Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Look at the bigger picture.

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irrelephanté

Junior Member

10-25-2012

All of this talk of the new TT being better/worse than the old one. So much bickering delivering no legitimate comments or suggestions. Think of all of this from Riot's perspective. They want to improve the game democratically taking into consideration most people's opinions. Should they have to allow those opinions that give no relevant input? There's plenty of negativity towards the new map. Some of the posts with the highest amount of support say that it should be abolished and the old TT be brought back. Others that say that both maps should exist. I have no problem with that train of thought. However, where does it end? Does every version of every map come back into play just because some nostalgic player once pwnd on a map that was imbalanced.. If your only argument is my main is no longer op in TT then just suck it up and get better. If there are legitimate points that can sway the favor back towards the old TT then I'm more than willing to hear them. In my opinion, the map is more balanced now. Unless Riot deems it absolutely necessary to have both, I'd say just keep balancing the new TT and try not to make too many versions of maps as to not cluster up queue times. I would love seeing some more types of maps in development though. Perhaps a capture the flag? o.O Also I think when your friend is in queue or in a game, you should be able to see what map it is. Also if they randomed, what character they got. TY RIOT ILU <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

Senior Member

10-25-2012

I dont know if CTF would really work. It might.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thomas500

Member

10-25-2012

Then why not make Summoners Rift the same way? The game play of the new TT was not the reason people enjoyed playing this game in the first place. The game concept isn't even the same and if this is the direction Riot plans on going in I for one am going back to Dota.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleURP

Senior Member

10-25-2012

you sir have obviously not read all the posts

all the upset posts are today, all of the rational constructive posts were in the pasts few days leading up to release, but all of those were ignored just the same.
Also, no one is complaining because their main isn't OP anymore, that's just you being dumb.

if you want to talk about bigger picture, think about this;
I've played this game for over two years, 3.5k + games, diamond elo, and more money than I care to think about, all on TT
now my whole LOL experience is gone overnight
How do you think I feel?
Thats me and the whole TT community, being screwed so SR players have another playground
that is the big picture buddy,
think about it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saucey

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Irrelephanté:
All of this talk of the new TT being better/worse than the old one. So much bickering delivering no legitimate comments or suggestions. Think of all of this from Riot's perspective. They want to improve the game democratically taking into consideration most people's opinions. Should they have to allow those opinions that give no relevant input? There's plenty of negativity towards the new map. Some of the posts with the highest amount of support say that it should be abolished and the old TT be brought back. Others that say that both maps should exist. I have no problem with that train of thought. However, where does it end? Does every version of every map come back into play just because some nostalgic player once pwnd on a map that was imbalanced.. If your only argument is my main is no longer op in TT then just suck it up and get better. If there are legitimate points that can sway the favor back towards the old TT then I'm more than willing to hear them. In my opinion, the map is more balanced now. Unless Riot deems it absolutely necessary to have both, I'd say just keep balancing the new TT and try not to make too many versions of maps as to not cluster up queue times. I would love seeing some more types of maps in development though. Perhaps a capture the flag? o.O Also I think when your friend is in queue or in a game, you should be able to see what map it is. Also if they randomed, what character they got. TY RIOT ILU <3

you obviously didnt do your research.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Please use spacing to break up text walls.

Everyone asking to keep the old TT posts "opinions that give no relevant input"?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jynsin

Junior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
PurpleURP:
you sir have obviously not read all the posts

all the upset posts are today, all of the rational constructive posts were in the pasts few days leading up to release, but all of those were ignored just the same.
Also, no one is complaining because their main isn't OP anymore, that's just you being dumb.

if you want to talk about bigger picture, think about this;
I've played this game for over two years, 3.5k + games, diamond elo, and more money than I care to think about, all on TT
now my whole LOL experience is gone overnight
How do you think I feel?
Thats me and the whole TT community, being screwed so SR players have another playground
that is the big picture buddy,
think about it


You hit the nail RIGHT on the head. Thank you very much. I've also been playing for over two years and while I am not diamond, i still have over 2k games in Twisted Treeline and Gold elo. Now the only game mode I find enjoyable is Summoners Rift, and that is still much less fun than original Twisted Treeline (In my opinion).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gabe2

Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Thomas500:
Then why not make Summoners Rift the same way? The game play of the new TT was not the reason people enjoyed playing this game in the first place. The game concept isn't even the same and if this is the direction Riot plans on going in I for one am going back to Dota.

I will laugh of DotA revives because of this decision.


1