My First Impressions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PKPikmin

10-25-2012

I've played about five games on the Treeline and I just want to throw out some ideas and thoughts I've had.

1) The jungle as a whole.
-Having a jungler on the team of course has the benefits of increased experience and gold with two solo lanes, but with no buffs to grab, the role feels insignificant to me. Sure you always have a potential ganker (more on that later), but both teams are essentially forced into the jungle every few minutes anyways because they have to attack/defend an altar. I dunno. Just my initial thoughts.

2) The altars.
-Its such a snowballing mechanic. Its not so bad near the start when both teams are controlling their sides of the lanes fairly well, but as soon as those two towers go down the defending team is going to have a rough time getting their own shrine back, especially when their opponents now have increased gold and AD and AP buffs.

- I also think they kill the laning phase a bit too much (This IS under the classic mode menu, so I assume farming should still be relevant). With a buff that strong unlocking every minute and a half, why the heck would someone waste their time farming? The pattern currently seems to be: Grab open altars, farm for a bit until they unlock(90 measly seconds), go for the open ones, win the team fight, push and snowball with increased gold and stats. I think they should be like dragon in SR; initially unavailable until a bit of time has passed, and when taken they should give an instant effect. Maybe even replace the speed shrine with one big altar more akin to a dragon timer, or simply making a jungle monster

3) Ganking and the Speed shrine
- Another killer of the laning phase. The middle of the lane where the minions start fighting feels too far from the tower, ESPECIALLY with the loss of wards. Even worse, there's a speed shrine to give the ganker an even bigger advantage. There are a lot of ways to fix this; give wards back, remove the shrine, preferably for a jungle monster of some sort so the jungler has something to control, or make the opening in the wall closer to the middle of the lane.

4) Items
-Let's be honest riot, removing wards here was just a dumb idea. It makes ganks so easy, and no, the lantern and the sweeper are not going to make up for it. Meanwhile, bruisers, from what I understand, were the dominant class on old treeline. Why has an item been made with everything they want? (Pillager) I must say though, I love the %health sword. Really handy for said bruisers.

Again, these are just my initial thoughts from a very small amount of games. Take it as you will.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PKPikmin

10-25-2012

Forums moving fast. One more try.