Do you agree that the map is great but the altars need to go?

Yes 240 44.20%
No 164 30.20%
Maybe, help change focus away from the altars 139 25.60%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Map is great, ALTARS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deathtoyew

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We'll be monitoring the altars very closely. There are some potential changes sitting around, but it's really quite to early to judge their impact.
Cant we just Revert back to lizards and wolf buffs?

Notlad88

10-26-2012

Bump

objecti0n

10-26-2012

I love everything about the new map and items. Rengar FTW!

onechange

10-26-2012

TBH altars are not a problem, players are. It is silly to focus on altars. It is near impossible to defend an altar if an enemy is already capping it, its best to accomplish other objectives like push if you see the enemy on your altar.

Judas Priest

10-26-2012

I agree map is great and altars suck.

Alpha Q23

10-26-2012

I know Riot has Done a lot of work on this map. And it looks great.. really it does. I just wish they would bring back top jungle, get rid of the speed shrine and altar and I will be happy. IT still wouldn't be the old TT but I would be happy. Or even better if Riot could just bring twisted Treeline back so I could enjoy that map since its my addiction when I play LoL not this new map.

I mean really the map does look great, its just not TT.

Keegstar

10-26-2012

Even with the altars gone it is an awful map. there is nothing good about it. cs doesnt matter. you cant flash any walls now. bruiser + teeo = win. vilemaw pit is so big you cant set anything up and without wards you have no way of knowing if its being done as its usually only done when one team has control of the maps. the jungle is so clustered it makes it impossible to actually do anything/ to easy to find enemy junglers. brush is in bad positions. lanes are to easy to gank to the point where playing and AP without and opt out is not possible. id bring up wards again but its just to much of a joke to talk about.

TT was fine. real TT players just wanted fixes and instead of listening to us they change the whole map into this 3v3 dominion knock off, and look at dominion, its a joke. it was the biggest waste of time and money its sad. atleast they only took 2 weeks to get this 'TT' remake out so they didnt have to waste to much money..... in they end they just care about the people playing SR especially the pros and they could care less about anyone else. gg riot. ruin a great game mode of a devout following of skilled players. last LoL game played.

ArmySquirrel

10-26-2012

The majority here seems to be blaming the mechanic on player behavior, when really at this point no one really knows what they're doing. Heck, I see people who don't even know that they're locked for 90 seconds after being captured. People are naturally attracted to them because they're "new" and they probably don't fully know what they do, so people experiment at this stage to see how important they really are. Further people may want to look at counter strategies to see if they are viable. Do you want to go take an altar or do you want to take a tower? If you take a tower, that could give you a strong advantage in keeping the altars in the future.

Maybe nerfs would help though.

I really don't understand the need for there to be a neutral monster that grants the buff. It doesn't take any longer for it to be done. Is it so important that it cost a bit of Health and mana to get the buff? Or is it more important that the buff only affect one person?

Alpha Q23

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySquirrel View Post
The majority here seems to be blaming the mechanic on player behavior, when really at this point no one really knows what they're doing. Heck, I see people who don't even know that they're locked for 90 seconds after being captured. People are naturally attracted to them because they're "new" and they probably don't fully know what they do, so people experiment at this stage to see how important they really are. Further people may want to look at counter strategies to see if they are viable. Do you want to go take an altar or do you want to take a tower? If you take a tower, that could give you a strong advantage in keeping the altars in the future.

Maybe nerfs would help though.
Or I could of been playing on a map mode that is Like SR with out the Alters, but different since it is our 3v3. I don't give a damn about the altars or the speed shrine, The old jungle needs to come back, top and bottom, The spider can be re put in thats fine, there is room in the top Jungle for it. Wards need to come back. I'll be happy, they can keep this new map for people who want to play it also and boom. Problem solved.

Or even better, at this point just give me back old TT so I don't have to look at new tt again. It is kinda sad, but probably 98% of my games since Akali came out( I Joined then) have been on the Old TT because that map was fine to me. Despite all of its flaws I enjoyed it alot better than the SR map and even the Dominion map, and Especially better than this new map. Now I can not play the One map I enjoyed enough to come back time after time. Now its an ARAM game here cause at least its not SR or new TT, and maybe some dominion cause if I wanted that altar thing I will just capture points when the objective is to capture points.

Riot! Bring Back Old TT! Why can't we have both?

UglyPete

10-26-2012

The map is still pretty crappy even without the alters. It's way too easy to collapse and team fight so the majority of 2v1's turn into 2v2's/2v3's making ganking without 3 people dangerous against any good players.