Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TemperedMystic

10-27-2012

My first post on the forums, and a little constructive feedback for Riot:

Could you make some kind of "Tribunal" button at the top of your main webpage? It's a small gripe, to be sure, but it could improve the number of people participating. I don't usually go past the League of Legends homepage for news and current events going on, so it was quite some time before I discovered the "Tribunal" link at the bottom of the website. I didn't know about the old system -at all- until it was on the way out, but it doesn't really matter since I enjoy the new system you've rolled out.
Edit: I now see "The Tribunal" in the "Game Info" drop-down button, but I still maintain that it should be more visible.

On the subject of rewards:
I'm one of those people that just enjoys helping out and improving the community. It doesn't take long to judge cases most of the time and your "Justice Rating" system and all the things it's keeping track of makes me smile, but I would honestly do it anyway just because of the satisfaction of helping out. That being said, I can understand why some people might want some recognition, this is a very competitive game and giving something a "rating" can make it a contest for some. I agree with the people who have suggested things like badges, icons, or borders for appropriate rewards. For me, it would invoke the same feeling I get when helping out with the Tribunal, a small smile, knowing what I do not only matters, but is appreciated. Not just by Riot, but by the other people who also want to make a difference in this community.

Just my two cents. I hope this experiment runs smoothly for you guys!

GAVE HIM THE D

10-27-2012

Lyte, please review my cases.

No system is perfect, but I believe you guys found the wrong guy guilty.

I have many players in the community that have agreed it was an unjust ban.

Please review.

Case attached.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2715291

meadow

10-27-2012

Very interesting...

Vetpath

10-27-2012

Hi Lyte (gad how many times have you heard that bad pun?),

I checked out the justice reviews, which are a pretty neat addition. I clicked on a couple of cases in which i was the minority to review and have a small problem with it. The main issue is that I can not see what the original issue for which the recipient was reported. Now I know that we review the entire case and decide not just based on the report issue but the entire game/other games. But in two cases I still did not see why the offender was found guilty. I would just like to be reminded of why the offender was reported. This could also help me shape how I judge future cases.

I also read the comment about including video replays and agree that it would be cumbersome. However, I can see one instance where it would be invaluable: feeding. Sometimes it is pretty obvious what the person has done i.e. had a bad game vs all wards in inventory or "I am feeding" in chat log. But sometimes someone decides to feed, especially late game where he/she has a good build without saying anything. In that case you really can only decide based on other comments and that is very difficult.

Oh, just since I am asking questions, when I judge a case and the offender has 2-5 cases, am I just judging the one case or all of them?

Just my $0.02

GON the Mage Guy

10-27-2012

I always find Tribunal stats, the psychology and inner workings fascinating. Lyte, your posts are almost always an interesting read and I appreciate the work you and your team put in for stuff like this.

EDIT: Neat. I get a downvote for finding something interesting and saying good job. Apparently praise = zealotry and melodrama = the people's champions.

SimplyAlive

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleorfeed View Post
would prefer a 10-0 ****** to a 0-10 friendly guy
Unfair comparion.

Choose either:
-10/0 friendly or unfriendly
-0/10 friendly or unfriendly

You basically imply that players who treat each other with respect are worse than players who have to insult others. Bad idea.

Gribblez

10-27-2012

Lyte,

Is there going to be a way for us to call attention to tribunal cases? Like for instance, cases where we feel there is no evidence to support a punishment, yet was found by majority to be punished and vice versa? Over last couple days since this came out I have been watching the results and there is a few cases in which people are either pardoned or punished when it really seems like they shouldnt have been.

OxfordKiller

10-27-2012

Yes keep down voting the guy (Xander) who is destroying you. You must be one of those people who are report happy because they can't handle a little internet beat down. Or else, Lyte must be giving free IP to those who side with him or support the tribunal on the forums.

OxfordKiller

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
I always find Tribunal stats, the psychology and inner workings fascinating. Lyte, your posts are almost always an interesting read and I appreciate the work you and your team put in for stuff like this.

EDIT: Neat. I get a downvote for finding something interesting and saying good job. Apparently praise = zealotry and melodrama = the people's champions.
Nerd Psychology is something he knows nothing about. Let's not forget the classic 26% line. Statistics...right!

SimplyAlive

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxfordKiller View Post
Nerd Psychology is something he knows nothing about. Let's not forget the classic 26% line. Statistics...right!
Or perhaps because people have to reach a certain threshold of reports to end up in the Tribunal, which might be close to being reported in 26% of your matches at this point in time.

There can be explanations to the repeated use of the 26%, although I have also seen 21% and some others flying around.