Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orthophenyl

11-25-2012

Please take a look at my case again :/
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5978224/#nogo

roukken

11-26-2012

Lyte since this thread is understanding the tribunal I would like to understand what is the rating for, how does the ranked in tribunal work and if there is a rank in it why isn't there a ladder, I hope it doesn't sound rude I am not very good at expressing myself but im practicing it :3

RoboCox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

So my buddy got a warning for saying and I quote "GG someone went AFK"

how did he get a guilty verdict, this system is flawed!

Doesn't it seem weird that the same trolls that are getting reported are helping decide other peoples in game fate...

FakeDota

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

@ lyte, isnt retaliation vs reaction a fine line. If I am punching you in the face over and over again, you should not retaliate since retaliation is wrong? Cause words are like fists and when someone punches you enough times you react, you do not retaliate, just saying.

Sharkb8

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeDota View Post
@ lyte, isnt retaliation vs reaction a fine line. If I am punching you in the face over and over again, you should not retaliate since retaliation is wrong? Cause words are like fists and when someone punches you enough times you react, you do not retaliate, just saying.
Welcome back Troll...

PentakilTristana

11-30-2012

Interesting

Grandis

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallabatorix View Post
i have to disagree with you. what ruins the game is people that troll the game. if you mean by jerks the people doing verbal abuse. thats not what ruins the game. from my personal experience what ruins the game is when people intentionally make you lose for whatever reason. it may be that they didnt like what you said or what champion you picked or they wanted middle. verbal abuse is a smaller aspect to what makes the game toxic. in fact i say that most verbal abuse cases are cause by the trolls and you are banned because the trolls get you banned. most trolls say nothing in chat you understand this? you have so many options to deal with verbal abuse but not with trolls. you have ignore button. but if you leave a game because someone pretends they are bad and are intentionally feeding and you can tell. this is what makes the game bad. i can listen to people cuss me out all day. what ruins my experience is trolls. even as you said i will quote this is your main problem.
"Innocent players were very rarely banned, while toxic players more often went unpunished. Because of this, we’ve adjusted the Tribunal algorithms to be less lenient."
Basically you are saying you punished innocent players when they were trolled like i said before by the people that just say nothing. you punish the people getting frustrated. this is a flawed business strategy. i dont know where you received you degree but i am worried you understand nothing about games at all. Games are my life since i was 6 and i am now 24 so i know a little of what i am talking about and the behavior involved in a video game. your game is the only game that advocates trolls and worries more about verbal abuse than people actually ruining the gameplay. focus on getting rid of the trolls then worry about the people that are harassing others. there are options to deal with harassment. i mean its a game after all. if you take what people say seriously from a video game your not in a good place anyway and need to rethink your life.

He doesn't have a degree. Only about 3 members of the Riot staff have a degree of anything, and they are all just low score bachelors. You can find this out on the Riot main website as its public information. Not to mention half of what he has said is already false.

a) You can go do one forum search on the word "Noob" and find hoards of players who are physically admitting on the forums that they WILL and ARE voting punish on players for the use of the word "Noob". Since noob is being banned, so is **** obviously.

b) The Tribunal FAQ itself says that one case is not enough and its majority vote. this defeats the entire purpose of there being a case system, they originally wanted it to function in a queue so players with higher numbers of reported games go before players with lower numbers.

c AND d) Yes, if players who should have been banned are pardoned and players who should not are being banned, then the tribunal is broken. You specifically said retaliation isn't ok but check this out: Player A starts calling player B a ****er. Player B mutes player A. Player A reports player B for "refusal to communicate". Player B gets a ban.
Lyte, do you really want me to tell you how that means this system is broken? Because dear god I would love to explain to you why your system promotes racism, online anonymous hatred, the ideal that being civil gets you no where and worse, that your company has no power to enforce its own rules.

Nutarama

12-05-2012

Two questions:

First, how are punishments decided?

You've said that the Player Support team looks at many cases, but it seems that some players get inappropriately lenient or severe punishments. In cases I've judged, I've found myself wondering if I should punish someone for yelling at his jungler in a manner that might be a bit excessive "Dammit, this Warwick can't jungle to save his life" and "Lost top because of fail jungle" because I'm not sure what punishment I'm approving. A warning would be appropriate in my view, but a 1-week ban would not.

Perhaps you could have multiple punishment buttons like "Send a Warning" and "Ban Player".

Second, why are Tribunal cases sometimes so short?

If it's true that a player has to be reported many times to make it to the Tribunal, why are there cases with only one game with one player reporting the person we are judging? This creates the feeling that we could (potentially) be banning a player for a single infraction, and that just isn't fair. Nobody is perfect all the time.

Please don't let cases hit judgement without at least 3, preferably 5 games to judge on.

Also, could you make pre-game and post-game chat available for judgement?

mohammed Ghazi

12-08-2012

I could pay money to stop this ****, I had banned right now for some reason and I don not know why. If there is any way to resend the reason plz do it, I changed my email I am under 30 lvl and I got banned so funny.

Norwenna

12-08-2012

tribunal is stupid, you can follow summoner rule and be punished