Top laners still dominate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slifar

10-25-2012

Alright, so, I could just go out on a long rant, but I'm gonna hope that most people understand this if I say this basically

Top laners, or rather, champions with innate sustain, are currently WAY to strong.

The problem is simple: Those champs who frequently heal themselves for large amounts, such as Swain, Olaf, and Jax, still have their heals unaltered in TT. However, as we all know, these heals were balanced around FIVE players on a team, not 3. As it stands, these champions heal WAY too much to reasonably take down in decent times. In fact, trying to effectively loses many teamfights, particularly as many ALSO get pretty big health pools.

Couple this with the fact that many of them ALSO do a lot of damage, such as Olaf and Jax, and, well.... You've really not got a lot of options in champ selection if you don't wanna get stomped.

It's really annoying and saddening, and those items they released that do % health damage have almost a negligible effect in countering these people, or any tanky person really

Wheatly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

vlad is sad

Axiom Prime

10-25-2012

The big tanky items were removed, i.e. Olaf can no longer get Atmogs and face stop. He can't get a Wriggles lantern at the bat and face stomp...if you're having problems with any of those champs honestly it sounds like you've gotten into a bunch of random games and your team thinks OMG LOOK THEY ARE TANKY WE CANT KILL THEM FOCUS EVERYONE ELSE! In reality you should probably be focusing them as they dont have most of the tanky items that gave them so much sustain anymore.

Slifar

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasX87 View Post
The big tanky items were removed, i.e. Olaf can no longer get Atmogs and face stop. He can't get a Wriggles lantern at the bat and face stomp...if you're having problems with any of those champs honestly it sounds like you've gotten into a bunch of random games and your team thinks OMG LOOK THEY ARE TANKY WE CANT KILL THEM FOCUS EVERYONE ELSE! In reality you should probably be focusing them as they dont have most of the tanky items that gave them so much sustain anymore.
Yeah, Jax still regularly heals AT LEAST 30 health every AA, and I've seen it go much higher for empowered attacks. Since Jax has fast AA speed, he heals very quickly. And Olaf still heals so fast it is completely ridiculous.

Also, the big tanky items were removed, yes, but it doesn't really take a lot when there's only three other people. Plus, there's still a lot of powerful tank stuff in there... Like Frozen Mallet, for example. Tank isnt hard in TT

Plus, think for a moment. He still takes FOREVER to kill. You do not take forever to kill. He has two other teammates, meaning that THEY are also attacking you at the same time. So, since he takes much longer to kill then the people in your team, you are going to lose. UNLESS, you ALSO play this kind of champion, in which case, well, we're back to the whole "limited champion selection" thing.

The 50% regeneration/healing debuff items do help.... But they still generally take longer to kill than you do even with the debuff.

If they take longer to kill than you do, and STILL do close to the same, IF NOT MORE, damage as you, then, well, if you and your opponents are of equal skill, you've lost. Even if you're better than them it's still hard because TT is TINY and it isn't hard to respond to something happening.

Oh, as another note, these champions ALSO tend to have pretty strong CC as well. Olaf can permaslow. Jax has a 2 second AoE stun, etc. etc.

EDIT: Also the TT Wriggles replacement I think actually has BETTER stats then wriggles. Could be wrong, but they're at least close. Only major difference is the ward and lifesteal. Lifesteal's a loss, but there's a lot of defensive items that give it. Heck, they really only needs a vamp scepter and some Dorans.....

fiddlesticksssss

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasX87 View Post
Instead he gets 25 armor pen, 40 ad, and 300 health by 7 minutes into the game. Its also built out of HoG. Olaf can still get frozen mallet and atma's still getting insanely high ad. He can build ruined king sword for any lifesteal he is missing too. Olaf, Jax, Tryndamere, and Darius can still faceroll solo queue games all day. Nothing has changed with god tier Solo Queue champs.

Mustaphah

10-26-2012

I think it really comes down to this, LoL will never be balanced if they don't stop adding champions so frequently and don't stop adding items and maps. Although then people will whine about no new content, so they can't do much.