Constructive Criticism

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graogg

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathgarWarlord View Post
But the games are completely different... ?
They are different but not fundamentally so. They fill a similar player niche.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joseph Dom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

It seems too easy to snowball in the map. When one team gets up on kills it feels like there is no safe place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graogg

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Dom View Post
It seems too easy to snowball in the map. When one team gets up on kills it feels like there is no safe place.
There does seem to be no safe farming options once you are a certain amount behind. They can just trap you in your base, or jump you in the forest when you face check (lol no wards).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HoneyBunchsONope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graogg View Post
That would be a huge fragment of the already small TT playerbase. The health of the map really can't afford a separate flavor with a separate queue.

They could possibly allow it as a custom game option, but it would still feel a very hacky way of doing it. We just need to focus on making the current TT the best TT and not worry about the old version then.
This is not necessarily true. Not once have I been in a queue on the old TT and waited long than a minute. Take the math into consideration. Even if it was only 1% of the 32 million monthly players, that's a 320,000 player base which is even greater than the sales of some online games. Even if that was cut in half there would still be enough players to make matches with.

To your second point this new map *IS* riot's current method of improving on the old map. Again this is just a beta test. For all we know they could just scrap this map and make slight map changes to the old TT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-25-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathgarWarlord View Post
What about the petition to have both maps available to play in the game? Why has this not been addressed? You say you're reading our posts but you're ignoring a huge question and request.

Why can't we have both maps!?
That's not a question that I can answer because I am not the person who can/will make that call. I am answering and responding to the things that I am able to: performance stuff and light design questions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WrathgarWarlord

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTwinkles View Post

To your second point this new map *IS* riot's current method of improving on the old map. Again this is just a beta test. For all we know they could just scrap this map and make slight map changes to the old TT.
I hope this happens.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WrathgarWarlord

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
That's not a question that I can answer because I am not the person who can/will make that call. I am answering and responding to the things that I am able to: performance stuff and light design questions.
So tell me who I need to talk to!? Come on man! Who's the higher up that makes that call? Tell us so we can bring our request to him or her for that matter!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I want to highlight some things for players.

Saying "omg riot ******** map lame, I don't like ********* rabble rabble rabble" isn't going to be as influential as taking the time to play multiple games and writing out a post with decent arguments for specific things that you think should be changed.

In addition, just because we haven't posted in a thread doesn't mean we haven't read it.


---

Now, one thing i'd like to talk about that you brought up is lack of diversity for picks. I've managed to play 150+ games personally on the map all throughout its creation. I have found that running a balanced comp with an AD carry, mage, and tanky dude is the most successful. However, a 150 game sample size is quite small. This is why we are monitoring data from games and feedback from the forums so in the coming weeks we can tweak aspects of both the map and items to get things where we want them.
Jax/tryndamere/darius are still the top 3 on this map. Blackfire being completely broken does counter them, but then that does end up limiting the viability. Cassio built blackfire against a team of Renekton/Ez/Malzahard. She ults and EZ/Malz are almost immediately 1 shot by the high damage and blackfire constantly procing from her poison. The % health burn is way to much for a mage to be allowed to carry around. It works on Ads, because if they want to use it extremely effectively they need attackspeed I.E Fiora. However anything with sustained magic has no problem destroying any 1v1 competition depending on skill level. I normally play with silver/gold elo players so...i will say mediocre players can easily 1v1 other mediocre players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HoneyBunchsONope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Now, one thing i'd like to talk about that you brought up is lack of diversity for picks. I've managed to play 150+ games personally on the map all throughout its creation. I have found that running a balanced comp with an AD carry, mage, and tanky dude is the most successful. However, a 150 game sample size is quite small. This is why we are monitoring data from games and feedback from the forums so in the coming weeks we can tweak aspects of both the map and items to get things where we want them.
This may indeed be true, but in those 150+ games have you tried a fair amount of games against an all bruiser team? Specifically speaking jax, lee sin, and darius. I think a main problem with this, is that people are so used to the old meta, and too many people feel like the only way to counter it is just more bruisers. Now I could just be completely wrong here, but in my experiences I just can't farm enough early game to snowball faster then the bruisers to deal damage to them late game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I want to highlight some things for players.

Saying "omg riot ******** map lame, I don't like ********* rabble rabble rabble" isn't going to be as influential as taking the time to play multiple games and writing out a post with decent arguments for specific things that you think should be changed.

In addition, just because we haven't posted in a thread doesn't mean we haven't read it.


---

Now, one thing i'd like to talk about that you brought up is lack of diversity for picks. I've managed to play 150+ games personally on the map all throughout its creation. I have found that running a balanced comp with an AD carry, mage, and tanky dude is the most successful. However, a 150 game sample size is quite small. This is why we are monitoring data from games and feedback from the forums so in the coming weeks we can tweak aspects of both the map and items to get things where we want them.
Funny... I've been playing since PBE and I have come to the same conclusion


123456 ... 7