TT. To those who can't adapt.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OdinWolfe

10-25-2012

Just because you went into the revamped map and got stomped, doesn't mean the map needs to change.

While there may be a few things that end up changing, I don't think yelling and whining at riot to remove the map, or major features in it are necessary.
I went in to day solo Queue.
it was my first time playing the new map. We won. Why? Because we adapted.
We didn't try old tactics and get owned, we followed what we thought was a priority, and it worked.

Speed shrine is fine, it helps everyone.
Altars are great, it causes useful havoc and map control properties.
The jungle seems fine, kinda weird positioning.

Vilemaw is a great boss. Hurts hard, but goes down quickly.
The lane positioning is fine, I think the map being small with 3v3 is also just right.

While some champions abilities may be easier to exploit the map shape and Close quarters better than others, I think the map is, again... overall pretty alright.

In regards to the old TT design, I thought people overtly abused team comps.
Of course, this is expected with people who "hurr durr i wnat to win all da tiem"

I think if you tried more than one champion on this map, and maybe played 20-30 games with some variety, you can see just how great this map is.

One final note: Remember, this map is geared toward combat, not laning.
While laning is possible, it's much more efficient to take the lead with kills, grab a few items and then dominate your opponents.

fiddlesticksssss

10-25-2012

I played 105 games on pbe and 5 games on live. I won 89 and lost 21 games. Every game i won was because of heavy altar control. Every game i lost was because of heavy altar control. Every game i play i focus on heavy altar control. Every game ever played will be focused on heavy altar control. Strategy to winning? Heavy altar control.

WrathgarWarlord

10-25-2012

I've won every game I've played on the new TT... I still hate it. I hate it because I want to still be able to play the old TT... if they had both maps... I'd be clicking my heals together for joy because of a new option of play... but I as a seasoned 3v3 player have been forced into this new map, that I and a majority of the community it seems does not like. We just want the option to play the old map. Is that too much to ask?

Budmeizter

10-25-2012

Its not about not winning, its about it not being fun.

3v3 used to be a smaller strat-moba like the 5v5 counterpart.

now its a new game mode like dominion. but not a traditional strategy based MOBA.

Its gonna be great fun for people who play warwick, yi, tryn, lee, xin, twitch, teemo shyv ect. But for the other character types that aren't inherently strong it will not be that great of a game.

I won all my new TT games so far, But I gotta say I dont like this gutted version.

Leave the strategy in a strategy game.

Wrenrock

10-25-2012

Pretty much agree with you across the board, the new TT is pretty good fun. It'll probably need a few tweaks once things settle in but that's normal.

Waverhouse

10-25-2012

The best team comp still seems like its something along the lines of Singed/Lee Sin/Jax, which is hilarious.

CLG HotdogGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I won my first and only game on the new TT on PBE.

It's really obvious what your priorities are. There aren't any "tricks" to it. You need to win control of the altars. That's it. That's the extent of strategy in the new TT. It's boring.

If you can't adapt to the new TT then you probably just suck at the game in general. I don't think anyone's complaining about it being more complicated, lol.

Agent1729

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I've played one game of the new TT and I don't like it already. Oh, and we stomped them hard because holy **** the altars are retardedly imbalanced.

Alfirion

10-25-2012

I love the new TT..and I played the only 3v3 map quite a bit.