Constructive Criticism

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infinite azure

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTwinkles View Post
First off I feel the need to mention the fact that complaining about how the new TT sucks and how much you want the old one back accomplishes nothing. If you don't like it then tell riot why.

Second off do any of you realize this is a beta test? Do you even know what beta means? Riot is not necessarily removing the old one, they are just testing how the community responds to the new map. Who knows? Maybe if they made the right changes people will like the new map better than the old one.

It doesn't qualify as a ****ing beta test when it ruins the end of season ranked.

CLG HotdogGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

They need to bring other buffs back to the game.

Having only one buff to fight over for most the game leads to people just running mid over and over until one team comes out on top.

HoneyBunchsONope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
It doesn't qualify as a ****ing beta test when it ruins the end of season ranked.
Good point, but if it was released at the beginning of season 3 couldn't you also say it ruined the beginning of ranked season 3?

fiddlesticksssss

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
I don't understand. They said you keep w/e medal you had last. So whoever didn't get to cheat by getting diamond stopped at w/e they were, and will get those rewards.

Yokubo

10-25-2012

Add
Don't replace

LimitlessChaos

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathgarWarlord View Post
What about the petition to have both maps available to play in the game? Why has this not been addressed? You say you're reading our posts but you're ignoring a huge question and request.

Why can't we have both maps!?
If the answer to this question isn't obvious to you; there's probably some stuff you need to learn.

They aren't going to invest as much in resources as they did to just make a changed version of an existing map and then cannibalize the new map's userbase by putting its replaced predecessor in the rotation too.

Live with it; this is Twisted Treeline now. Riot's telling you to provide feedback - not keep singing the same song and dance. No company is going to keep a reversion on the table if they're investing as much time as they have into the project.

Remember how many people "petitioned" to get the "old" jungle brought back to Summoner's Rift? How'd that work out...? Oh right. New jungle's still here and it's been tweaked a lot since release.

Remember when Diana's Dark Valkyrie skin changed and all of the people who didn't like it cried on the forums to get it changed back? Go take a look at it and tell me which version didn't get brought back.

They're not going to make the old map magically come back; they'll adjust the new one, sure - that's why we're participating in the beta test for it, but you can give up on "petitioning" them to obstruct their own operations.

Resistance to change always happens but in the end, everyone will provide a lot of solid feedback and Riot will almost certainly make some changes to the parts that just don't fit right - lots of high Elo 3v3 teams don't seem to like the speed shrine, for example.

Edit: Also, lack of wards seems to be something else people strongly dislike. That's the kind of stuff you need to say; not needlessly begging for something they won't do since it'd quite literally be unhealthy for the 3v3 bracket. At the absolute most dire end, I could see them making the old one the "active" one for two more weeks until the season ends and then disabling it permanently; however, at this point, it doesn't look likely.

Hraagh

10-25-2012

What I do like:
New items.A lot of these are interesting. However, I see no good reason for disabling Bloodthirster. AD casters REALLY want that thing, because it's a cheap source of gigantic AD. Sanguine Blade is garbage for them, and IE is both expensive and wasted stats. The new AD caster item is nice, but we need more - don't give with one hand and take away with the other.

Higher starting cashIt's helpful to get the game going a bit sooner.

What I really dislike about the new map:

Snowball mechanics.
The altars are a snowball mechanic, and necessarily your champs must have powerful early game teamfight presence to contest them. This doesn't improve team diversity - it crushes it. If you pick late game bloomers, good luck getting there when the other team has 10% damage and +4 gold/kill the whole game. If you're Vlad-Vayne-Malphite against Cho'gath-Jayce-Brand, you're utterly screwed trying to fight over those. It would be MUCH more interesting if, instead of altars, they were buff camps. You can use them to help gank, steal them from the other jungler, etc.

Lack of wards. This hurts a team that is behind so much more. If you were ganked and put behind a little, you could throw in 75g to hold off ganks. You don't have this option here. So you'd better pick a champ with good mobility.

Lingering stealth detection. Zap someone with the 1-min-cooldown item and they're visible for 10 seconds. What's the point of picking a stealth champ when you don't get to use it? With a Vision Ward, you have to pay extra money and an inventory slot to negate their stealth, a much fairer trade. At most, these items should grant stealth detection of the area, not give full vision of the champion whereever they go. As is, they take away from pick diversity by neutering half the purpose of stealth (escape mechanic.)

Tiny map forces constant skirmishing. This is my biggest bone of contention. If I wanted Dominion, I'd play it. As it is, the champions that do best are the ones that have a strong early game and want to end it early.

Speed Shrine. This thing really doesn't belong at all. All it does is make the map even smaller.

MiTHMoN

Recruiter

10-25-2012

My three cents:

1. Keep the old Twisted Treeline map as it was. This new map should be renamed and made it's own map (it just doesn't compare at all to the old TT, they are completely different). It's like replacing Summoner's Rift with Dominion...

2. Please make the lane minions travel more to the middle of the lanes (they were hugging the upper edge of the lane when coming out of base in bottom lane) and possibly make them tankier. They just seemed to melt so fast when I played.

3. Thank you for making the effort to add and change things to keep the game exciting, just please, don't take my beloved Twisted Treeline from me. When I first started I would only play TT, and while it is very annoying to have a Yi backdoor with revive, the map isn't bad.

Menomena

10-25-2012

The new map is terrible, please give me back what we had. The layout now makes sure their is no need to get creeps at all becuase you can move around so much. It's all just luck or picking op lvl 1 champs. You made the map less viable.

Shrines, i dont play dominion for a reason, because I think the shrines and buffs you can just get with no effort are lame.

This map is just making the game less skill less and more luck and champion select based.

The Mystic Goose

10-25-2012

Could you please just make the old TTL available to play while the new one is still a beta?

Seems kinda wrong to take it away.