Spectre, the Phantom Assassin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhD Support

02-12-2013

lol that ult i had the same idea :/ cept the champ could put it on others since he'd be a support.

ShadyKilling

02-16-2013

I'm just wondering is he able to control champions? i mean that's the "gimmick" so to speak isn't it? give him the ability to control champions for 3, 5, 7 seconds(levels 6, 11, 18) i think it would fit spectre to be able to do something like that

also as to the champion himself i dont see many problems but have it so that when the minions dies he reappears with 70% of his max hp or take away 25% of the minions hp from your orginal base health stat

also dont know if this is any help but im thinking this might solve the Q problem but idk

Q : Passive : grants 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 % magic penetration
:Active : deals 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 and sacrifices stolen body and 5, 7, 9, 11, 12 of your max mana and current hp to deal 15, 20, 35, 50, 65% of its monsters hp + 50% of mp + hp taken from you(+.4 ap), in magic damage damage (if this is used 17, 15, 13, 11, 9 seconds cooldown)

(example lvl 2 gank controlling the golem buff ) you would deal :
15% of monster hp(150) +
5% of your max mp(300*.05 = 15 / 2 = 7) +
5% of current hp taking damage with a leash and smite you should have about 370 so you would deal another (370*.05 = 18.5)

so your total damage would be 50 + 150 + 7 + 18 = 225 magic damage at level two remember though you lose 5% of your max mana your monster and 5% of your current health so its risky but at the same time is high damage

: if no monster is possessed he sacrifices 5% of max mana and 15% of current health to deal , 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 true damage of the amount of hp and mp taken (if this is used 11, 10, 9, 8, 7 seconds cooldown)
: (+.6 ap)(+.2 hp)

you killed golem buff didn't control him and went to gank at lvl 2
5% mana (300*.05 = 15 ) +
15% current health (about 370 *.15 = 55) +
100 base damage
total = 170 true damage

sacrificing his monster and some health and mana to get a possible kill or deal major damage this gives it a more risk / reward feel to the ability ability (note the math it is skeptical at best also the numbers representing the mana and health added to the damage are also lost to you as well so its basically you lose mana and hp equivalent to the damage your going to deal) also why the first one does more damage is because its MAGIC damage not true damage and therefore can be reduced with runes and masteries

this is just a suggestion i have no idea if it suits what you want or need

Drake O Dagger

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyKilling View Post
I'm just wondering is he able to control champions? i mean that's the "gimmick" so to speak isn't it? give him the ability to control champions for 3, 5, 7 seconds(levels 6, 11, 18) i think it would fit spectre to be able to do something like that
No, he is not able to control champions, as that would be without a doubt broken, at any length of time. He possesses only monsters, pets, and creeps.

ShadyKilling

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake O Dagger View Post
No, he is not able to control champions, as that would be without a doubt broken, at any length of time. He possesses only monsters, pets, and creeps.
kk i guess it would be slightly overpowered but i was thinking along the lines of something like morder :P

ShadyKilling

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagNZ View Post
- Passive sounds both OP and very difficult to code, plus can freeze lanes

ummm the minion is dead your minions would stop attacking and move on to the next one ... at least that's what i imagine would happen so i have no idea how it would freeze a lane

WolfeOrome

03-01-2013

I've read your original post and most of the comments on here, so I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of what you're trying to do here. I agree that the passive would be very difficult to code, but I was thinking maybe it would work better if the possession wasn't him going inside the minion or monster, but rather turning them into a pet. Like, if you killed the Ancient Golem, he can be revived at a percentage of his max health and you can control him the same way that Annie controls Tibbers or how Shaco controls his duplicate. However, I feel like this would make more sense as an active than a passive. Or put it on a cooldown, like how some passives can only happen once every 3 minutes or so. Just a suggestion.
I really don't know the numbers well enough off the top of my head to comment on whether the other skills are OP as some people are suggesting. He does have a lot of escapes however, and if used correctly he could be impossible to catch up with. Especially if he ran Flash, he could turn invisible then Flash away and be impossible to catch. It might work better to make his invisibility and stuff last for a shorter amount of time.
Just a few suggestions. Overall, this looks like a really cool idea for a champion. I would totally buy him. He seems kind of like Shaco crossed with Zed in my opinion.

PS- I really like your concept of possession and stuff, but it seems like it might cause some problems in coding and all. I'm not saying I think my idea is better, but it's an idea htat might help with the coding issue.

Gold and Sword

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagNZ View Post
Isnt this stolen from DotA? >_>
alright there is spectre and phantom assassin in dota, but they are totally different. bte i dont think league can have this champ, even its balanced, people will just yell op

Drake O Dagger

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfeOrome View Post
I've read your original post and most of the comments on here, so I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of what you're trying to do here. I agree that the passive would be very difficult to code, but I was thinking maybe it would work better if the possession wasn't him going inside the minion or monster, but rather turning them into a pet. Like, if you killed the Ancient Golem, he can be revived at a percentage of his max health and you can control him the same way that Annie controls Tibbers or how Shaco controls his duplicate. However, I feel like this would make more sense as an active than a passive. Or put it on a cooldown, like how some passives can only happen once every 3 minutes or so. Just a suggestion.
I really don't know the numbers well enough off the top of my head to comment on whether the other skills are OP as some people are suggesting. He does have a lot of escapes however, and if used correctly he could be impossible to catch up with. Especially if he ran Flash, he could turn invisible then Flash away and be impossible to catch. It might work better to make his invisibility and stuff last for a shorter amount of time.
Just a few suggestions. Overall, this looks like a really cool idea for a champion. I would totally buy him. He seems kind of like Shaco crossed with Zed in my opinion.

PS- I really like your concept of possession and stuff, but it seems like it might cause some problems in coding and all. I'm not saying I think my idea is better, but it's an idea htat might help with the coding issue.
I love how people think coding this would be hard. Coding this champion would be VERY easy. There is nothing difficult as far as coding goes.

As for the difficulty in killing him, that's intentional. This is a tough little guy to kill. He's also fragile if you catch him, and vulnerable to death if he doesn't have a possessed body.

wasdcake

03-01-2013

no idea about stats but i like the concept, It is a little like gimmicky but that is not bad

Quote:
Passive - Possession:

When Spectre would kill a monster (or pet or minion, though I’ll use the term monster for the remainder of this spell), the monster is instead put into stasis for 3 seconds (effectively stunned, but its still technically dead). If Spectre attacks a monster that is affected by Possession, he Possesses that monster, taking its body for himself (this counts as killing it). His stats become the stats of the possessed monster (including special abilities like the Wraith’s lifesteal) except for mana and health, with 25% of their max health instead of their full health, and retaining Spectre's Mana. Spectre’s items still apply their stat boosts, passive, and active effects. If Spectre does not Possess the monster, it dies after the stasis ends. When a monster Spectre is possessing dies, he appears where the possessed monster was with 75% of the health he had when he possessed the monster.

This does NOT work on Baron Nashor, Dragon, or other similar “boss” monsters, but it does work on Buff Monsters like Golem and Lizard.
does it work on annie bear cause that might be op, I would add a cooldown to the whole passive, but also how do you posses, this seems more like an ability, also maybe add a max time of possession that scales with level

Quote:
Q - Ecto-Blast:

By pushing his ectoplasmic magic into his hand, Spectre fires an energy blast at target enemy dealing 85/130/175/220/265 (+10% bonus Health) Magic Damage. If used while possessing a body, this costs an additional 2.5% of that body’s current health, and deals an equal amount of True Damage to the enemy hit.

Cooldown: 6 seconds

Cost: 60/65/70/75/80

Range: 450
"10% bonus health" is that spectre's or the target. good i might add scaling cd

Quote:
W - Spectral Aura:

Passive - Gathering his ghostly energy, Spectre forms an aura of power around himself. His auto-attacks deal 20/30/40/50/60 (+5% of the max health of a Possessed body not counting items, +2.5% of your bonus health) bonus Magic Damage. This is disabled while the skill is on cooldown.

Active - Spectre charges up the power of his aura, then releases it in an explosion, knocking all enemies within 200 units back 400 units and dealing 125/155/185/215/245 (+5% of the max health of a Possessed body, +2.5% of your bonus health) Magic Damage to all enemies hit.

Cooldown: 10 seconds

Cost: 65/70/75/80/85
i don't like this ability, i would move the passive here get rid of this and find a new passive

Quote:
E - Invisibility:

Using his natural spectral powers, Spectre turns invisible after 1.25 seconds (delayed upto 3 seconds by damage), taking any body he might be possessing with him, for 4/6/8/10/12 seconds. If this stealth ends while possessing a body, the first auto-attack deals 120/140/160/180/200% damage instead (this is treated as bonus damage, so the extra damage does not crit). If the stealth ends while not possessing a body, Spectre gains 20% bonus Movement Speed for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds.

Cooldown: 20 seconds (as people have commented on this CD being short enough that CD can "allow for permastealth", I'd like to point out CD doesn't start on stealth until it ends)

Cost: 75
seems to fit the character well, not much to say

Quote:
R - Intangibility:

Taking advantage of his ghostly nature, Spectre can turn himself (and any body he is possessing) Intangible, granting him immunity to damage, ignoring unit collision, and allowing him to move through terrain for 2/3/4 seconds. If he is still in terrain when this effect ends, he is immediately moved to the nearest empty space. Spectre can only move through 1 terrain per use of this spell (1 terrain meaning after he enters a terrain, once he exits that terrain, he cannot enter another terrain for the rest of the duration).

Gathering his power after letting himself become intangible for a moment, Spectre’s next attack (spell or auto-attack) within 4 seconds deals 50/100/150 bonus Magic Damage. If he is possessing a body when Intangibility is activated, the body explodes, dealing it's remaining health as Magic Damage to all enemies within 300 units.

Cooldown: 150 seconds

Cost: 100
i like the idea, again not much to say but i would make the next attack thing stun and deal less damage

Overall: good job, a few problems, one you didn't scale cd or mana on most of them if thats what u want leave it but..., and no scaling of AD or AP in the ablilies, every champion needs that

if you need clarification just ask and here are my champs

here are some passive that might work if you moved the passive to an ability

Boo!-after not attacking for 10 seconds his next ability will taunt for .5 of a second

Shield-every basic attack gains a shield of 5% of the damage for later, when under 30% health Spectre gets this shield

Viendra

03-03-2013

I'd would like to see this, IagNZ has some points, really do see how his w could be op (mini Janna ult)