New map =/= dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Creaturedreams

10-25-2012

People compare it to dominion because of the overall pacing and chaos of the the new map, its not slow and steady anymore, it's much more fast paced.

Ashen Paige

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghrope View Post
In Dominion, you fight over capture points, right? So in the new 3v3, the majority of the game is fighting over the two altars, hence the reason why people say it's like dominion. Feel free to disagree with the truth.

The fact that you're taking this so literal goes to show how unbelievably thick-headed some people are.
but you can still win the game (albeit much harder) and kill people whether they have 2 altars or not, it just simply makes it easier to win, thus its not like dominion.

WillWW

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghrope View Post
In Dominion, you fight over capture points, right? So in the new 3v3, the majority of the game is fighting over the two altars, hence the reason why people say it's like dominion. Feel free to disagree with the truth.

The fact that you're taking this so literal goes to show how unbelievably thick-headed some people are.
I've yet to commit to fighting over altars all game. and what am I taking literal? People calling it twisted dominionline? Read my last statement. Did I tell anyone to stop believing it's actually dominion? No, no I didn't.

Thomas500

10-25-2012

You didn't cop to the fact that dominion has a nexus yet either.....

Bawlsout

10-25-2012

Keep the vanilla tt and this new 1 pls

WillWW

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas500 View Post
Its your main base, you just don't destroy it in dominion. You capture the points to lower the hp on your opponents nexus. It's still a nexus.
Well hell, you score 1 point per score in hockey. God damn, it must be baseball! Mind blown.

Thomas500

10-25-2012

Hey you just happen to say it didn't have a nexus...I was just correcting you...

Boagster

10-25-2012

I'll be honest - anyone focusing on the altars is being an idiot. That's like spending your entire game focusing on dragon in SR. You may end up with a ton of gold, but you still didn't win. Honestly, every game I've played, I've talked to my team about NOT focusing on the altars. Guess what? I've only lost one match out of eight so far, primarily because my team didn't walk to their deaths every time the altars unlocked (which, might I add, seemed to be the undoing of most teams I played against).

WillWW

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
I'll be honest - anyone focusing on the altars is being an idiot. That's like spending your entire game focusing on dragon in SR. You may end up with a ton of gold, but you still didn't win. Honestly, every game I've played, I've talked to my team about NOT focusing on the altars. Guess what? I've only lost one match out of eight so far, primarily because my team didn't walk to their deaths every time the altars unlocked (which, might I add, seemed to be the undoing of most teams I played against).

Same approach I've taken. I've jungled, and told my team to let me worry about the altars and ganking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But to the point, The whole thread is about people saying it's too much like Dominion. I've yet to see a thread in the Dominion forums saying anything about it being anything like Dominion. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that any hardcore Dominion player would laugh in your face and call you stupid if you said that.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

It isn't like Dominion.

In Dominion, bruisers aren't nearly as dominant as they are in TT.

In Dominion, the meta is far less strict.