Friendly reminder not to engage trolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UltimaGalaxy

2 Days Ago

Threads are getting derailed, and it's not because of trolls. It's because of the people who feed them. If you see a post from an obvious butthurt troll, downvote and ignore. Do not engage. One post of garbage becomes pages of garbage if you do so.

Understand that you won't get through to them, no matter how well thought out you arguments are. That's all I'm asking of the regulars here.

Sammander

2 Days Ago

Sometimes it's really hard to tell the difference between a troll thread and a thread of genuine stupidity

Jubbinaut

2 Days Ago

I have to disagree. Engaging trolls is an important part of keeping them contained. Part of what bothered me so much with that dude was that he was spreading out to basically everywhere.

My concern, though, is similar: He was engaged everywhere. So he kept going in each of those threads. And that was actually worse than leaving him alone, I think. Picking one spot and engaging him there (in a more rational way, perhaps - I only rarely agree with fighting fire with fire) would have enabled us to keep him from derailing or disrupting too many other threads.

CoontFoocker

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubbinaut View Post
I have to disagree. Engaging trolls is an important part of keeping them contained. Part of what bothered me so much with that dude was that he was spreading out to basically everywhere.

My concern, though, is similar: He was engaged everywhere. So he kept going in each of those threads. And that was actually worse than leaving him alone, I think. Picking one spot and engaging him there (in a more rational way, perhaps - I only rarely agree with fighting fire with fire) would have enabled us to keep him from derailing or disrupting too many other threads.
Lol this guy thinks he's rational. How cute.

Jubbinaut

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoontFoocker View Post
I appreciate how you insult me in this thread and apologize to me about your earlier insults in your very next post. It's kind of amusing.

Just to be clear:
Quote:
I won't spam this thread with anymore quotes. My OP about the toxicity of the downvoting and all is just filled with utter insults and hatred far worse than this. You showed the insults from a very one-sided light. But regardless, none of the insults were from you. You and a couple of the downvote trolls share the same summoner icon and don't have very memorable summoner names. My apologies.
This was posted some 20 minutes after the one I'm responding to, here. Both were directed at me.

It's not hard to figure out, dude. I'm the only regular that posts here with a J in my name.

And I still haven't insulted you.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Wow... I guess having all those posts deleted wasn't warning enough?

powerbats

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulanopo View Post
Wow... I guess having all those posts deleted wasn't warning enough?

Some people like running into brick walls and will keep doing it until they get knocked unconscious or get Wookied.

CoontFoocker

2 Days Ago

Quote:
I appreciate how you insult me in this thread and apologize to me about your earlier insults in your very next post. It's kind of amusing.

Just to be clear:

This was posted some 20 minutes after the one I'm responding to, here. Both were directed at me.

It's not hard to figure out, dude. I'm the only regular that posts here with a J in my name.

And I still haven't insulted you.
Quote:
Engaging trolls is an important part of keeping them contained. Part of what bothered me so much with that dude was that he was spreading out to basically everywhere.
Of course not. You insult nobody. Personally to them anyway; only on the threads that are made for the downvote club.

CoontFoocker

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbats View Post
Some people like running into brick walls and will keep doing it until they get knocked unconscious or get Wookied.
Not hard to tell that you speak from experience.

Jubbinaut

2 Days Ago

Quote:
Of course not. You insult nobody. Personally to them anyway; only on the threads that are made for the downvote club.
OP referred to engaging trolls. I explained my thoughts on the matter, and then moved on to speak specifically about what brought about his post.

You seem to infer a lot of things from my posts. Here's something I'll say outright to you:

Maybe you should stop and ask yourself why you're so quick to take offense to things that haven't actually been said. It might help you to be better capable of future social interaction, which can only be a good thing in the long run.