Do you agree that the map is great but the altars need to go?

Yes 240 44.20%
No 164 30.20%
Maybe, help change focus away from the altars 139 25.60%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Map is great, ALTARS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeginnerHorse

10-25-2012

I think the map can be seperated to 2 different maps, 1 contains altar, while one do not. Players can select the one that they like.

Notlad88

10-25-2012

Bump back, good stuff in this thread !!!!!

horror5how

10-25-2012

i dunno, it definitely brings some new strategy to the game. everyone will learn how to handle it soon enough. for now i die way too much trying to get altars and forgetting my team... lol.

Mr Mystical

10-25-2012

altars should stay ...they are a great addition and force some amazing game play in the jungle. My vote is keep them -- not only because they make sense because they are also really dam cool with their cap animations.

Dare Evans

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I definitely agree. The map is pretty cool, but those altars are so boring. They don't feel fun at all. Basically, one person goes and decides to start a teamfight on their own, in the same two spots every game, and the way the alter is terrain-wise makes fighting so awkward anyway. It feels more like a debuff that you have to control, rather than a buff that's optional. Really takes away from the map, I think.

The speed shrine is sort of lame as well, but I don't really care either way, I guess.

Impaleddearan

10-26-2012

bump

mattypay

10-26-2012

Make the old TT available please, this is dominion 2.0 and i dont like dominion

Leonixxiii

10-26-2012

I like the Alters, but they are too easy to take... If one person stands on one then most of the time there is nothing you can do short of killing them to stop its capture... The time it takes for a single campion to capture should be lowered dramatically, and give a much greater feel when all 3 of you are there... Late game too its just too easy for one tanky champ just to stand on it, and then run away after he/she takes it, and thats assuming the other team can respond which most of the time its 50% or more captured by the time they walk over to it.

Also if the only way to slow/stop is stand up on it too, then this hurts mages as getting into melee range with a bruiser on it it suicide.

Hypersauce

10-26-2012

Altars are more of an objective you take after a successful gank or team fight and not something people are running around the jungle fighting over. Farm and towers are still more important.

Peligrad

10-26-2012

The alters absolutely need to be changed...

Something needs to be done to allow a non-duelist to keep a duelist from just taking it away from them...

As it stands, there are only 4 or so good junglers for 3s because of this reason...

Xin, Lee, Shyvanna, and Mundo...all of them are great early game duelists that also can jungle easily.

Go ahead and try to stop a Xin from simply taking your altar while not playing a duelist and you'll see why there really needs to be a change.

The simple truth is, the alter buff is ridiculously too strong for a secondary map objective and yet way too easy to simply take...

It needs fixing...

I'd highly suggest making the alters identical to Dominion nodes.

Either that or put a somewhat powerful mob on the alter that fights for the controlling team. Something to allow a non-duelist to keep a duelist from simply killing them and taking the node away...

I know many will say that you just need to play defense...but with no wards...its very hard to stop.

I've seen many games where an entire team goes for the enemy node and since the other team is spread out and out of position they get wiped out if they try to defend it...

It simply promotes using a team comp of a bunch of duelists that are strong early game...