Old or New TT?

Old 15 88.24%
New 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

[Suggestions To You Riot] Pros/Cons Of New TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bo0M N0obs

10-25-2012

Con: The main goal of making TT games shorter has failed, the games actually feel longer.
Con: Jungle is very simple and not tactical at all. Almost any champ can do well in jungle now.
Con: Limiting TT items to dumbed down items. I liked bloodrazors and warmogs and the strategy where if enemy stacks health you need to fit bloodrazors into your build, I understand the logic behind this, but it feels like your making us sit at the kids table by not letting us play with the cool items. Now its just back to being armor/magic resist for survival.
Con: No buffs/Alters. Replacing liz/drag with alters is not nearly as fun as beating a mini boss for the buff. And while that speed boost in mid could POTENTIALLY be utilized effectively, it is for the most part, useless.
Con: The map seems to open now, the space almost feels more like 5s where your always running. Top quarter of map (spider) isn't even ever used until level 14ish+, the space almost feels like a 4v4 map if there was more jungle/lane.
Con: I lag super bad in team fights on this map.

Pro: Wards, I like that the wards are gone. It makes communication and team cooperation more of a key. However, I am not sure disabling them is the correct answer, maybe limiting the range of sight like mini-wards or something.
Pro: The wall to keep minions from being dragged in. Brilliant.
Pro: Spider. That thing is epic, I don't know how its survivability is set up right now but if it could be changed to start a little weaker and get harder as you level up that would be great. It probably does do that but starts way too hard.
Pro: The new landscape. This is much more friendly to champs that cannot wall jump or have any kind of movement ability to go over/through a wall. With the new landscape the most the can do is gain a few steps by cutting a corner. However, it makes for less epic ganks.
Pro: I love how the extra gold gets the game started a little faster

I am definitely missing something... what is it?

Toph Basquette

10-25-2012

Okay, I'm just going to be blunt here. I have tried the map all evening and it's terrible. I will never use this map again.

The whole "we want to move away from this being a bruiser only map" has failed here. The only difference in that aspect is that now there is no way to get away from them. All the tricks in the old top jungle, are now nonexistent and the bottom gaps in the new map just mean they will catch Hiemers, Viegars and Kog'maws at the next gap anywat. If you don't want to be a bruiser in this map you can save yourself alot of trouble by standing in the middle, blowing your cool-downs and then waiting for Garen, Wu Kong, and Amumu to kill you.

The spawn timers are too long for how open the map is. If one person dies once lvl 18 is hit, that's it for your team. With no chokes to speak of, one death means the end of the game. They took that part too far.

The new items and alters are interesting, but this map is basically a no lane gankfest until fifteen minutes have passed, one person dies, and the game is over.

The speed boost in the middle does nothing but kill mages who are trying to escape.

The extra starting gold is fine, if there was an incentive to use anything but bruisers. Since there is not it just means that the mixed team now cannot kill that Jayce Mao combo from fight one.

I will say that since this is a BETA I hope Riot comes to their senses before release.

Bo0M N0obs

10-25-2012

Quote:
Okay, I'm just going to be blunt here. I have tried the map all evening and it's terrible. I will never use this map again.

The whole "we want to move away from this being a bruiser only map" has failed here. The only difference in that aspect is that now there is no way to get away from them. All the tricks in the old top jungle, are now nonexistent and the bottom gaps in the new map just mean they will catch Hiemers, Viegars and Kog'maws at the next gap anywat. If you don't want to be a bruiser in this map you can save yourself alot of trouble by standing in the middle, blowing your cool-downs and then waiting for Garen, Wu Kong, and Amumu to kill you.

The spawn timers are too long for how open the map is. If one person dies once lvl 18 is hit, that's it for your team. With no chokes to speak of, one death means the end of the game. They took that part too far.

The new items and alters are interesting, but this map is basically a no lane gankfest until fifteen minutes have passed, one person dies, and the game is over.

The speed boost in the middle does nothing but kill mages who are trying to escape.

The extra starting gold is fine, if there was an incentive to use anything but bruisers. Since there is not it just means that the mixed team now cannot kill that Jayce Mao combo from fight one.

I will say that since this is a BETA I hope Riot comes to their senses before release.
That is exactly where I am coming from.

radajin

10-25-2012

the new map is fine, learn to play mages more defensivly, i have no trouble with the new map.

Joe Krake

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by radajin View Post
the new map is fine, learn to play mages more defensivly, i have no trouble with the new map.
that's the problem. You can only play defensively and passively if you're not a bruiser.

There's no wards anymore so the best you can hope to accomplish is buying an active item (they may not be good for your character) that can only be sued at close range or wasting a summoner spell with claivoyence.

unless you have teemo or cait on your team pushing forward is a nightmare.

and yeah you can play defensively as a mage. See somebody liek Udyr or malphite you can just back off. But by doing that they now have free reign to take your alter or jungle.

Lack of wards really killed this map (In addition to a few other things)

Bo0M N0obs

10-25-2012

Quote:
unless you have teemo or cait on your team pushing forward is a nightmare.
Oh wow I hadn't even thought of that, having a teemo or cait could/would really give a team a huge advantage.

Bo0M N0obs

10-26-2012

bump