were doing the bans

Saint Latona

02-05-2013

Quote:

Something tells me that this guy wasn't around during the old days of Pendragon smites. He was way more harsh in handing out permabans than Lyte was.

spitterkat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is actually pretty rare. The fact you think it's frequent is due to cognitive biases. For example, humans tend to remember negative events far more vividly than positive events. Secondly, if you already believe that an event like this happens super frequently, you are more likely to remember it when it does happen--even if it's rare.

I know exactly how many times games like these happen. If you want, let's do an exercise: how many times in your past 10 games do you think this has happened?
this happens to me about 5 out of 10 games, its that frequent, if you know exactly! how many times it happens, ban the other guy who screws it up!