New TT is a breath of fresh air

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Khazix KR

10-25-2012

Am I the only one who finds the new TT a fresh start in the right direction for ranked 3's in competitive play, or at least a little more recognition in the community? If not still well done Riot I've been enjoying myself with it thus far.

Embargo

10-25-2012

Yes, There are not others, You are alone. perhaps you should see a doctor.

Mr Mystical

10-25-2012

I with you dude ...it's an awesome map! I don't miss the old TT at all ...never did care for it.

TamOcello

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embargo View Post
Yes, There are not others, You are alone. perhaps you should see a doctor.
I like it. GG, no re.

Best Khazix KR

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mystical View Post
I with you dude ...it's an awesome map! I don't miss the old TT at all ...never did care for it.
I actually played a lot of the old TT in ranked but I had no drive to get any better just because the games main focus was on 5s ranked. Hopefully now we can actually have some 3's action in the limelight.

fiddlesticksssss

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG Trhoades View Post
I actually played a lot of the old TT in ranked but I had no drive to get any better just because the games main focus was on 5s ranked. Hopefully now we can actually have some 3's action in the limelight.
Here is a problem why Shadow Isles won't be even close to as competitive as old TT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksiren View Post
I strongly disagree. Many of the new TT changes create less competitive/strategic gameplay, namely in the form of lack of wards and layout changes for Vilemaw and mid jungle.

I don't understand how some players think that lack of vision (wards) = a more aggressive map. The lack of vision promotes defensive laning -- any competitive player knows not to take unnecessary risks. When you watch pro matches do they forgo wards? No. They buy absurd amounts and for good reason. Simple put: unskilled gambles = unskilled gameplay, which by extension = less competitive map.

I'm not going to get too in depth with the layout changes here so I'll just touch on a few points. As mentioned earlier by me in the OP, the lack of jungling near Vilemaw creates less strategic juking/guessing when he is being fought by any enemy team. Since there is only one entrance on each side to the monster objective he will only be realistically contested in 1 scenario: after a dominant team fight. This takes even more away from junglers as this is the only monster buff on the map. The lack of routes mid map also create less diverse gameplay.

These two points alone (tentatively) create a much less competitive setting. With the removal of many of the strategic decisions and options available for players matches seem to be very derivative even at these early stages of the map testing. Tactics seem to be few and straightforward.
Some things need to be changed for it to be competitive at all. Old TT takes more strategy than this map and it only had 1 tournament many ages ago, before season 1 even released.

Judas Priest

10-25-2012

Yeah, the starting game of this new map is way better than the start from the old one.

KnownAsRise

10-25-2012

This map is a good one, but I would also prefer it if they would bring back the old one for a seperate map as well Just for all us old timers who would prefer to change it up every now and then. Other then that I've been having lots of fun on this new tt

Oodalolly

10-25-2012

Quote:
This map is a good one, but I would also prefer it if they would bring back the old one for a seperate map as well Just for all us old timers who would prefer to change it up every now and then. Other then that I've been having lots of fun on this new tt
I agree. I love the new TT tho. So much fun

Findoglorian

10-25-2012

I have prettymuch only played TT since I started playing, never much liked SR, the only reason it never saw much competitive play is because you had to have a full premade team... yes a rebalance of jungle layout would have been nice (namely the fact that the Wolf/Wraith camps were inconsistent), but removing wards? all that does is give Teemo MORE of an advantage, and encourage MORE tanky damage play... also the new items are all strong, but you have to have a s*** ton of gold to build anything, and you cant ever farm without being ganked (again wards) so the passive from having one of the shrines is useless, and whoever can control both starting at lvl1 just continues to win teamfighs all game. This is not an improvement, yes it is more agressive... if you want that go play Dominion (or Call of Duty). As for making matches "shorter..." why? Also they aren't shorter (Just had one get to 40 min before any turrets were pushed).