First Impressions of TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuiltyGecko

10-25-2012

So have been playing the new TT, and I have to say it is a great improvement over the last TT. To make it simple, I will break down the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good

My favorite thing about the new map, are the new platforms. Being unable to drag the minions into the MEGA FOUNTAIN CANNON has helped to stop turtling quite a bit. I also like some of the new items, some of which I wish were in SR (Namely, Van Damm's Pillager. That is a great item. I like Vilemaw, and how he is harder to fight than dragon, making it more difficult to solo early. Contrary to some, I do like the alters, although I think some tweak need to be done. The new jungle camps are nice, more junglers can actually compete instead of only beefy junglers.

The Bad
I don't know how I feel about it yet, but the lack of wards. I have noticed that champions that can give vision are reigning supreme lately. Mobile champs such as Teemo and Nidalee are very hard to go against. Teemo especially, because constantly buying oracle extract to clear shrooms gets expensive.

Another issue are the alters. They seem to be have to much attention focused on them. Maybe you did that on purpose so people would fight in the jungle more, but it feels kinda sloppy to me.

The Ugly
This is still a problem, and I have no idea how you can fix it, but champions that can leap over walls are still very annoying. The most annoying of these, would be Shaco. Shaco can leap over many walls, and without wards it is hard to know where the heck he is. Lee Sin is also annoying with his wall jumps. I heard one rioter say A bruiser + Mage + AD carry is a comp that worked well for him, but I have still seen champs dominated by Lee Sin, Darius, Nidalee, Shaco, and anyone else except AD carries (I don't classify Teemo as an AD carry.)

So anyway, that is just from today. I suppose I will write another after this weekend. Later Riot.

Edit: Also! I think it would be REALLY REALLY REALLY awesome if champions used their dominion capturing animations while they were capturing an alter.

k4nklew33d

10-25-2012

"This is still a problem, and I have no idea how you can fix it, but champions that can leap over walls are still very annoying"

This happens even in 5v5. Im not trying to just shut down your thinking behind this but its gonna happen even a little bit no matter what. Also, thats how some champions live (same thing as flashing over a wall). To get rid of this completely would nerf the flash summoner in my opinion

GuiltyGecko

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4nklew33d View Post
"This is still a problem, and I have no idea how you can fix it, but champions that can leap over walls are still very annoying"

This happens even in 5v5. Im not trying to just shut down your thinking behind this but its gonna happen even a little bit no matter what. Also, thats how some champions live (same thing as flashing over a wall). To get rid of this completely would nerf the flash summoner in my opinion
You're right, it does happen in 5v5, but ganks are fewer and farther apart. Early today, my friend was using Shaco and could constantly gank top and bot. His boxes kept him safe because they acted as wards. The larger issue really, is that without wards it is difficult to keep track of Shaco, unlike in SR, some well placed wards keep shaco in check.