why all the hate.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

radajin

Member

10-25-2012

I love this new map and instead of posting on countless other threads i'm making it known here. This map is boss. It has everything i would want for the old twisted tree line. It breaks the mold. the old twisted tree line was a smaller summoners rift, that was unbalanced, old, out dated. even the jungle didn't have the new jungle updates to summoners.

The Alters make this map more interesting. theres more to worry about then just towers minions and dragons. there is more to consider. It requires much more skill and cordination to maintain a good map controll. If anything it makes it an over all better competative setting. I feel there are some tweeks that can go in place. but not complete removal.

The spider boss is awsome. nuff said.

The shorter game pace and the extra starting gold awsome.

The updated graphics are nice. The old twisted tree line looked like a turd.

Overall the new items and taking away some of the OP items on the map made this more balanced. it still needs a few tweeks here or there, but this is beta, nothing is finalized, and they are really good about keeping up maintaince on balance.

I no longer feel as if i can just pick one champion and become unkillable. (there is a difference here if u get fed o.O)

I love this new map, i don't want to see it go anywhere. I wish to see your opions as to why i am wrong. But all i've seen is hardcore fan boys fearing change, and mad because they can no longer face roll with unbalanced champion's and items. They can't adapt to a new enviroment where there is somthing more then to just face roll minions to win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joe Krake

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Because there's less viable teams.

Don't have a teemo on your team? (or cait and nudalee to a lesser degree) Well you're at a huge disadvantage then because they can have map awareness at no cost. Best you can do is waste a summoner spell on clairvoyence or buy an active item that goes off every minute and can only be used close range.

Didn't pick tanky DPS characters like udyr and volibear? Well enjoy the next five minutes as the other team bullies you out of the alter and jungle and then snowballs you to defeat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duarack5

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Krake View Post
Because there's less viable teams.

Don't have a teemo on your team? (or cait and nudalee to a lesser degree) Well you're at a huge disadvantage then because they can have map awareness at no cost. Best you can do is waste a summoner spell on clairvoyence or buy an active item that goes off every minute and can only be used close range.

Didn't pick tanky DPS characters like udyr and volibear? Well enjoy the next five minutes as the other team bullies you out of the alter and jungle and then snowballs you to defeat.
Bro, I just went up against a Teemo, a Darius, and a Katarina.
We were Kha'Zix (me) Wukong, and Shaco. We fought back and forth, but won.
Just because bruisers or altars exist does not make a game snowball-y. You're not looking at what make the map good, just being upset over the lack of wards and map awarness. If a team is beating you, find a strategy to beat them. Don't blame Stealth or Teemo for existing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

radajin

Member

10-25-2012

i agree with duarack, You just are getting out played. we won with a ez, lux, and a kat. against a rengar, graves and nid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joe Krake

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarack5 View Post
Bro, I just went up against a Teemo, a Darius, and a Katarina.
We were Kha'Zix (me) Wukong, and Shaco. We fought back and forth, but won.
Just because bruisers or altars exist does not make a game snowball-y. You're not looking at what make the map good, just being upset over the lack of wards and map awareness. If a team is beating you, find a strategy to beat them. Don't blame Stealth or Teemo for existing.
I like things about the map. But as of right now the bad outweigh the good.

Map awareness is extremely vital in any game with fog of war. Taking away the most useful tool that anybody can use is not the way to go. Now the game is played very passively and people hang around b turrets.

I've played 5 games so far. And each game is was one game has one side winning and then just dominating the other team. Especially later on in the match when respawn timers are extremely high.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

radajin

Member

10-25-2012

i've played about 10-15 game sof ar, and its been either a close game or just a total stomp, but its been about 80% of a close game and 20% of stomping. people honestly can't cope with change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

Senior Member

10-25-2012

The reason why people complain is because they played old TT where as someone like yourself did not. You probably mained 5v5 the more boring version of all the maps, and decided to play TT one day. You didn't like how there was much more strategy and teamwork involved so you never played it. Then this new map comes out, and you actually like it because its pretty braindead and lacks any type of teamwork or strategy. So 5v5 fansl ike you will never understand, but old TT fans pretty much hate this ****ty run down of 2 maps. I hope this same treatment happens to 5v5 so i can just laugh as you guys QQ for your old map back too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joe Krake

Senior Member

10-25-2012

I ejoyed a few games on old TT. The old TT also had wards and map awareness.

We had communication but this i what most of it consisted of

"Don't go in there, don't go in there, back up back up, don't push, wait, hold hold"

the game encourages passive play and the only time I've seen people get killed is with an over extention. Games seem longer because of it.


I will be completely okay with the new map if they ditched alters and put wards back in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TamOcello

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
The reason why people complain is because they played old TT where as someone like yourself did not. You probably mained 5v5 the more boring version of all the maps, and decided to play TT one day. You didn't like how there was much more strategy and teamwork involved so you never played it. Then this new map comes out, and you actually like it because its pretty braindead and lacks any type of teamwork or strategy. So 5v5 fansl ike you will never understand, but old TT fans pretty much hate this ****ty run down of 2 maps. I hope this same treatment happens to 5v5 so i can just laugh as you guys QQ for your old map back too.
I play(ed) both. I like(d) both. I like all three now. Taking shots at someone after assuming their likes is pretty tasteless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

radajin

Member

10-25-2012

i got my first 20 summoner levels on TT and came back to playing it every now and then, i did like the old map but the new one smokes the old one.