Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot should remake Very Low to true very low PCs and really improve FPS?

Yes! We have low PCs and low FPS, so we want more! 105 83.33%
NO! 21 16.67%
Voters 126 .

Great idea to improve performance on Low Settings!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

namora

11-01-2012

Not only would it take a ton of time, but it would take way too much money and effort to lower the settings to the point that low end machines can hit 50-60 fps, or even 20-30 fps consistently throughout the game. If you're under 18 and your parents said no to buying new parts/computer then you're out of luck. if you're not, get yourself a better computer. You do not need a high end computer to play this game at a decent frame rate either. Tired of people complaining about how slow their game play is because their fps is low when in reality, they're complaining about how crappy their computer is. I'm seriously considering sending crates of cheese these whiners >.>

LeFraka

11-01-2012

Quote:
Graiskye:
Bull****. You lie and you know it..
Ive run LoL on probably a dozen different PC's over the past couple of years, never has a low power PC ever gotten over 30 FPS and that on med, run on high and youll get 10-15. Thats on a three year old generic laptop or desktop, the desktop will usually outperform simply because it runs a lot cooler.
You do not need 50-60 fps to play.

My old PC -specs below- can run LoL at all mid beside shadows at 60+FPS. And 50-60 FPS is a requirement for LoL improving mouse Accuracy and and 30 FPS most people can see a differences. Over all you are talking not knowing what you are talking about 60+ FPS is a requirement in any game. Hell I run BLR at 300+FPS
CPU: AMD Athlon 2400+ 2.40GHz
512MB RAM
Graphics Card: 128MB ATi Radeon 9000 I think? I don't remember but looks right.

ZOMBIENATIONZ

11-01-2012

Quote:
lagNZ:
they've already done this. if you get less than 60fps on very low then go spend $100 on a computer thats 10x better than your own. not even kidding if you get less than 60fps on very low then your computer runs win98 and is probably made of cardboard. I'll sell you my old one that cost me $400 about 8yrs ago, it can run LoL on high with v.sync on at 50-60fps.

I can run skyrim max everything no lag what so ever. (newest game i can think of i played recently, even tho it sucks hella bad)
i run LoL get 30-40 fps, unless for some unknown reason it decides my latency should go to hell, then my fps drops to 1-5 while the ping tries to catch up.

further more i run windows 7, haz dual core, and am such a pain in the ass to computer it's lucky i let explorer.exe run while i'm gaming. all the parts in my computer were all made in 2006 tho lol.

as a side not, LoL is the only game my ping doesn't stay consistanly low, like i'll play 4 games ping of a solid 42 on loading screen 64 in game, then that 5th game the clients like **** you buddy have a ping of 250 and it bounces from 250 to 40 in just a few seconds making it completely unplayable during those moments. but if i quit the game and recconect it's fixed bing bang boom.

i play the game on the lowest of the low settings. so yea anything that improves computers on the very low settings would be much appreciated.

Quote:
namora:
Not only would it take a ton of time, but it would take way too much money and effort to lower the settings to the point that low end machines can hit 50-60 fps, or even 20-30 fps consistently throughout the game. If you're under 18 and your parents said no to buying new parts/computer then you're out of luck. if you're not, get yourself a better computer. You do not need a high end computer to play this game at a decent frame rate either. Tired of people complaining about how slow their game play is because their fps is low when in reality, they're complaining about how crappy their computer is. I'm seriously considering sending crates of cheese these whiners >.>

I think of it this way, if your old dinosaur computer can run the game better without upgrading, then people will have more money for stuffs like skins and champions, making LoL some more profit. instead of making sure people go broke buying CPU parts and making them rich instead. having a massive spectrum of graphics from extremely low 1998 games to the newer dual core required games all in 1 game would in a way net a higher profit in my honest oppinion.

There is however a limit to how low graphics can get i think and Rioters have never commented as to how low they could be if they so chose to widen the spectrum.

Destroyzen

11-10-2012

Thanks for your support, Riot! That's nice, long time writing this topic (english is NOT my language) and after a long discussion and YES votes on poll, no one of you guys replied this!

You can close this for now, I can see you guys don't respect players trying to help this, now let's create a troll topic and 10 of you reply there.

Agatio

Recruiter

11-10-2012

Quote:
lagNZ:
they've already done this. if you get less than 60fps on very low then go spend $100 on a computer thats 10x better than your own. not even kidding if you get less than 60fps on very low then your computer runs win98 and is probably made of cardboard. I'll sell you my old one that cost me $400 about 8yrs ago, it can run LoL on high with v.sync on at 50-60fps.

Bull. ****.

Provide evidence of your claim.

10x the following:
Processor: Intel Celeron 420 1.6GHz
RAM: 1,5GB
Graphic Card: Intel 82945G Express 256MB shared from RAM (onboard)

Is:
16Ghz Processor.
15GB RAM.
and a 2.5GB graphics card.

For $100. I really think that you're talking out of your ass.

Personally, my main requirement is that it be portable(i.e., a laptop).
Finding even just a decent gaming laptop under $400 is nigh impossible.

Quote:
ZOMBIENATIONZ:

as a side not, LoL is the only game my ping doesn't stay consistanly low, like i'll play 4 games ping of a solid 42 on loading screen 64 in game, then that 5th game the clients like **** you buddy have a ping of 250 and it bounces from 250 to 40 in just a few seconds making it completely unplayable during those moments.

This. This. This. OMFGWTF This. League is the only game I play where I will have crazy random ping jumps through the roof. I literally had 1.5k ping one game a while ago. It made me feel like I was playing from Russia (http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/08/26).

KesslerCOIL

11-11-2012

Quote:
Agatio:
Bull. ****.

Provide evidence of your claim.

10x the following:
Processor: Intel Celeron 420 1.6GHz
RAM: 1,5GB
Graphic Card: Intel 82945G Express 256MB shared from RAM (onboard)

Is:
16Ghz Processor.
15GB RAM.
and a 2.5GB graphics card.

For $100. I really think that you're talking out of your ass.

Personally, my main requirement is that it be portable(i.e., a laptop).
Finding even just a decent gaming laptop under $400 is nigh impossible.

This. This. This. OMFGWTF This. League is the only game I play where I will have crazy random ping jumps through the roof. I literally had 1.5k ping one game a while ago. It made me feel like I was playing from Russia (http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/08/26).

you took my statement too literally.
But you could honestly spend like $50-$100 on a new graphics card and you would have at least 60fps on low/medium.

OldCelt

11-11-2012

Quote:
HaterzBetterStop:
Some people have parents that don't want them spending ANYTHING.
To be honest, League is just moving on.
They can't deal with old computers any more. They've tried, and it just isn't working.
They need the graphics to appeal to the future, which they've proven is ADULTS.
That's right, the majority of gamers aren't people under 18.
Therefore, they have money to bust on their computers, and money to spend on RP.
Therefore, Riot sees that they should improve graphics instead of spending their resources on reverse compatibility.
You see where this is going?

I'm sorry but I am over 18 and I barely have enough money to buy new parts for my computer and besides I play league on a laptop that I have had for about 4 years and its a lot more difficult to upgrade a laptop than a desktop. I have a Intel Core 2 duo Cpu T5550 1.83GH.z, 3GB ram and the mobile intel 965 express chipset family graphics card thats build in to my laptop and all my settings are on low and I get around 20fps outside a teamfight and low when I am in a team fight.

IS154250a397c85fe8fca69

11-11-2012

lol guys if you want a cheap yet decent graphic card, buy a Nvidia 9500GT. Or a 9000/8000 series. ATI is ok but nvidia (sadly) has more technology I run LoL at around 75 fps.

Intel Dual-Core E2200 @2.4ghz
3GB Ram
Nvidia 9500Gt 1GB

It's pretty decent and I can play most games at medium/high, depends from a game to another.

Edit : It used to be 150fps+ but my computer is getting old and my HD is kind of crappy then it ruins some of the fps.

bagObricks

11-11-2012

The issue with laptops is that in most cases, unless you are spending $1k then they don't even come with a dedicated graphics card in them at all anymore. The standard computer companies make more money selling over rated web surfing tools at jacked up prices to your grandmother than they do making budget gaming devices. As far as custom built is concerned, well it's just not cost effective for custom companies to build lap tops for less than $1k because of the fact that they sell fewer machines over all, though you would get more for your money from them.

While I think it would be really awesome of Riot to make an even lower graphics setting for those die hard fans that are just down on their luck, I think it also might not be cost effective for them.

Your best bet is going to be a second hand machine, check places like pawn shops and see if you can't cash in on someone else's misfortune. I nabbed an alright laptop at one that gets me 10-20 fps consistently at low settings on most everything, though I have models at high and effects at mid, but that's a personal choice and I avoid ranked games as to not drag down team mates. The thing only cost me $200.

[rant]

Those of you demanding that anyone having issues run out and buy a new computer because they are ruining your fun, remember that this is a free to play game. You know what free to play games attract? People who don't have the disposable income that they can spend on toys. Toys like a computer powerful enough for modern games. If you think dropping $400 or more on a toy, and unless you somehow need the graphics power for your job then it is just a toy, is completely reasonable then consider yourself lucky. There have been times in my life when I've barely broken $1k a month, and I'll bet a lot of Riot's fan base have been in the same boat at one time or another. I consider myself blessed to be in a much better place in my life now.

So save up for a computer in the long term? When money is tight it can be hard to hold onto. Let's say you're 22 and fresh out of collage. Can't seem to get a job in your field yet so you work a couple part time jobs and make about $2k a month. Off the top that's going to be about $700-$800 for rent, $300-$400 for food, $50 for phone, $50 for internet, $80-$100 for power, $100-$150 for water, depending on where you live another $100-$200 for heat, depending on how much travel you have to do another $50-$150 for gas, $100 or more for car insurance, pay for your own health insurance then say goodbye to another $100 or more. So that's anywhere from about $1,630 to $2,100 just for what's considered your "must haves." Though you could forgo the internet, but then you wouldn't care about LoL at all. Oh, and if you've got some student loans to pay back, or any other debt from credit card mistakes, your bills can be much higher.

That's not counting any other expenditures, maybe you're a smoker or like to get a few beers on occasion. Maybe as a gamer you are interested in other nerd/geek activities or hobbies like miniatures or cosplay, all things that cost varying amounts of money. Or what about unforeseen events? Accidentally crush your glasses, destroy your transmission, bust a window, etc. Saving up $1k for a gaming lap top could take a full twelve months or more, and that's with only a little going wrong.

One of you mentioned that the future of gamers are the 21-35 crowd instead of the under 18s. Doesn't make much sense considering that that demographic is traditionally the poorest demo there is, as their adult sized paychecks come with adult sized bills but they haven't gotten themselves the promotions or raises to quite handle those bills yet.

[/rant]

Tl:dr Second hand computers aren't bad, try pawn shops but know your specs. If you don't care about the realities of the expenses of computer gaming, then I only have negative things to say to you.

Mezeral

11-11-2012

Ok, I have a bit of a theory behind this. It's a bit crude but bare with me here.

Riot likes to make it very hard for hackers to get any information that other people are not able to get. This means not constantly broadcasting the location of other champions unless you see them. This means that as soon as you see someone your client starts receiving information on where they are. Now these use a bit of your network, though I've noticed league isn't too network heavy. It's when you have jitter or packet loss that you really notice lag. Now to tie this into your FPS
Networking aside your FPS is in no way related to the internet or your ISP but your computer still has to process these things. So when that **** storm of packets hits your ancient computer your frames are going to drop.

I have no idea if this even makes sense or even could be possible in theory. It's just something I thought up on the spot.