Hi, I'm a ranked 3v3s player and I have some constructive thoughts for the new TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyning

10-25-2012

Heya! I'm Cardamominal and I'm a 1236 rated TT player. Now, while this may not be as good as some of the golds or plats, I have some thoughts on the new map.

Overall, it's pretty good. I greatly like the change to the neutral minions. Warwick is no longer trapped top all game lol.

Altars are pretty good. They're still a new concept to me, but I like the general idea. They give the team something to fight about mid game that's equivalent to Ebonmaw's old buff in power and difficulty to seize.

However, I've noticed that some champions are very, very weak on the new TT, and others are in need of some post release fixes.

On the weak side we've got Vladimir and Mordekaiser.

These two seem very vulnerable on this map due to:

• Their tendency to harass themselves more than other champions normally would.
  • Inability to really duel another champion prior to receiving revolver.
  • High frequency of health burning items

Adding a small spell vamp item to the map, such as something that costs 800g but provides say 3% spell vamp and 3% ms (to make up for the fact they can't buy boots if they get this) may fix this issue.

Provided the user has spell vamp quints and the mastery, this would give 12% total spell vamp when combined with the 9% possible from runes and masteries and be roughly equivalent to a revolver.

However, to prevent people from stacking this, I propose to make its 3% spell vamp and 5% movement speed a unique passive and have it build into a different sort of revolver with the same healing effects of the current revolver, but with the 5% ms on it, all while banning the current revolver on 3s and replacing it entirely in other recipes, such as the one for gunblade.

This would be perfectly balanced, however, in the fact that ignite would still be a strong counter to either champion, but would fix both their early game sustain issues and lack of mobility relative to other mages or tanks.

Now that's out of the way, let's move on to the issue of slightly overpowered champions.

These champions include these following characteristics:
  • Blinks
  • Other forms of high mobility
  • Skill-based wards
  • CC

Presently, the only champions that really exhibit these symptoms together are Shaco, Teemo, Nidalee, Caitlyn, and Maokai.

My proposition to fix their theoretical strength is to increase the cooldown on their warding skills and/or decrease the length of time any one of their items can be on the field.

Teemo, for instance, is currently the biggest issue due to his near unlimited amount of shrooms he can place on the map in the average run time of the game. This gives the team with Teemo an unfair advantage and forces the enemy to pick Nidalee or Maokai to counter his warding, and as such limits the amount of viable team comps.

Alternatively, Teemo, Maokai, Nidalee, Caitlyn, and Shaco could run on ammo systems in this map similar to how Heimerdinger currently works. This shouldn't affect their presence in fights too negatively and should actually give them incentive to use them in fights rather than for protection, similar to how Heimerdingers rarely ward with their turrets anymore ever since they lost the ability to place seven of them.

Hope my input was helpful! I look forward to an improved experience on the new TT map. Keep up the good work, Riot.

Cyning

10-25-2012

High traffic in this forum today. Bump.

Pooks In Boots

10-25-2012

You pretty much summed up the 3v3 meta, and talked out vladimir's and mordekaiser's weak points. They both have their own perk that counter-balances the health cost, which are mord's shield and Vlad's health gain. Adding a new spell vamp item wouldn't really be much of a change. Besides, if mobility is a characteristic of successful champions then why don't you start boots+amp tome and an hp pot. My personal choice is regrowth pendant for those 2

Anyway, I think this doesn't really apply mush to TT but it's a good post.

Gaffle89

10-25-2012

The new TT is Horrid

Cyning

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooksinBoots View Post
You pretty much summed up the 3v3 meta, and talked out vladimir's and mordekaiser's weak points. They both have their own perk that counter-balances the health cost, which are mord's shield and Vlad's health gain. Adding a new spell vamp item wouldn't really be much of a change. Besides, if mobility is a characteristic of successful champions then why don't you start boots+amp tome and an hp pot. My personal choice is regrowth pendant for those 2

Anyway, I think this doesn't really apply mush to TT but it's a good post.
So I tried out your regrowth pendant + boots + my 9% spell vamp runes and masteries and I have to say that it works quite well. I like this idea, though it still doesn't help his dueling ability with it, sadly. Though, I *was* able to 1 v 2 a bot lane by being incredibly passive and relying on Warwick's ganks. But, his early game is still rather weak. Too bad he doesn't have the ridiculous early game he had in the old TT lol.

The latter issue would be nice for Riot to address, though.