@Lyte Ban inquiry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ahopaho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

1 Week Ago

I was just wondering what exactly I did wrong to deserve a 2 week ban without warning or chat restriction. I received the same blanket email that I believe is going around to everyone who gets bannned. I want to know the reason so that I can better myself and prevent future bans on my account. I gave an example of the email below, I wish I would've received something more detailed. Thanks for the help and info in advance!

"Greetings xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Actions that have been performed on your account are in violation of the League of Legends Terms of Use. You can review these terms at http://www.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse

Due to the severity of this violation, your League of Legends account has been banned until Mon Oct 06 08:31:49 PDT 2014

If you have any questions, contact our Player Support team at https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

Riot Games Player Support"

redcomet4

1 Week Ago

The best way is to send in a support ticket and ask for you chat logs. If it is not related to chat logs the ask them in a clear and concise manner as to why were you banned.

ahopaho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

1 Week Ago

Thanks redcomet4 for the input i'll definitely do that. I wish the email reports had details, but I guess Riot has a lot on their hands already.

Jubbinaut

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahopaho View Post
Thanks recomet4 for the input i'll definitely do that. I wish the email reports had details, but I guess Riot has a lot on their hands already.
Once upon a time, the email relating to toxicity punishments issued by the Tribunal included a link to what was termed a Reform Card. Unfortunately, the system that formulated these cards was a part of the Tribunal, so when that was taken down, this system went with it.

Which means that, until it returns, all logs and such that are sent to players must be manually compiled. Which makes it prohibitively complex to add them to the initial emails. They're pretty good about sending responses to Support tickets, but it takes longer than anyone would really like - including the Support personnel that handle them.

ahopaho

1 Week Ago

Ouch. That sounds like such a pain for them. I didn't know there was a such thing as a reform card since this was the first time that I was banned. That makes sense though, It would be such a long process to customize the emails sent out since they have to deal with so many. I submitted a ticket so now im just playing the waiting game. Thanks for clearing that up!

ahopaho

1 Week Ago

I received an answer via a support ticket. I would appreciate it if this thread could be locked and/or deleted. Thanks!

Jubbinaut

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahopaho View Post
I received an answer via a support ticket. I would appreciate it if this thread could be locked and/or deleted. Thanks!
Not much we can do for that, but if we just let it sit, it'll fall away.

By the way, I wanted to say, I appreciate the way you've approached this, particularly in your communications with us. And your name makes me giggle when I say it to myself.

ahopaho

6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubbinaut View Post
Not much we can do for that, but if we just let it sit, it'll fall away.

By the way, I wanted to say, I appreciate the way you've approached this, particularly in your communications with us. And your name makes me giggle when I say it to myself.

Thanks for the appreciation! I feel as if it is my responsibility to approach this circumstance with respect and kindness for everyone involved. We are all humman, and all of us do make mistakes. If someone gets banned 99% of the time it is because of something that they have done whether knowingly or unknowingly. The way I see it, it doesn't do any good to antagonize or blame others for my mistakes. I also believe that we should have common courtesy towards those who have to handle our cases. I've seen that you are an active member of the community and I wish you the best of luck with all the people out there that you meet. You seem like a nice person and I wish we could've met some other way! Good luck and I hope to see you around on the Summoner's Rift someday.

ps. I get that a lot about my name