Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

proud2benoob

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeeehawww View Post
Thank you so much Lyte, I'm glad to see you guys pointedly address that toxic behavior, even in retaliation, isn't ok. I've seen so many people thinking otherwise.
Rewarded IP points for this I'm sure.

Resolute Riven

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurbutt View Post
When you just read a chat when you are playing you are choosing to read what i have typed just like you are choosing to read it now. There is no difference. So if what someone is typing is offending you then stop reading what they type. It is that simple. But that is not the point of the tribunal the tribunal is a way for Riot to get away with not doing their job. Plain and simple. You are relying on kids literally kids to decide punishment over other so you dont have to waste funds yourselves. Thats the facts. Its all about the money.
Obviously its about the accuracy of the system. You're one of those kids who has gotten banned recently and is raging on the forums. Please stop being so negative so others of us can enjoy our game. ThankZ!

Resolute Riven

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallabatorix View Post
this happened at least 1 time in my last 10 games.
Epic Fail

Ofermod

11-09-2012

Is it possible to get this thread stickied? I've seen so many people post things that could be answered just by reading some of the things Lyte has posted here.

Elanorien

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
5) Low skill players should be banned from the game! The Tribunal should only ban Leavers/AFK and intentional feeders, those are the only types of players that really ruin games!
a) No. Just no. Jerks ruin games. League of Legends is for everyone whether they are 500 Elo or 2500 Elo. It's not a game for jerks.
This, so much this. Lyte, I so appreciate your and your team's mentality and approach towards toxic attitudes. Brown nosing aside, if I could move to California, I would so apply for a job with player support. You seem like a great group of people to work with/for.

And moving on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofermod View Post
Is it possible to get this thread stickied? I've seen so many people post things that could be answered just by reading some of the things Lyte has posted here.
While I agree this would be a great sticky, sadly, the people who would benefit most from it probably wouldn't read it. It seems the majority of people who come to complain have very little understanding of the system, indicating they've never taken the time to read the great many resources that already exist. But yeah, 2 weeks later and this is the first time I've seen this, haha, so I wouldn't say no to a sticky .

Ofermod

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorien View Post
But yeah, 2 weeks later and this is the first time I've seen this, haha, so I wouldn't say no to a sticky .
I think I only saw this because I got linked to something by Lyte, and then just started searching for him on a Red Tracker whenever I needed clarification. Although I will admit that I only just read the Guide to the Tribunal that *is* stickied, so...

It would mostly just make it easier to find whenever I needed a Lyte-quote to answer someone's post.

Elanorien

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofermod View Post
I think I only saw this because I got linked to something by Lyte, and then just started searching for him on a Red Tracker whenever I needed clarification. Although I will admit that I only just read the Guide to the Tribunal that *is* stickied, so...

It would mostly just make it easier to find whenever I needed a Lyte-quote to answer someone's post.
Yeah, I've taken to bookmarking any useful, quote-able information, lol.

Edit: That being said...it's still a hassle to re-answer the same questions over, and over, and over, lol. So hopefully people DO start reading things like this first XD.

LittleDi

11-24-2012

why isn't this stickied?

Ephemis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

I understand the tribunal has different standards now than it has in the past. I also understand that the new 'higher' standards are going to drop again in the future. Any comments on why you're jerking the player base around like this?

Actually, any honest comments?

rsbattle

11-25-2012

Quote:
1) What's the point of having a language filter if I can get banned for 'adult' language?
a) We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players.
Okay, so what about racism then? What if someone says "damn I n***ered out" or something along those lines? I've seen players banned for racism not directed at anyone in particular, so, why even allow those words to be unfiltered in the first place, if it's still a bannable offense to use those words? Especially since the other player has to have taken his word filter off to even see it in the first place.

Quote:
3) This player should have been banned, but he was pardoned. The Tribunal is broken!

This means that sometimes, a player has an egregious Tribunal case but is still pardoned because he happened to get a lenient set of voters; however, if the player is truly toxic, he actually is re-sent back to the Tribunal in a handful of games and is usually accurately punished in his second visit to the Tribunal.
So what about the opposite way then? They were banned because they had a harsh set of voters?

I see you address the issue of players not being banned, but what about the players who are banned who should have been *"pardoned"?

*I don't really agree with the word "Pardon" for the tribunal anyways, as, it implies the person is guilty, you're just "pardoning" their guilt, so that they won't get punished for their "guilt". There is no way of saying in the tribunal that the player didn't deserve to be there, or were reported falsely.

Quote:
Because the Tribunal is designed to identify frequency and consistency of toxic behavior, this is why it doesn't take into account the severity of the offense. If a player is extremely toxic he will quickly get banned multiple times by the Tribunal until he is permabanned; in fact, extremely toxic players end up permabanned significantly faster than players who are 'less severe.' In the future, we may want to brainstorm ways to improve on the Tribunal so that it does take into account severity and adjusts punishments accordingly... but we're not there yet.
IMO It's highly doubtful you'll ever be there.