Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Legitimate Thoughts on the Map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DethMacoll

10-25-2012

With all the mindless blabbering clustering up the forums, it’s hard to find any REAL feedback. But, hopefully I can provide a little bit of my own insight. I haven’t got to play extensively but I have played enough to get a feel for the game. Personally I like the new TT and feel like it is a better version of the old TT, NOT A NEW GAMETYPE.

Pros: Opening the middle, making it less cluttered makes the map feel much much more smooth. It is much more accessible and takes way less time to travel from the lower portion of the map to the upper portion of the map. The shrines/altars are a good idea and a good direction to go. All this “OMG capture points=dominion” **** is completely irrelevant. They provide a great objective to focus on and provide a means for more action. Also, Vilemaw does the exact same thing and I also feel this is a step in the right direction.

Cons: Even though I feel like the altars/shrines are a good idea, it can be hard to make a lasting team fight out of it. Once the other team is on top of the point there is pretty much no way to stop the capture. Maybe there could be a way to interrupt or removing the barriers and making it completely open would help? I like how the Jungle is organized in the middle of the map where it makes it accessible and opens up opportunity to ganks. However, I feel like counter jungling is impossible because the camps are piled on top of each other. If you try to steal one camp your likely to get spotted and forced out immediately or risk a death. And I’m also not a huge fan of the speed boost in the middle, I’m not really sure how it adds depth to the gameplay its more or less just there and I feel like something more useful could be placed there or it should be an open area.

Anyways, this is just my attempt at giving Riot some actual criticism and not spewing stupidity at them. I think they have done an awesome with this map and I hate to see the community absently minded trash all the hard work and effort that went into making this map. I would really like to get some discussion going on in here, and by discussion I mean legitimate conversation and debate with some actual intellect and thought going into your posts. So Reds, get at me and let me know what you think, as well as anyone who wants to seriously talk about the map. Hopefully this won’t get buried immediately by the waves of mindless posts. I’ll probably go to the bed for the night, so do me a favor and bump or go ahead and give your thoughts and I’ll check it in the morning.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squallian

10-25-2012

Quote:
DethMacoll:

Cons: Even though I feel like the altars/shrines are a good idea, it can be hard to make a lasting team fight out of it. Once the other team is on top of the point there is pretty much no way to stop the capture. Maybe there could be a way to interrupt or removing the barriers and making it completely open would help? I like how the Jungle is organized in the middle of the map where it makes it accessible and opens up opportunity to ganks. However, I feel like counter jungling is impossible because the camps are piled on top of each other. If you try to steal one camp your likely to get spotted and forced out immediately or risk a death. And I’m also not a huge fan of the speed boost in the middle, I’m not really sure how it adds depth to the gameplay its more or less just there and I feel like something more useful could be placed there or it should be an open area.

I actually feel as though the shrines shouldnt be a focus of fights at all. If you deserve to own the altar, you deserve to own it. Once that CD is down, all three of your teammates should jump it and take it and move on, shutting the other team off and forcing them to reverse and take yours. They shouldnt be a catalyst for fights, unless they try to take it the wrong way.

Counter jungling isn't the point of this map. You aren't supposed to just" Travel" to the other side and go into their jungle unless you happen to notice a low hp champ running through there. You should instead focus on hitting over-extended champions.

The speed buff is in the middle so that the lanes are more dangerous to push. If top can go bottom in 9-12 seconds, you aren't as likely to be over-extended. It also forces combat at all fronts - Your jungle should stop top from coming bot and gank top in general, your bot should follow their bot top, and your top should consistently be farming at top. With the speed buff, there should be a constant ganking roll going on.