Whats your tribunal accuracy? (for fun)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wonderbolts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
Incorrect.

The Justice Ranking appears to be the same thing as an Elo ranking, awarding points for judgments that were agreed by the majority (wins) and negating points for judgments where the majority disagreed with you (losses.)

Elo systems exist to match players of similar skill together. A player just starting out who has a skill level of 2800 starts out in the 1200 levels. Theory goes that he should win the vast majority of his games, and when he does, his Elo will be increased further and further until he stops winning with such regularity.

But in this system, we're not being pitted against anyone. We are being assessed in conjunction with other Tribunal Judges, by how close we are to consensus judgment.

Under this system, there is theoretically no limit to how high our Justice ranking can go, so long as one maintains a high percentage of correct consensus judgments. And with the addition of streaks, the more strings of successful judgments one can string together, the more points they will be rewarded per case.
my brain hurts

YES!!!!!! new longest streak

Taikero

11-08-2012

Quote:
Under this system, there is theoretically no limit to how high our Justice ranking can go, so long as one maintains a high percentage of correct consensus judgments. And with the addition of streaks, the more strings of successful judgments one can string together, the more points they will be rewarded per case.
I understand the concept behind the system, I'm simply pointing out that if you get, say, over 15000 rating and you get 1 point for correct cases and lose 100 points for each incorrect case, it's going to eventually even out for the majority of players.

We don't know the scaling yet, so it's impossible to know at what point it'll even out, but it would be foolish for a system like this to be implemented without diminishing returns and harsh penalties for incorrect judging at higher ratings, simply to prevent the no limit scenario you describe.

Goth Skunk

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbolts View Post
my brain hurts
Mission Accomplished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero
I understand the concept behind the system, I'm simply pointing out that if you get, say, over 15000 rating and you get 1 point for correct cases and lose 100 points for each incorrect case, it's going to eventually even out for the majority of players.

We don't know the scaling yet, so it's impossible to know at what point it'll even out, but it would be foolish for a system like this to be implemented without diminishing returns and harsh penalties for incorrect judging at higher ratings, simply to prevent the no limit scenario you describe.
The only times when the points earned/lost per game are highest is at the very first few occurrences, and during consecutive streaks. The former because a player whom is just starting out but has a lot of raw talent deserves to play among the best, whereas a player who just starts and is in fact quite awful sinks to the level of players equally inept. The latter because a player that strings together consecutive wins or losses obviously doesn't belong in their present Elo ranking, and are awarded/deducted more points until the streak ends.

I'm going to assume that you just threw out the eventual scaling of 1 point per consensus judgment and -100 points for counter-consensus judgment willy-nilly. That sort of system cannot work. No one to date has got a streak of 100 correct judgments yet. A system like the one you suggested would cause a player ranked at 15000 points with 1000 cases judged to go down to 13585 in their next hundred cases, assuming they get 85 of them correct. And so, no matter how well they do, they will just continue to slip further and further down in rank unless they are near perfect in their judgments.

This current system for tribunal cases is theoretically limitless, assuming the best of us maintain a ratio of consensus judgment greater than 50%. Heck, Elo itself is theoretically limitless, assuming a person never loses a single game, ever.

WhyYouMadBroLoL

11-08-2012

89.7%

5276 rating now

rating: 273

Wonderbolts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Mission Accomplished.

The only times when the points earned/lost per game are highest is at the very first few occurrences, and during consecutive streaks. The former because a player whom is just starting out but has a lot of raw talent deserves to play among the best, whereas a player who just starts and is in fact quite awful sinks to the level of players equally inept. The latter because a player that strings together consecutive wins or losses obviously doesn't belong in their present Elo ranking, and are awarded/deducted more points until the streak ends.

I'm going to assume that you just threw out the eventual scaling of 1 point per consensus judgment and -100 points for counter-consensus judgment willy-nilly. That sort of system cannot work. No one to date has got a streak of 100 correct judgments yet. A system like the one you suggested would cause a player ranked at 15000 points with 1000 cases judged to go down to 13585 in their next hundred cases, assuming they get 85 of them correct. And so, no matter how well they do, they will just continue to slip further and further down in rank unless they are near perfect in their judgments.

This current system for tribunal cases is theoretically limitless, assuming the best of us maintain a ratio of consensus judgment greater than 50%. Heck, Elo itself is theoretically limitless, assuming a person never loses a single game, ever.
i dont see how ranked people get high when there are tons of feeders and trollers

Goth Skunk

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbolts View Post
i dont see how ranked people get high when there are tons of feeders and trollers
I vaguely remember way back over a year ago when a Riot Staffer's corporate account was compromised by someone. That same someone used their new ill-gotten powers to reduce the elo ranking of a prominent professional player from the high 2000's down to 1.

Yes, 1.

Now granted, there was a great deal of feather ruffling over the whole ordeal, but the professional player in question was an avid member of the community and he used the mishap to make a point: Elo hell doesn't exist.

Now one would think that an Elo rank that low, rising up through the ranks would be impossible. You would constantly be teamed up with bad teammates who would make stupid mistakes and cause you to lose the game, at least 50% of the time.

This player stomped on players in this elo. He regularly 1 v 5'd his enemy team--and won--with a jungling Master Yi. He managed to climb back up the ranks... 900, 1000, 1200, 1400... and he would've gone further if not for Riot eventually forcing him back to his original high level elo.

I watched this players progression with great interest, because I was convinced there was an elo hell. I found his constant victories shocking and amazing to witness. The guy was just THAT good!

Which led me to realize the following aspect of League of Legends: While at its core it is a team-based game, individual skill does play a crucial part as well. And good players will win games more often than not. Trolls and feeders may cause them to lose the occasional game, but on average, they will only be a roadbump in the total progression.

Wonderbolts

11-08-2012

OP updated with the epic data in bold

Wonderbolts

11-08-2012

anyone wanna see the perma ban case?

AlternateLogic

11-08-2012

Nice new streak. I am still stuck at 23.
Justice Rating: 3990
Cases Reviewed: 150
Cases Pending: 10
Cases Correct: 133
Toxic Days Prevented: 261
Permabans: 3

Wonderbolts

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateLogic View Post
Nice new streak. I am still stuck at 23.
Justice Rating: 3990
Cases Reviewed: 150
Cases Pending: 10
Cases Correct: 133
Toxic Days Prevented: 261
Permabans: 3
ROFL OMG i was stuck at 23 for some time