No oracles? No wards? WTF?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sythalin

10-26-2012

Although I like the changes to the map itself, there was one fundamental flaw that someone really should be fired for - no wards or oracles. The extract is **** at 250g, a timed duration and lost upon death. A team of stealth can finally be happy - you have a map you can dominate with little challenge.

Teemo + Eve + Twitch = RETARDEDLY OP

Why?

1) You cannot detect mushrooms outside of a bush, even if you ward the bush and have oracles. You have to physically ENTER the bush in order for them to appear. The bushes are so ridiculously small in this version that you have 2 choices: enter the bush and watch your health drop 20-50% on AP Teemo or avoid the bushes all together and pray you don't get ganked

2) Twitch is manageable - if you can see him coming before he stealths. Guess what items were removed that allowed you to do this?

3) Eve is pretty self explanatory. She can freely roam the map with nothing to stop her. Extract is literally useless against her since she already becomes visible at a farther range on her own. Same as Twitch, if are smart enough to ward you can counter. At this point, there is no counter.

I really hope that someone wakes up and at leasts puts wards back in. Oracles can be lived without, albeit expensively with repeat purchases of extracts every time you die. But at the least wards are needed or there are going to be a whole new set of champs that are going to become ridiculously OP. It's rapidly going from one extreme (Trynd, bruisers, Trynd, AS/AD, Trynd) to another (anything involving sneaking and stealth).

stcZazz

10-26-2012

Oracle's Extract

Tier : Consumable
Effects : Grants your champion stealth detection for 5 minutes or until they die.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Oracle's_Extract

DrenRawr

10-26-2012

there is a ward like mist item you can use ever 60 sec

Sythalin

10-26-2012

Covered it in the first part. Stick said 3 stealthies in one bush. I assure you that the 250g extract will do squat to help you on the ambush without a ward warning you ahead of time that they moved there. It becomes a waste of gold.

Sythalin

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxZombieBitsxx View Post
there is a ward like mist item you can use ever 60 sec
If I recall correctly you have to hit them first. I may be remembering wrong; feel free to correct me or it's something new that I missed.

MrOldSport

10-26-2012

I agree

Bassmann

10-26-2012

shaco, hiemer, kogmaw, zyra, ashe, Nidalee, caitlyn, maokai, teemo. Im sure there are more. Is it that hard to squeeze one of those in your team and maybe a sweeper or other mist vision item (if you REALLY need wards to anticipate ganks)?

Vinyl Skratch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythalin View Post
If I recall correctly you have to hit them first. I may be remembering wrong; feel free to correct me or it's something new that I missed.
Grez's Spectral Lantern or whatever it was that replaced Wriggle's Lantern. It was called Soullight Lantern on the PBE and it has a ranged mist that can't be destroyed. Basically it's Corki's bomb in an item. The range is fairly nice too, so there is no way they can exactly rip you up if you do it max range, unless your team lets them annihilate you.

The current concept of TT is nice especially given the no wards. Since it's a small map and honestly, six wards would enable you absolute dominance in terms of map control which is very unfair. I quite like it over the old one. And the old one I did back in 2010 primarily when I started, there was a lot wrong with it, granted there is a lot wrong with this new one: None purchasable wards are not a problem whatsoever.