The new TT map is Bad....just Bad.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfentine

10-25-2012

This is bad. I played the new 3v3 map for the first time today as Teemo, good old Teemo. Usually i have semi control of mid jungle or total control of dragon. But i have to agree the new layout is piss poor at beast and we already have a game type for capturing points. Basically Roit if something is not broken don't try and fix it. I for one will not be spending any more money on this game until I see something more like the old 3v3.

Brixby

10-25-2012

It's fun and refreshing to see new viable faces on 3v3.

Bifu Tobaru

10-25-2012

I want them so badly to just delete this new **** and revert to the original. This isnt Twisted Treeline, its a team deathmatch. If RIOT wanted to make something along those lines. Just make an Arena based game, with no turrets and minions. Just players versus players with a kill cap. I dont know if everyone else has gone up against it but...in the new TT, the worst kind of group to go up against is a roaming group. One that doesnt try and push turrets, just go after players. And this should be easy enough to go up against, but its not. The opposite team cant build due to the frequent deaths. Also the roamers get a build going rather well. By then its COMPLETELY one sided and loses all fun. There is not such thing as laning phase on this map. There are a LOT of issues that need addressing. Until they do the needed fixes, they should allow surrender at 15minutes, Im just tired of WAITED 5-8 minutes to play another game, because the enemy team is in DEATHMATCH mode. If it was a deathmatch mode...why even bother with minions and turrets...or a nexus for that matter.

Another thing is...the altar system, is not a good as RIOT made it out to be. The buffs are ok, at least the West altar. The East altar puts the purple team at an extreme disadvantage. 4 more gold per kill versus 10% bonus to BOTH ad and ap? To even that out maybe make the AD and AP bonus 5%, or the gold 10 per kill. Right now the altars are VERY unbalanced and the match starts off in the favor of the Blue team.

I say these things only because I was very amped and excited for this new map. And in less than one day, I have been completely let down. I thoroughly enjoyed the original Twisted Treeline, and now I dont really have a mode that I enjoy to play anymore. Im concerned that this new TT is going to end up like the other...a neglected mode. PLEASE RIOT, im begging you...PLEASE fix ALL the NUMEROUS problems on this map.

Sincerely,
Concerned Summoner.

asamu

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixby View Post
It's fun and refreshing to see new viable faces on 3v3.
You don't. It is even more imbalanced than before, not less, and the characters that were the best before are still the best. The game focuses on running powerhouse champs like Jax that can win fights easily, and benefit significantly more from the bonus gold. Also, because wards are disabled, there is no map vision, which is very bad for this game, as the altars are so outrageously important. Also, snowballing is a lot stronger. It is nearly impossible to come back from an early loss... Again, partly because wards are disabled. This isn't dominion where you can see half of the map anyway; wards are necessary.
They should have left the old TT and just added this as a new map. It would have been a better idea anyway, as people want a new map, not a replacement for an old one that was already good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifudesu View Post
I want them so badly to just delete this new **** and revert to the original. This isnt Twisted Treeline, its a team deathmatch. If RIOT wanted to make something along those lines. Just make an Arena based game, with no turrets and minions. Just players versus players with a kill cap. I dont know if everyone else has gone up against it but...in the new TT, the worst kind of group to go up against is a roaming group. One that doesnt try and push turrets, just go after players. And this should be easy enough to go up against, but its not. The opposite team cant build due to the frequent deaths. Also the roamers get a build going rather well. By then its COMPLETELY one sided and loses all fun. There is not such thing as laning phase on this map. There are a LOT of issues that need addressing. Until they do the needed fixes, they should allow surrender at 15minutes, Im just tired of WAITED 5-8 minutes to play another game, because the enemy team is in DEATHMATCH mode. If it was a deathmatch mode...why even bother with minions and turrets...or a nexus for that matter.
Sincerely,
Concerned Summoner.
Agreed. They should have just made a 3v3 arena map with a kill cap instead, where there is no bonus gold or XP, but it is naturally generated very quickly, and speed shrines/traps/bushes that can be used; possibly the altar mechanic as well.

Bifu Tobaru

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by asamu View Post
Also, snowballing is a lot stronger..
THANK YOU! You are the only person, other than myself, that I have seen say that. If you get down by about 8-10 kills there is no hope in winning.

Vulveteer

10-25-2012

I totally agree... I hate the new map. Horrible...I'm actually quitting the game if they don't bring back the old 3v3's....

asamu

10-25-2012

Quote:
THANK YOU! You are the only person, other than myself, that I have seen say that. If you get down by about 8-10 kills there is no hope in winning.
Pretty much... If you are down on gold by more than a little bit, the other side controls the points; if they control the points, they get higher income and a huge buff, meaning that their lead is just accelerated...

Bifu Tobaru

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by asamu View Post
Pretty much... If you are down on gold by more than a little bit, the other side controls the points; if they control the points, they get higher income and a huge buff, meaning that their lead is just accelerated...
That is probably the BIGGEST problem with the map. You get ace'd early, and they cap both altars...you lose. Hands down, no matter your comp, or who you focus. If they just defend the altars and keep the lanes evenly pushed, there is no comeback possible. Another thing they should allow wards, just make them cheaper and last maybe half the time. I realize that the altars are visible. But if the enemy team takes an ashe, and she uses Hawkeye, they can literally see the entire map.

All Im sayin is that they shouldnt have taken the strategy out of a REAL-TIME STRATEGY game. This new map makes me believe that RIOT is losing focus on their game. Which saddens me.

Lengone

10-25-2012

Quote:
Another thing is...the altar system, is not a good as RIOT made it out to be. The buffs are ok, at least the West altar. The East altar puts the purple team at an extreme disadvantage. 4 more gold per kill versus 10% bonus to BOTH ad and ap? To even that out maybe make the AD and AP bonus 5%, or the gold 10 per kill. Right now the altars are VERY unbalanced and the match starts off in the favor of the Blue team.

Sincerely,
Concerned Summoner.
You entirely don't understand the altars. Owning one (either one east or west) gets you the 4 bonus gold buff. Both teams can have this buff at the same time. If one team gets both altars then the buff changes to the +10% AD and AP buff. Only one team can have this and it also denies them the 4 bonus gold buff.

Sincerely,
Helpful Summoner

Noobtactical

10-25-2012

I think the new map is fine, it doesn't feel that far off from the old map and offers a wider selection of viable champs. I think the people freaking out are the ones who just like have the same exploitable bruiser champs to chose from and don't want to change.