FPS drop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowMetaWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

My fps suffers as well, not sure why with everything all low but some particles and spells cause me to lag and unable to move or cast spells in teamfights.

MrGbounds

10-25-2012

I got from 35-40 to 5-9 fps regardless of my settings, while even seeing karthus or anything about him.
I play with the lowest settings on everything and my shadows are off. Everything is fine until he walks around on my screen..

MaybeitsMalzahar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Yeah after this patch whenever I see vaynes ult or vlads pool my frame rate goes from 60 to between 7-10. There are some others that I haven't figured out the connection for but those 2 are for sure.

Angelique

10-25-2012

@Dannamoth

Just some info to help you pin point new issues.
I've had consistent 60 fps (top rig here)
after this patch vladmir's blood pool, and only his blood pool, when activated, drops fps to below 10 for it's duration, and only it's duration.
Ziggs ult also hits the fps down a notch, for a second, but not nearly as severe. I play on max settings. 60 fps capped.

AceZz

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
So, from what you guys are reporting it sounds like the FPS issues are only prevalent when certain abilities are used or just particles going off in general?
YES! Karth ult, Vayne ult, Jayce acceleration gate, and some other champs kill my fps.
i know i dont have the best PC in the world but i normally get a constant 60 FPS and it almost never goes down. untill this patch.

Jack Anansi

10-25-2012

I noticed this when my brother was playing Draven today. The particles on the ground from his Spinning Axes was dropping his FPS horribly, resulting in a bunch of missed axes. It's the same slowdown I recall getting with Corki Valkyrie and Leblanc Distortion a while back (which was the reason I stopped playing them both).

I haven't had a chance to try it out myself, post-patch. But I remember that deleting the file that contained Leblanc's distortion particle completely removed the fps-drops for me back then. There was just a green blob on the ground instead of the fancy icon, and my gameplay improved immensely.

Linaeus

10-25-2012

I haven't had a chance to play since this patch came out, but for the previous patch, 5 minutes into a match, if Vladmir was on the screen, not even doing anything, my FPS would go to ~48. When he was off the screen, my FPS would be normal. Turning shadows off made it go to ~72. I get around 170-195 with everything else on high 1920x1080.

Zentrid

10-25-2012

60 fps normally, Teamfights 20-25fps or just with Zyra

Masv

10-25-2012

all i know is that my fps tanked after the TF patch and doesnt change regardless of my settings.. i used to run on maxed settings at 50 fps... now i cant hardly scrape by with 10fps for most of a game...

one curious question never noticed this before but i have an "Intel HD Graphics Family" in my display devices... as well as my Nvidia card... and i dont see my Nvidia on the directX diagnostic tool... could this be causing the issue?

^went i read the diagnostic it showed up... it just isnt displayed under the "display" tab on the diagnostic screen.

Mr Mystical

10-25-2012

I'm getting some drop in FPS as well ...not a lot but sure not as steady as my FPS runs on SR. Here's my dxdiag