Our natural response to CHANGE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joe Krake

10-25-2012

it's more apparent here because of the alters that gives buff to your team.

I played as kog maw with a nunu and a garen.

They had udyr volibear and ziggs.

They got us in jungle with a surprise attack which is fine, but from then one we couldn't climb our way back. They had both alters the whole game and bullied us the whole time.

This is not proper balancing. I'm not the only one it's happened too and looking at the forums you can see too.

Jeteri

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Krake View Post
it's more apparent here because of the alters that gives buff to your team.

I played as kog maw with a nunu and a garen.

They had udyr volibear and ziggs.

They got us in jungle with a surprise attack which is fine, but from then one we couldn't climb our way back. They had both alters the whole game and bullied us the whole time.

This is not proper balancing. I'm not the only one it's happened too and looking at the forums you can see too.
Losing the match doesn't make a map unbalanced. Too many factors are involved (player skill, ping, runes/masteries, etc etc)

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

10-26-2012

I was actually excited for the change. However, this change is a downgrade, so I have every right to be unhappy with it.

Peligrad

10-26-2012

Apparently the OP thinks he's some kind of psychologist or something...

I've been keeping an eye on the TT forums and seeing the gripes.

They are pretty much all justified.

TT2 is gimmicky. The map mechanics favor a very small portion of champions (even more limiting than TT1) and game play has been extremely watered down.

Crucial elements such as warding/map control have been eliminated.
There are capture points as if this were a hokey control point format.
Champions that are viable are even more limited than before.
There is only the bottom half of the jungle to control for the first half of the game.

If Riot made a good map, people would be praising them...they didn't and instead took a way the map that many many many of us started playing on (and enjoyed) so people are upset...

Alrightber

10-26-2012

Okay. So, while I agree with you that a lot of time and thought went into this map and the ideas are good....it just does not work. There is too much benefit for bruisers and they can farm up enough to be unkillable by anyone who isnt a bruiser. (not unkillable ofc but almost impossible to solo.) So in the experiences that I have had on this map, the enemy teams have been stacking bruisers. If you have bruisers then you can harass...if you can harass you can dominate the map...if this happens...gg. So while I agree with you that there are definitely some good things going on with the map and ideas...In my opinion it makes the game very unbalanced. Im sure someone will comment something like why dont you just play bruisers...my answer to that is why should I have to pick a certain type of champion every time on one map because it makes me op? D: Thank you OP for getting people to actually think about why they dont like the map.

SpiderParadox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

It's not disliking change, I never really played the old TT. I play dominion a lot so I don't really get the argument that this new map is like that one either, it isn't.

If I had to say why I dislike the map, it pretty much boils down to altar bonuses. They're just too big. If either team grabs the altars early it's just impossible to come back (more because of the gold bonus than the damage bonus) and you will get outfarmed because the opponent is making way too much bonus gold for you to deal with. So good luck taking back your points when the opponent is fed.

Also the respawn timers are significantly shorter than on SR, to a noticeable level, which makes it very hard to close out the game. Not to mention the fountain turret STILL has too much range, making it extremely difficult to kill enemy champs when you're going for the inhibitor/game.

I don't care that they changed it, I care that there are issues which make the game unbalanced to the point where it's not very fun.

Twilight Monkey

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeteri View Post
It's completely natural to dislike change, change means a break in routine and a different routine means less control. Just wanted to point out it's HUMAN NATURE to dislike the new TT replacement, and a majority of the hate that's being directed to riot (regarding the new map) is pure animal impulse. I think we should appreciate how much work Riot has put into this new map, and how much **** (pardon the french) they put up with when people land on the forums just to type "THIS MAP SUCKS D*** I DON'T LIKE CHANGE" as "feedback".

If you want to keep the old TT and release the new map as a separate entity, that's cool too, just please be civil about it and sign the petition for that, there's no need to throw **** at other people who have a different opinion. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2694690

tl;dr It's natural to dislike change, Riot doesn't deserve so much **** from the community, I think the old TT DOES need to be replaced because 2/3 of the champion roster isn't viable there (and that's my opinion). http://i50.tinypic.com/112g9ds.gif

Commence the thumbs down
I dislike the changes for a score of reason that have been well explained by other and myself a couple of times. However I undertand some dont and that is why I want both maps.

The problem is that we do not have any feedback or answers from riot and the prospect of having a map forced down our throats is hardly appreciated. With that in mind you might understand why some angry.

Also, we do have to say that many of the pro-change in the tt hurricane are not very polite or undestanding either.

But until Riot makes the Old TT playable again, the **** storm will still be hitting the fan.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I was under the impression that they were going to hold off releasing until they had ironed out a lot of the apparent imbalances. But no they didn't. So now we have a game that is more imbalanced than the old TT but without the attatchment or nostalgia that we feel for the old one. So tell me what there is to be happy about? I have a map that I played since release that, sure has problems but, I have great fun on replaced by a worse one? Why would I want that?

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
I was under the impression that they were going to hold off releasing until they had ironed out a lot of the apparent imbalances. But no they didn't.
That's why it is a beta and not a final release. If they preface it with "beta" they can take it back.

People can say "That's what the PBE is for!" all they want, but only so many people play on the PBE. They wouldn't have gotten nearly the same amount or kind of feedback from the PBE that they've gotten from releasing on live.

I understand why they did it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

OnlyBotLane

10-26-2012

Why would a beta product ever replace a finished one? It is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.