Do you agree that the map is great but the altars need to go?

Yes 240 44.20%
No 164 30.20%
Maybe, help change focus away from the altars 139 25.60%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Map is great, ALTARS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlitchersFantasy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Bump, personally i do not like dominion but with these altars it just feels like a smaller domionion, other that that this map is fantastic

Cyrad

10-26-2012

I think the problem is that it feels too dangerous to push because respawn timers are very short. Even when altars are locked, I feel like I have to just sit around and waste time when my lane is pushed.

Though, I do prefer altar fighting over "entire enemy team ganks you at tower and kills it because they're too tanky for you to stop them."

Hypersauce

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
The alters absolutely need to be changed...

Something needs to be done to allow a non-duelist to keep a duelist from just taking it away from them...

As it stands, there are only 4 or so good junglers for 3s because of this reason...

Xin, Lee, Shyvanna, and Mundo...all of them are great early game duelists that also can jungle easily.

Go ahead and try to stop a Xin from simply taking your altar while not playing a duelist and you'll see why there really needs to be a change.

The simple truth is, the alter buff is ridiculously too strong for a secondary map objective and yet way too easy to simply take...

It needs fixing...

I'd highly suggest making the alters identical to Dominion nodes.

Either that or put a somewhat powerful mob on the alter that fights for the controlling team. Something to allow a non-duelist to keep a duelist from simply killing them and taking the node away...

I know many will say that you just need to play defense...but with no wards...its very hard to stop.

I've seen many games where an entire team goes for the enemy node and since the other team is spread out and out of position they get wiped out if they try to defend it...

It simply promotes using a team comp of a bunch of duelists that are strong early game...
If an enemy Xin is in your jungle ,standing on your altar (which gives vision btw) it should be a FREE KILL for you. It's like 2 steps away from both of your laners....

CuteCake

10-26-2012

I don't like the altars because they don't seem that important, at least in the games I've played. Sure having both is a great boost, but it seems to me like it will be split most of the time and therefore have no change on the game.
Comparing them to dominion is ridiculous though, besides being a capture point there is nothing similar and they are not necessary for victory nor do they force a dominion play style.

All that aside, I prefer this so much more to the old TT which had one of the most disgusting map layouts ever created .

Peligrad

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersauce View Post
If an enemy Xin is in your jungle ,standing on your altar (which gives vision btw) it should be a FREE KILL for you. It's like 2 steps away from both of your laners....
Not if the Xin has half a brain. You just wait for someone to die or to recall or get low enough on hp/mp where they can't help (ganking them makes this happen). Then you simply have someone close enough on your side to turn it into a 2v2 if another guy commits.

Plus there is an extreme lack of vision on this map. It's very easy to setup an ambush if the solos are wandering through the woods solo to keep you from capping the point.

We got this about down to a science. We'll have top come down and sit in the bush right above bottom lane, then the jungler will pressure their point. The bottom laner will walk right into the top laner on his way to Xin, Xin turns around and its a 3v1 easy kill at best. That enemy gets really damaged and blows CDs to escape and has to go b at worst.

Either way, now its 3v2 and you just take the node. It's all because you couldn't win 1v1 against a duelist any way you slice it.

The problem with the alters is that it eliminates the possibility to play conservatively in the early game.
IT FORCES PVP TO HAPPEN EARLY ON and the defending team has no advantage at all...

This is a major major balance issue because, as we all know, champions aren't balanced in the early game...

It puts extreme emphasis on picking early game champions...

Scarlet Ambition

10-26-2012

In my point of view It seemed like they were trying to combine Summoner's rift with the Crystal scar to make a map..... Dose anybody see that or is it just me?
Like Baron as to giant spider = power boost...
Speed boosts and tower capturing as to speed boost and altar capturing = both performance boost
Destroy the nexus = destroy the nexus?
and Off course we both know that people are just going to freaking aim for them altars no matter what. Forget turret busting we got the POWER!!!

Leonixxiii

10-26-2012

Alters = out of control snowball... As soon as you lose 1 tower it becomes tough to hold yours let alone contest the other one, and the other team just caps, and farms like crazy.

Its just so easy, and quick for 1 champion to grab a point that a fight is rarely necessary, and pushing them off before it's capped and they can run away is difficult at best with just about any matchup.

0piate

10-26-2012

I think a good solution without getting rid of the altars is increasing dramatically the time it takes to capture one, but increase the speed more per person on the altar being captured. This will put more focus on pushing a lane and giving your team the time it needs to capture the altar. Right now I can usually walk in and capture the altar before an enemy can get to me (depending on champs). I would prefer it to take long enough that you need to win a team fight/force enemy team away before taking it, so that there would be more emphasis on defending turrets and pushing lanes. I love the map though and am excited to see where this goes. I'm sure Riot will make plenty of changes as this is only the first public build of the map.

Leonixxiii

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo or Dan6228 View Post
I think a good solution without getting rid of the altars is increasing dramatically the time it takes to capture one, but increase the speed more per person on the altar being captured. This will put more focus on pushing a lane and giving your team the time it needs to capture the altar. Right now I can usually walk in and capture the altar before an enemy can get to me (depending on champs). I would prefer it to take long enough that you need to win a team fight/force enemy team away before taking it, so that there would be more emphasis on defending turrets and pushing lanes. I love the map though and am excited to see where this goes. I'm sure Riot will make plenty of changes as this is only the first public build of the map.
The bast option really should be dominion style channel points, just without it shooting back... That way you have to commit to getting one, and there is counterplay directly involved, and not a suicide gambit just to contest.

rexolot

10-26-2012

I am disappointed with this, the alters really annoy me, however the new map is good but i liked how in the old one you had alot more opportunity to juke people