Please Riot I am on my hands and knees begging you!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zalpha

10-30-2012

Fantastic Post, I feel the same way, as do all of my friends, more than ten of us agree that new one sucks, because they took away some of the core aspects that made 3vs3 fun and different. Now its a new that has no connection to the old, other than a name.

If you don't believe me, point out whats the same as the old one and I will ask the same question again but with and O'really? at the end of it...

Scrazlor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Nicely written I could read it all, that's a first..
I personally like the new TT just a little bit less, after 20 or so games it starts to grow on you.
A lot of the things from Part 3 I miss also, but I doubt that Riot will do anything about it.

Exqzr

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrazlor View Post
Nicely written I could read it all, that's a first..
I personally like the new TT just a little bit less, after 20 or so games it starts to grow on you.
A lot of the things from Part 3 I miss also, but I doubt that Riot will do anything about it.

Scrazlor, I am glad you could get through it

I can play the New map, barely. I am sure it will get better. But no matter what they do to it, it will never be as good as the Classic.

I can't see the harm in giving us the choice.

Nykidemus

10-31-2012

<3

FiRE MANiC

10-31-2012

I understand this completely, the old Twisted Treeline is so much better than the new one. It's cool that they're making new maps and all but the thing is. LoL NEEDS MORE MAPS. Keep both. Look over the new TT as well, it has great potential but its not quite there yet like the old map.

Condor xHMx

10-31-2012

Where are you, Riot?

Oh yeah. You are ignoring your fans and streaming games of you playing your awesome new map that has nothing to do with what your community wants. GG Riot, it was fun while it lasted.

Kwisatz Haderach

10-31-2012

Quote:
I like to play in the Solo Queue. Suits my need for an enjoyable, stress free gaming experience.
Drugs. You are on them.

Runix

10-31-2012

This was a long, well-thought-out post, so I think it deserves a long, well-thought-out response. Even if I completely disagree, which I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Part III What I Miss about the Classic TT

EPIC 1h and 20 minute games - everyone once in a while. ..
This may come as a shock, but there are a considerable number of players who were put off by the fact that TT games could very often go much longer than SR games, even though as a map it's supposed to play much more quickly.

Quote:
CAREFUL, beautifully constructed ganks.
You can still do this on the new map.

Quote:
THOUGHTFUL strategies and tactics

Quote:
GRATIFYING 1 v 1 match ups at full builds.
Because why should we have to fight as teams in, umm, a team game?

Quote:
AWESOME team fights at the dragon or Lizard
You can still do this on the new map, at the altars or at the Spider.

Quote:
SPARTA like Defense with both your inhibs and central turret down.
You can still do this on the new map - but you won't have that friendly laser doing all the hard work for you.

Quote:
CHASING a player though the top jungle forever and finally getting him just before he gets to safety
This may come as a shock to you, but endless chases through jungle were not an endearing feature of the old map for many players, including myself.

Quote:
BALLET like Turret dives with a determined defender

Quote:
SAVING a mate just in time

Quote:
PLAYING hide and seek and seeing who blinks first.
Unless you're playing one of the many Champions that doesn't have a low-cooldown blink available, in which case, you're in serious trouble.

Quote:
RAGING at Tryndamere cause he spun away for the tenth time!
Actually, many players found this sort of thing to be what was incredibly infuriating about this map, and not infuriating in a fun way.

Quote:
RUNNING for your life and laughing if you get away or tipping your hat if you get caught.

Quote:
OWNING top lane and roaming to crush Bottom.

Quote:
CARRYING your team if one or both of your mates are struggling.

Quote:
CAT AND MOUSE LANING - at least for a little while

Quote:
WELL TIMED pushes.

Quote:
BUFFS from somewhat durable Neutrals.
You can still do this on the new map, the buff from Spider is significant and lasts long enough to make a big difference.

Quote:
STRONG Static defenses.
Actually, a lot of players hated how static and defense-oriented this map could become, particularly in later stages of the game.

Quote:
CARING about the outcome.

Quote:
SUMMONER's RIFT light. Yeah that was the point wasn't it?
No, it wasn't.

Quote:
COLOUR and actual trees
Point taken, the map could use a bit more color.

Quote:
COMPETENT team mates. not SR players stopping in for a look/ coffee break.
Translation: this map was so much better when there were only a few of us playing it, all these new players have ruined everything.

Don't be surprised if Riot isn't exactly sympathetic to that argument . . .

Quote:
COMMUNITY of TTers that are passionate and dedicated to the Awesomeness that was 3 V 3
You can still have a community, though you may have to get used to the fact that it may be larger than the very small community that TT had previously because, you know, more people might actually want to play the new map.

Quote:
What we get in return is a GANK FEST where the only viable strat is to just run around in as a squad and engage. With hyper snowball and even more broken champs and team comps.
Team fights? :O The horror!

Haeval

Exqzr

10-31-2012

Honestly Runix,

To say these things means the following.

You never played the old TT all that much.

You will not play the new TT all that much.

Thanks for the post but no. you are just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
This was a long, well-thought-out post, so I think it deserves a long, well-thought-out response. Even if I completely disagree, which I do.

This may come as a shock, but there are a considerable number of players who were put off by the fact that TT games could very often go much longer than SR games, even though as a map it's supposed to play much more quickly.

Because why should we have to fight as teams in, umm, a team game?

You can still do this on the new map, at the altars or at the Spider.

You can still do this on the new map - but you won't have that friendly laser doing all the hard work for you.

This may come as a shock to you, but endless chases through jungle were not an endearing feature of the old map for many players, including myself.

Unless you're playing one of the many Champions that doesn't have a low-cooldown blink available, in which case, you're in serious trouble.

Actually, many players found this sort of thing to be what was incredibly infuriating about this map, and not infuriating in a fun way.

You can still do this on the new map, the buff from Spider is significant and lasts long enough to make a big difference.

Actually, a lot of players hated how static and defense-oriented this map could become, particularly in later stages of the game.

No, it wasn't.

Point taken, the map could use a bit more color.

Translation: this map was so much better when there were only a few of us playing it, all these new players have ruined everything.

Don't be surprised if Riot isn't exactly sympathetic to that argument . . .

You can still have a community, though you may have to get used to the fact that it may be larger than the very small community that TT had previously because, you know, more people might actually want to play the new map.

Team fights? :O The horror!