Spectre, the Phantom Assassin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drake O Dagger

10-25-2012

A collection of all my champions can be found here.

This champion was abandoned, but I'm going to give it one last try. I've clarified a lot, and tweaked what I could without completely destroying the concept of Possession that was at the core of the champion. A change log is on the last page (I use it as a bump post, so its easy to find).

----------

Spectre, the Phantom Assassin

----------

Health: 410 (+75 per level, 1760)
Mana: 250 (+50 per level, 1150)
Damage: 50 (+3 per level, 104)
Attack Speed: 0.625 (+0.025 per level, 1.075)
Armor: 15 (+3 per level, 69)
Magic Resist: 30
Movement Speed: 340
Range: 125

----------

Passive - Possession:

When Spectre would kill a monster (or pet or minion, though I’ll use the term monster for the remainder of this spell), the monster is instead put into stasis for 3 seconds (effectively stunned, but its still technically dead). If Spectre attacks a monster that is affected by Possession, he Possesses that monster, taking its body for himself (this counts as killing it). His stats become the stats of the possessed monster (including special abilities like the Wraith’s lifesteal) except for mana and health, with 25% of their max health instead of their full health, and retaining Spectre's Mana. Spectre’s items still apply their stat boosts, passive, and active effects. If Spectre does not Possess the monster, it dies after the stasis ends. When a monster Spectre is possessing dies, he appears where the possessed monster was with 75% of the health he had when he possessed the monster.

This does NOT work on Baron Nashor, Dragon, or other similar “boss” monsters, but it does work on Buff Monsters like Golem and Lizard.

It should be noted that while you DO get the benefits of the monster's stats, you also get their downsides. Below is a full example of a level 2 Spectre possessing an Ancient Golem (it would be level 1, but killing it gives enough XP to level up anyway, so it would be impossible to be level 1).

Health: 375 (When he respawns after he no longer possesses the Golem, he will have 367 health, or 75% of 485)
Mana: 300
Damage: 65
Attack Speed: 0.613
Armor: 20
Magic Resist: 0
Movement Speed: 200
Range: ??? (125)

You also gained the Buff for killing the golem, but you aren't continuously getting it so it only lasts 5 minutes like normal.

Here's another example of Ancient Golem at the 30 minute mark (that is, 30 minutes after it's spawned), with a level 10 Spectre.

Health: 1050 (your health was 1160 assuming no damage (yeah right), so you'd respawn with 870)
Mana: 850
Damage: 119 (80 normally)
Attack Speed: 0.613 (0.875)
Armor: 20 (45)
Magic Resist: 0 (30)
Movement Speed: 200 (340)
Range: ??? (125)

As you can see, the Ancient Golem's health basically means you've got close to double your normal health assuming you've reached level 10 by this point (less if you've got a higher level).

Here's an alternate example of a Level 1 Giant Wolf being possessed.

Health: 275 (410, 308 left after the body dies)
Mana: 250
Damage: 35 (50)
Attack Speed: 0.679 (0.625)
Armor: 9 (15)
Magic Resist: 0 (30)
Critical Strike Chance: 25%
Movement Speed: 443 (340)
Range: 150 (125)

As I'm sure it will eventually come up, here's a clarification on how health items work with Possession. When possessing an Ancient Golem at level 4 (you have 1000 bonus health from items, masteries, and runes) after 6 minutes have passed, having taken lets say 450 damage, your health at the time of possession was 1260. The golem had 2040. Your new health in the possessed body is based on changing your base health for 25% of the health of the new body, giving you (2040 * 0.25 = 510, 1260 - 710 = 550, 550 + 510 = 1060) health. When this Ancient Golem dies, you will return with (1260 * 0.75 = 945) health. This makes you very tough to kill if you stack health items, but you will quickly be worn down from repeated deaths. Because of this, while using Minions is possible, normal Minions will quickly drain your overall health (though they WILL make you tougher to kill overall).

----------

Q - Ecto-Blast:

By pushing his ectoplasmic magic into his hand, Spectre fires an energy blast at target enemy dealing 85/130/175/220/265 (+10% bonus Health) Magic Damage. If used while possessing a body, this costs an additional 2.5% of that body’s current health, and deals an equal amount of True Damage to the enemy hit.

Cooldown: 6 seconds

Cost: 60/65/70/75/80

Range: 450

----------

W - Spectral Aura:

Passive - Gathering his ghostly energy, Spectre forms an aura of power around himself. His auto-attacks deal 20/30/40/50/60 (+5% of the max health of a Possessed body not counting items, +2.5% of your bonus health) bonus Magic Damage. This is disabled while the skill is on cooldown.

Active - Spectre charges up the power of his aura, then releases it in an explosion, knocking all enemies within 200 units back 400 units and dealing 125/155/185/215/245 (+5% of the max health of a Possessed body, +2.5% of your bonus health) Magic Damage to all enemies hit.

Cooldown: 10 seconds

Cost: 65/70/75/80/85

----------

E - Invisibility:

Using his natural spectral powers, Spectre turns invisible after 1.25 seconds (delayed upto 3 seconds by damage), taking any body he might be possessing with him, for 4/6/8/10/12 seconds. If this stealth ends while possessing a body, the first auto-attack deals 120/140/160/180/200% damage instead (this is treated as bonus damage, so the extra damage does not crit). If the stealth ends while not possessing a body, Spectre gains 20% bonus Movement Speed for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds.

Cooldown: 20 seconds (as people have commented on this CD being short enough that CD can "allow for permastealth", I'd like to point out CD doesn't start on stealth until it ends)

Cost: 75

----------

R - Intangibility:

Taking advantage of his ghostly nature, Spectre can turn himself (and any body he is possessing) Intangible, granting him immunity to damage, ignoring unit collision, and allowing him to move through terrain for 2/3/4 seconds. If he is still in terrain when this effect ends, he is immediately moved to the nearest empty space. Spectre can only move through 1 terrain per use of this spell (1 terrain meaning after he enters a terrain, once he exits that terrain, he cannot enter another terrain for the rest of the duration).

Gathering his power after letting himself become intangible for a moment, Spectre’s next attack (spell or auto-attack) within 4 seconds deals 50/100/150 bonus Magic Damage. If he is possessing a body when Intangibility is activated, the body explodes, dealing it's remaining health as Magic Damage to all enemies within 300 units.

Cooldown: 150 seconds

Cost: 100

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Isnt this stolen from DotA? >_>

Drake O Dagger

10-26-2012

Can't be. Never played DotA.

EDIT: Just looked up the Spectre of DotA. How could you consider them even SLIGHTLY similar? They're nothing alike! All they share is a name!

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

- 61 AD at level1 is kinda high.

- it should be 125 range not 115.

- Passive sounds both OP and very difficult to code, plus can freeze lanes

- Q can be OP if you Crit at the same time, if an exception is added that makes Crits only affect your AD then its fine.

- W has too much potential to be OP

- E sounds blatantly OP, even more so with the true damage

- Ult sounds fine

Drake O Dagger

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagNZ View Post
- 61 AD at level1 is kinda high.

- it should be 125 range not 115.

- Passive sounds both OP and very difficult to code, plus can freeze lanes

- Q can be OP if you Crit at the same time, if an exception is added that makes Crits only affect your AD then its fine.

- W has too much potential to be OP

- E sounds blatantly OP, even more so with the true damage

- Ult sounds fine
I shall direct you here.

Then I shall point out why I disagree with everything stated here.

First off, why should the range be 125? That makes the least sense of your statements to me, so I'm not going to go further than asking why you think I should increase the range to the highest melee attack range possible.

The rest of this post I can sum up very simply: saying something is OP without explaining WHY, or providing a similar effect that you feel accomplishes the same core intent but isn't broken, is USELESS! All it really does is irritate people, and provides no real useful feedback. I don't even understand wtf you mean by "plus can freeze lanes". A Crit on Q would just deal 300% damage (at max) rather than 200% (base damage added two times rather than three), and that's FAR from broken, especially with the way it works. The highest AD you can use as a base for that is Ancient Golem, and that won't get to higher than champion levels until half-way through the game, and requires possessing the golem and dealing with its incredibly slow MS.

W is OP... wtf? It's a shield. It's a WEAK shield at that.

E does **** for damage. It's overall a pathetic attack, unless you a) have ability power and/or b) possess something with half-way decent health, and even then, it's still slowly killing your possessed body. OP? Hell no -_-

If anything, most people I've talked to consider the Ult the most OP thing on here, but it's not so bad that they consider it broken. Yet you say everything BUT the Ult is OP? Either you're a troll, or you just didn't read the champion very well. Well, that or you don't know the game well enough to be reviewing champions.

/rant

Sorry for the mostly negative tone of that, but your review rather annoyed me. I'm going to end it here before I add any more length to this.

Pobbes

10-28-2012

Seems like a neat overall concept, but I think it has some problems. First, i really don't understand the role. It seems like a jungler, but I would assume you'd build it like an ADC to focus on the fact that the possessed bodies benefit from Spectre's items.
His W is kind of redundant with his passive. Essentially, possessing a mob makes it a walking absorption shield. W gives a shield to the minion body, shielding your shield.
On the topic of shields, I imagine it would be almost impossible to kill Spectre except for tons of hard CC. First, he has the shield on his shield, when that fails he can go invincible or invisible or chain both (using his ult to prevent any damage from interrupting his W). He has too many escapes. I suppose this is countered by his risky gameplay (no CC). Still, it's not that risky when you can stack so much free hp. I fear also that using minions with decent stats (poseessing super minions for example) let Spectre build glass cannon AD, and then just use his kit to escape once his minion body drops.
I'm not sure about a good fix, but this is how I see his kit working. Additionally, I worry this would let him abuse buffs. Since, he can possess the ancient golem, which has a permanent blue buff, and then is granted the blue buff with full timer once the possessed golem is dead.
Just my thoughts... I hope they help.

Drake O Dagger

10-28-2012

You should remember, most of the bodies Spectre can possess give him hardly any health, and WILL die in just one hit. Outside of bodies, Spectre is fairly squishy. Spectre's primary threat is that ability to almost always have a shield handy, to make him more resilient while he focuses his efforts on assassinating his target(s), but even with that ability, he can only last so long before he's taken down. All his skills aside from Ecto-Beam have decently long CDs, making them only really usable once per fight. In the end, you're going to really rely on those bodies to keep you alive, and that means you have to play smart. Sure, some bodies will be really powerful, but they're few and once they're gone, they take the longest before you can use them a second time. I'm not convinced that Spectre would be too hard to kill, but certainly a pain (as I would imagine it would be to deal with ANY ghost). Certainly he won't stand up against multiple opponents well, and he has no real defenses against CC, or CC of his own. Overall, I'm not convinced there's really much of a problem in the long run. Not yet anyway. I will keep what you've said in mind though, as I get more comments and develop him further.

Danolanater AW

10-30-2012

Not 100% whether or not I should give any constructive criticism you obviously don't take kindly to it. Never the less the passive seems like the whole "Gimic" (Not that gimics are bad like Lulu and her squirrel for instance) and it would either be way too OP or way too useless depending on the match

Drake O Dagger

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauni55 View Post
Not 100% whether or not I should give any constructive criticism you obviously don't take kindly to it. Never the less the passive seems like the whole "Gimic" (Not that gimics are bad like Lulu and her squirrel for instance) and it would either be way too OP or way too useless depending on the match
... Where do you get the idea I don't take constructive criticism well? I do, when the criticism actually helps. I take it into consideration, and work with it. When it really just amounts to "this is OP/UP" with nothing of value with it, then its not constructive, its useless. THAT I tend to get upset at, and will rant and tear apart arguments like that. I actually LIKE comprehensive reviews, as they, when done right, help me improve my concepts.

That said, if you wanna give a comprehensive review, go for it! Your saying the passive will either be OP or UP like that though, is exactly the kind of useless that doesn't really help. I know I have a habit of lashing out at reviews like that, though I'm working on getting better about it. Comprehensive reviews I tend to give much better responses to, both because they're often far more helpful, and because they actually show WHY the person thinks something is OP or UP.

Danolanater AW

10-31-2012

That's all there is to it, it isn't stats it just a completely OP or UP passive nothing more nothing less