Spectre, the Phantom Assassin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drake O Dagger

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viendra View Post
I'd would like to see this, IagNZ has some points, really do see how his w could be op (mini Janna ult)
Umm.... as a Janna player, I can say this W is NOTHING like Janna's Ult. That comment was about the OLD W, which has long since been replaced.

Hunterro

03-04-2013

the champion on dota they are talking about is Phantom Assasin. they are very similar but league is based from dota anyway

Drake O Dagger

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterro View Post
the champion on dota they are talking about is Phantom Assasin. they are very similar but league is based from dota anyway
The name is similar. That is ALL that is similar.

Drake O Dagger

03-08-2013

Change Log

10/25

• Added the restriction to Intangibility that you can only pass through 1 terrain per use.
11/2
  • Abandoned the champion due to the concept being broken according to several people.
2/10/2013
  • Decided to give this champion another shot now that I've cooled down from my frustration. Redid all his base stats to bring them in line with current stats now that I've finally gotten off my lazy butt and looked up how the averages have changed since like 2-3 years ago when the game first started (which is what I've been using).
  • Removed all AP ratios. Turned AP ratio on E (now Q), Ecto-Blast, to scaling based on bonus health.
  • Spectral Shield (W) completely reworked into Spectral Aura.
  • Invisibility (was Q, now E) clarified to say it does NOT crit the bonus damage.
  • Minor tweaks to costs and cooldowns, and clarification of various skills where needed.

DarthDevor

03-10-2013

I really like this champion and his passive sounds like it could make him an effective jungler and his stealth adds on to that.

Things I Noticed That Seemed OP/UP To me-
W- Effectively every 10 seconds you can have an easy escape and deal a lot of damage. Seems not majorly OP but could be nerfed weather it be CD or damage.

Base AD at Lvl 1 is extremely low. When reading threw the posts 61 sounded fine as many champions(Like Garen) with masteries start out with close to 70 or higher.

Overall I love the concept and would be him.

Drake O Dagger

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDevor View Post
I really like this champion and his passive sounds like it could make him an effective jungler and his stealth adds on to that.

Things I Noticed That Seemed OP/UP To me-
W- Effectively every 10 seconds you can have an easy escape and deal a lot of damage. Seems not majorly OP but could be nerfed weather it be CD or damage.

Base AD at Lvl 1 is extremely low. When reading threw the posts 61 sounded fine as many champions(Like Garen) with masteries start out with close to 70 or higher.

Overall I love the concept and would be him.
XD Okay, first off, Garen's base damage is 52.5, which is average. The HIGH END of champions is 58. The low end is 42.2. 50 is actually pretty average.

As for W being an escape/high damage ability, you're wrong on the damage part. The damage really isn't that impressive unless you build a lot of health, and even then, its only really impressive while possessing a body. Overall, compared to other champions with AoE and AP ratios, other champions will on average do more damage late game with a similar effect.

Wolf O Donnel

04-19-2013

Q is wayyy to much true damage, Cho gath's ultimate does a base 1000 true damage and it does not increase
E stealth is to long, Twitch's stealth maxed out is only 8 seconds unless your doing what mine is, stealth for a short duration but then can be seen if an enemy is to close.
the passive was slightly confusing but interesting.

Drake O Dagger

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymara2 View Post
Q is wayyy to much true damage, Cho gath's ultimate does a base 1000 true damage and it does not increase
E stealth is to long, Twitch's stealth maxed out is only 8 seconds unless your doing what mine is, stealth for a short duration but then can be seen if an enemy is to close.
the passive was slightly confusing but interesting.
XD Okay, this made me laugh a bit. You should have actually done some math before claiming Q did too much true damage. To do even just 100 true damage requires 4000 health while possessing a body, and costs 100 health + 80 mana. The true damage is VERY small overall, but still enough to be useful. Also, the amount of damage goes down each time you get hit or use the skill, as it's CURRENT health.

As for the stealth being too long, 12 seconds is still barely anything. Being longer than the current longest stealth doesn't automatically make it broken. I feel 12 is still short enough to be balanced.

Solareclipse460

06-10-2013

Hey Drake o Dagger! Cool champion but there are some problems with this champion, unfortunately. Mainly his passive (Note: most of his skills are fine except the passive)
Passive: Simply, quite unique, but with power follows great responsibility. This is very good logical thinking, but probably can never implement into the world of the League of Legends. I am sorry, I don't mean to be so critical. I am not sure how this can be worked around, SORRY
Q: Good skill, works with his passive quite well!
W: Nice skill, like the others.
E: Stealth is an epic mechanic, so this has to be good
R: Very epic ultimate, I have no reason to hate at this skill and there is no reason why it needs to be tweaked (coming from my perspective, which isn't very experienced :3)
Overall, I like Spectre but I am now stuck with constantly thinking about how to improve this passive to be balanced :/