The new Twisted Treeline - How to improve?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Relytmai

10-26-2012

Ok let me start off by saying as a whole I don't mind playing on the new Twisted Treeline but I did enjoy the original more then the current map. Below is some of my opinions and feedback on what could be done with the new map in order to improve it. (If you don't want to read each one just read what's in the brackets for my suggestion)

- Altars. I would like to understand the reasoning and thought process behind why these were implemented in a map that is supposed to mirror Summoners Rift in a 3 v 3 form. I believe that adjusting how these work is not the solution, removing them is. It just detracts from the control of neutral monsters and Vilemaw, while adding an unncessary distraction from the usual goals. (Remove Altars)

- Speaking of Vilemaw in its current state it is just not an objective at all. It deals an insane amount of damage, gives little gold and a very short duration buff. It generally will take 2 - 3 people to take it down, which you wouldn't do unless the enemy team was down as you risk it being stolen or being killed yourself, in which 99% of the time you are much better off pushing lanes and towers. (Tone down damage of Vilemaw, increase gold and buff duration)

- No wards. When I first heard this I didn't believe it but I was optimistic going into my first few games on the new map. It is just horrible. I understand that wards could be considered "OP" on such a small map but was that really an issue in the original Twisted Treeline? Don't get me wrong the new lantern vision is nice but it fails in comparison to a ward. Even if ward pricing has to be increased make it so! (Bring back wards and increase the gold cost)

- The speed buff in the middle of the map is also unnecessary. Was red buff really that hated? Did people complain that much? From what I knew of the old TT the main issue was turtling, which has been fixed in this map well done, not that red buff was OP or should not be included in TT. (Remove the central speed buff, even replace it with good old red buff!)

- The way in which a jungler or other lane can enter the lane to gank I find to be a little ridiculous. It is possible to go through the jungle and come out directly next to the enemy turret behind the enemy champion and unless they have a jungler or someone like teemo they will not see it coming. That is if you are anywhere near the middle of your lane ganking is insanely easy. I understand that there was a similar setup in the old TT but it was not easy to get to that entry point and there was wards to counter it. (Bring back wards or change the way each lane can be entered)

As you might be able to tell from what I have described above is that my ideal map would be the original TT with the base setup of the new TT to eliminate turtling. What it really comes down to is TT is supposed to be a 3v3 version of Summoners Rift and in its current state it is not. If you agree/disagree with any of my points or have something to add please do!

Harpud

10-26-2012

you just ruined the map, bring the old treeline back or make it a separate game mode, really disappointed.

Joe Krake

10-26-2012

Bring back wards and ditch the alters and I feel the map has improved ten fold.