Elise, the Spider Queen, Now Available!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolféran Maximus

10-26-2012

She is great!

WRLRD Strife

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryale View Post
Quelaag is angry.
Ah yeah Dark Souls reference.

Noturu

10-26-2012

somehow i just saw a spider queen coming before it came. idk how just did.

DeathlyMonkey

10-26-2012

Lol she has like three voidlings UNSTOPABLE POWER!!!

godmode rum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

This champ is fu.ck****, rebalance her ****.

JSPark13258

10-27-2012

So, instabought Elise and had some initial comments.
Pros
-Epic login music/story
-2 hp nukes gained through just 1 skillpoint (toggle R and Q)
-The fact that rappel has no damage, meaning if you're really low on health, you can hop over a jungle wall to a creep camp and juke without taking any aggro.
-1.5 second stun
-Massive attack speed steroid (deciding whether maxing frenzy or toxin is better. frenzy gives better sustained damage but as a jungler you usually want the hard nuke or cc.)
-Slightly faster than most other casters when in spider form. (spd=395 or so, compared to the typical 370-80).
-Spiderlings follow targets. It feels amazing when you set a spider like a mine and it starts chasing a champ. Great way to buy time to run. Also, I noticed that the spiderling, if it finds a minion and then a champion second, will switch targets and run for the champ. Great way to set traps and/or chase targets. It's also her most reliable nuke by far because of the awesome ap ratios. (I think it's around .8 or .9?)

Cons.
-Cocoon has zero damage. As you level it, it's cd lowers but its stun does not get any longer. Assuming you max E last, you're stuck with generally zero boost to your damage output between level 13-18 (minus the ult/added spiderling), making Elise fall out really quickly late game. I recommend even a small base damage with a really low ap ratio. Compare the stun to other similar skills like Morg's or Lux's binding. Veig's has no damage but it's an AoE spell that can potentially trap an entire team for 2.5 seconds. Morg's binds for 2.5 seconds as well if I'm correct, and has a huge nuke with good ap ratios as well. Lux can bind 2 people. Brand stuns for 2 seconds and assuming you've been hit before, his skillshot isn't all that different from Elise. Annie stuns for 1.5 seconds, but can do it every 4 hits and can group stun through her W and R. Seeing all this hard cc, I feel like she deserves even a slight base damage on her E, or at least an extension on that stun so it's not just for 1.5 seconds. The animation is slow and fairly easy to dodge as well.
-Or, would it be possible for her spiderling to have a 20-30% slow? Jungling as Elise, it feels like taking an exhaust is almost mandatory because unless you land cocoon and have rappel to exit/close gap, it feels like she doesn't have any options. It's also true of common junglers like amumu, but he has an AoE snare that basically guarantees a kill after lvl 6.
-She also has a really low bonus for her ultimate. What I mean by that is that in spider form, she gains extra armor and magic resist. It's really useful early game during jungling, but 20-30 armor and mr is really kind of ineffective late game. She doesn't have the escape, since most people will use rappel to enter/kill, and considering that her health isn't as high as other assassins (Garen, Rengar) and she isn't as guaranteed an escape (like Kha's ult), she needs either more cc or more durability.
-Lastly, her heal from frenzy seems really low. Even when I build 350-400 ap mid game, I find that I can only heal for 4(+7-8) health per hit on a skill that lasts 3 seconds. Considering her spiderlings (assuming she has four by mid game), she hits 10 times, two for herself and eight for her spiders. That's only 120 health, even less than one red potion.... I know that it was meant to help in jungle sustain, but it almost seems irrelevant.

If my reasoning/math is flawed, please let me know. These are just basic opinions I had of her playing my first 5 games. I've yet to grow used to her skillset so this isn't definite and I realize that giving her everything I asked for would be far too large a buff, but please consider some of these ideas when/if you rebalance her.

Paelidore

10-27-2012

I demand a Pennywise themed Spider Queen (From Stephen King's IT)

CaptaynePetras

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by denied4 View Post
why does jacye and this spider lady have they ults at lvl 1 but nidalee doesnt? i understand nidalee came into the game a long time before both this new chac and jacye but still.... not fair for the poor kitty!
completely agree on this one, seemsl ike the kitty is getting more and more obsolete! =/

ToxicAlphaWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

lol riot u are fking lazy you cant come up with champs on your own u always have to take them from other games that came out before you this new champ u made is so under powered and you took her from http://riseofimmortals.com/immortals/azcadelia/ that game and ever body who plays league just playing and giving tihs lazy ppl your money and start playing other games that take some real skills to play

Destructorrob

10-27-2012

The next champ should REALY be a TANK the last was nautilus a couple months ago.