Please Riot I am on my hands and knees begging you!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainAMorgan

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
I think I am going to start a support group. For me its as if the servers just went down ... permanently. Yeah, that's how I feel. Call me a wimp if you want. I would probably agree with you so long as I get the old TT back.
My wife was pissed.

She saw how I felt, so it's shwarma for dinner.

But seriously this was of the highest level of gaming betrayal.
Here is my topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
Instead of fixing the clearly broken map.

Instead of answering it's community. Yeah, thousands of replies.

They have time to play with "high level" 3s players on a broke map.

I really just don't get this company. Time is running out.

First you take my best and favorite map for this new and different game type.
Then you never respond to the community that played the map (small as it may be).

Then you ignore 2.7k response posts.
While answering these.

And all this happened within a month of the announcement.

Riot, you have failed me as a consumer and I will not take it much longer. I payed you real money and I receive nothing in return but a big slap in the face.

Mutiny is a stirrin! AYE!
@Runix my average game length on the new map is about 40 minutes.
A lot longer than the 15-25 minute game time I had in ranked 3v3, the so called "turtlefest"

Battleaxe19

10-31-2012

Quote:
Honestly Runix,

To say these things means the following.

You never played the old TT all that much.

You will not play the new TT all that much.

Thanks for the post but no. you are just wrong.
Nope. Sounds pretty much spot on to me. I agree with almost everything he said. He's not the only one. I'd be willing to bet that you are the minority.

CaptainAMorgan

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleaxe19 View Post
Nope. Sounds pretty much spot on to me. I agree with almost everything he said. He's not the only one. I'd be willing to bet that you are the minority.
Lol.

More people who never came to the 3s forum before the remake/announcement.

So sad.

Gotta get outnumbered by people who played a map 4 times.

Exqzr

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleaxe19 View Post

I Guarantee you he did not play the old TT map all that much.

As I said in my post, yeah those things exist to a small degree in SiTT

But no where close to the old intensity, flavour and appeal of the old map. SiTT FALLS SHORT on delivering a good gaming experience.

Also, I am not in the minority. If I was this post would not be +64.

But even if I was, so what? Riot can support both maps. Let the customer choose which they prefer.

Runix

10-31-2012

Quote:
Honestly Runix,

To say these things means the following.

You never played the old TT all that much.

You will not play the new TT all that much.

Thanks for the post but no. you are just wrong.
You're right, I didn't play the old map that much. Its primary features were a very small pool of viable Champions, a very small player base, and a very narrowly defined, almost scripted metagame that featured very little variability and very little change. It was, in a word, boring, at least to those of us that like some variety and change.

It shouldn't be surprising, then, that Riot's efforts to remake the map have resulted in strongly negative feelings in this forum. The old club of TTers is seeing its game get turned upside down - and the old TT player base consisted, by and large, of players who don't like change and who don't like variety (if they did, they'd be playing Dominion or ARAM or SR or a combination of those).

The players asking for a remake of TT were players like myself, who liked the idea but didn't like the map and the limitations it imposed; the players who were saying "leave it alone, it's fine" were, by definition, the players who thought it was fine and were still playing it.

As I've said elsewhere, the numbers will decide this one. Riot will certainly give up on a hundred or so diehard old-map-TT-players if they get thousands more trying out Twisted Treeline and enjoying the new map.

Exqzr

10-31-2012

Runix,

You seem like a reasonable guy. So forgive me for saying this. But you are not talking from a position of experience and/or knowledge here.

The Meta in the old 3s was no worse and no better than the Meta in 5s. Certain champs rule, certain champ struggle, many are marginal.

It is also true that a few champs like Mundo and Singed and Tryn were particularly challenging to deal with, but that is mostly because players didn't understand how to deal with the challenge they presented and would stick to predetermined builds as opposed to counter builds which work well against these champs. This is the way of all MOBAs and it is the inherent nature of these games.

I digress. Classic TT was at the end a GREAT gaming experience. This is why we, the dedicated TTers are upset. Yes the map had problems. Yes, the occasional players often gave up in frustration after a few games and complained about it on the boards. But in truth the old community of TTers was (imo) a better community than the current SR community and significantly better than the new "group" (I refuse to call it a community) or current SiTTers.

And so, I ask you straight out. If RIOT determined that SR map needed to be changed and suddenly without warning took away what you know and love and replaced it with something that offers a completely different game experience, adding things you never asked for or wanted and rammed it down your throat saying "it's for your own good"... how would you feel?

If you are being honest, I Think you would be VERY upset. Probably more upset than what the somewhat restrained old TT community is being.

Also imagine what would happen in the SR forums. IT would be madness.

So, all we ask for is a choice. Let those who like the new map play it. For those that prefer the old (regardless of the reasons), let us play that.

Finally, we are not hundreds. We are thousands upon thousands. Your comment here is bad form. It ignores the right in your face petition of nearly 3000 signatures, the overwhelming majority of posts in favour of the old map and clearly shows your bias without evidence or facts.

If you wish to join this discussion as a reasonable voice, you must first do some research and make sure your comments can be supported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
You're right, I didn't play the old map that much. Its primary features were a very small pool of viable Champions, a very small player base, and a very narrowly defined, almost scripted metagame that featured very little variability and very little change. It was, in a word, boring, at least to those of us that like some variety and change.

It shouldn't be surprising, then, that Riot's efforts to remake the map have resulted in strongly negative feelings in this forum. The old club of TTers is seeing its game get turned upside down - and the old TT player base consisted, by and large, of players who don't like change and who don't like variety (if they did, they'd be playing Dominion or ARAM or SR or a combination of those).

The players asking for a remake of TT were players like myself, who liked the idea but didn't like the map and the limitations it imposed; the players who were saying "leave it alone, it's fine" were, by definition, the players who thought it was fine and were still playing it.

As I've said elsewhere, the numbers will decide this one. Riot will certainly give up on a hundred or so diehard old-map-TT-players if they get thousands more trying out Twisted Treeline and enjoying the new map.

Havenstance

10-31-2012

Here's the deal, we spend our money on this game.... SO contrary to what Riot thinks.... THEY in fact work for us. Now with that being said, we all either need to 1. Boycott League and Join SMITE!. or 2. Not spend anymore money on the game at all period unless they listen to us and give us back the map we want. In the real world when you work for someone if you don't do your job your fired. so why not fire riot? I love league in a way I can't describe. But its hard to love something when they say we don't give a **** what you think its time we make changes and we are going to ignore the rest of the community. its frustrating. I want to see a patch and I keep checking every day that gives us our old TT back in single 3v3 and the shadow isles in dominion mode 3v3. Riot I would love you all for this. that would be amazing if we could have this map for the 3v3 dominion its setup just like 3v3 is. but the Alters makes it Dominon. I love you guys for helping us out with it Riot we really do . Thank you for taking the time to listen to us if at least for a little bit. We asked for a new map and you listened you really did. but Please don't remove one of our favorite maps just to give us this horriffic piece of trash. Leave it for Domion game mode.

Exqzr

10-31-2012

Riot has given 2 reasons for not keep the old map.

1. It would split the 3 v 3 community.

2. Their software can't handle it.

Both reasons are B.S. Their is a REAL reason why they are doing this and I think I know why but it is pure speculation... So bear with me.

They want to appeal to a very young crowd 9 to 14ish as a means of getting yet more players playing/hooked on LoL and "feeding" the 5 v 5 cultural phenomenon. Actually it's brilliant and like a lot of what RIOT has done, they continue to amaze me with their pure business brilliance. I fault them not for making a business decision over a moral one.

This new map WILL appeal to a younger crowd. I already see it in my games. The "older" gamers are likely to shy away from this type of game experience.

If RIOT really is as customer focused as they say they are (I believe to an extent it's true), they will make the old map available at least in custom games.

Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havenstance View Post
Here's the deal, we spend our money on this game.... SO contrary to what Riot thinks.... THEY in fact work for us. Now with that being said, we all either need to 1. Boycott League and Join SMITE!. or 2. Not spend anymore money on the game at all period unless they listen to us and give us back the map we want. In the real world when you work for someone if you don't do your job your fired. so why not fire riot? I love league in a way I can't describe. But its hard to love something when they say we don't give a **** what you think its time we make changes and we are going to ignore the rest of the community. its frustrating. I want to see a patch and I keep checking every day that gives us our old TT back in single 3v3 and the shadow isles in dominion mode 3v3. Riot I would love you all for this. that would be amazing if we could have this map for the 3v3 dominion its setup just like 3v3 is. but the Alters makes it Dominon. I love you guys for helping us out with it Riot we really do . Thank you for taking the time to listen to us if at least for a little bit. We asked for a new map and you listened you really did. but Please don't remove one of our favorite maps just to give us this horriffic piece of trash. Leave it for Domion game mode.

Eye Candy Only

10-31-2012

Harrowing 2012: R.I.P. TT. I was looking forrward to this holiday in game and in real life. I am so upset that I can't even celebrate Holloween in real life. This is how I felt right before I had to call a divorce attorney.

Exqzr

11-01-2012

Day 6...

I've played about 30 games on the New Map. Smaller, tighter, meaner games.

Give me some space to roam!

Still begging!