Quite a trainwreck going on here, eh?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rei

10-25-2012

To me, the new TT seems to be faster and it does fix some of the problems of the old TT, but it loses so much in the process that if you're able to say that it's a all-around improvement, I'm confident you didn't know very much about the original TT.

The map's lost an incredibly complex and vibrant (albiet small in player count) meta and traded it for what is pretty much nonstop teamfighting with nothing else meaningful. It's also drawn down the variety of viable champs. In real TT, you could play a whole bunch of different classes of champ, contrary to popular opinion. Now, if you don't take three strong early-game bruisers, you're pretty much ****ed.

ADCs were viable in real TT if you knew what you were doing and comped well. Certain supports like Blitz and Nunu were viable if you knew what you were doing and comped well. A lot of AP carries were viable if you knew what you were doing and comped well. Now, unless you're playing against absolute morons, it's bruiser or lose it.

If I sound butthurt as ****, I am. Read my posts and pretend that my much-loved pet was killed by a car and I'm being told by the driver to enjoy my time with my fur pancake, which is better than my cat ever was, anyway.

Sweagen

10-25-2012

I agree with everything you said
hopefully some better meta can evolve for the new TT <.<
I've only played 3 games of it so far but it seems like tanky dps is more dominant than ever in the new 3v3
Also spawn timers are way too short and draw out games unnecessarily! just wanna put that out there

Ninjakageyyz

10-25-2012

I so know how you feel. I can't play katarina in the new TT now. I'll never play 3 v 3 unless they bring back the old TT.

WhiteDevilJ

10-25-2012

I have played nearly 2000 games of LoL and 98% of them have been on the Twisted Treeline. This new one is so horrible in so many ways compared to the old one. If you want to keep this map, please also retain the classic Twisted Treeline that so many of us veterans have played and loved for years as well. This new "upgrade" is so different from the old twisted treeline that it is ridiculous to even call it the same thing. The Crystal Treeline perhaps? Is it me or does it look the treeline is attempting be both the Crystal Scar and Summoner's rift at the same time?

egregiousRac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevilJ View Post
Is it me or does it look the treeline is attempting be both the Crystal Scar and Summoner's rift at the same time?
Although the alters make it seem similar to Crystal Scar at a glance, it is much more similar to the classic MOBA game play than it is to Dominion.

The issue is that ganks are so easy to pull off that you have to gank constantly. There is no other option, and this makes it severely weighted towards the champs that excel at frequent fights. The alters just make this worse, as they unlock every 90 seconds. This reduces the usefulness of many AP carries as their ults are important portions of their kits. Examples include Morgana (120-100 CD), Kennen (120), Ahri (110-80)Karthus (200-160), Fiddlesticks (150-130), Gragas (100-80), and more.

All of the champs I listed above were quite viable on the old TT, but will almost never have their ults up for multiple fights in a row. This issue is not limited to just AP either, it also effects many other champs who are intended to use their skills in every fight, and then get them up in time for the next fight. Very few things in the old map actually ran on a timer that would force a fight. Dragon could, but was a bigger, riskier undertaking. This flexibility with timing allowed the champions with longer CD to be useful and quite strong. Now, if you try to wait until your skills are up then the other team can probably get your alter before you are in a position to fight them.

PKPikmin

10-25-2012

The altars need longer recharge times and a less powerful reward for controlling both. Plain and simple. Its like if baron was in both pits on SR, re-spawned every two minutes, and only took a couple hits to kill. Who would ever lane again?