Do you agree that the map is great but the altars need to go?

Yes 240 44.20%
No 164 30.20%
Maybe, help change focus away from the altars 139 25.60%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Map is great, ALTARS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borigrad

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We'll be monitoring the altars very closely. There are some potential changes sitting around, but it's really quite to early to judge their impact.
You need objectives worth fighting for. Vilemaw does to much damage to risk aggroing him with AoE in a proximity fight. Then the jungle camps are kind of there, no buffs worth fighting over. It's not a good thing.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
We'll be monitoring the altars very closely. There are some potential changes sitting around, but it's really quite to early to judge their impact.
The real problem is, no matter who's ahead, the altar control goes back and forth. There's no defensive play besides outright killing them in that tiny field.

Notlad88

10-25-2012

Agreed about Vilemaw, it is good to make him more of a challenge as apposed to the old dragon, but not so hard that its not worth risking ever fighting him

Taarki

10-25-2012

just revert the map back to the old TT and make the choke points between the inhibs and base to prevent turtleing or whatever... keep old jungle and old actual map

Hope19

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notlad88 View Post
let me just say this first....GET RID OF THE ALTARS AND YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... it makes it way too much like dominion, i know its a new feature but every is focused on the altars as apposed to the towers and nexus....i do like the idea of the altars but it puts more focus on them than actual pvp which is what (at least as far as im concerned) TT was all about...i am one of those hardcore 3v3 players and i loved the old TT....i love the make remake, the new jungle and neutral monsters.... but the altars just kill the 3v3 TT feel.... great job on the map though guys it looks fantastic and i love the new jungle layout.... keep up the good work im sure it will improve!!!!!
To be fair that's pretty much the equivalent of saying the old TT was focused too much on dragon and buffs rather than the towers and nexus. They are just a different forms of map control, still important, but they won't win the game single handedly.

Silent Reaper

10-25-2012

I'd personally rather have 1 alter in the middle that gives like 10% bonus in something rather than 2 small altars...

Twilight Monkey

10-25-2012

Quote:
Nearly everyone in the PBE complained about this and now on live too.

Your just a troll

infinite azure

10-25-2012

Quote:
Why the hell did you change the map 10 days from the end of the season?

Rasmenar

10-25-2012

The map is absolutely 100% nothing like dominion whatsoever. The altars are there to provide a buff, to provide extra gold for farming... taking one from your opponent does not just buff you it nerfs their ability to farm. It's still a Tower Defense map, the altars are simply a secondary objective that can help you succeed in the ultimate goal of destroying their defenses.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWW View Post
Altar wasn't as big of a deal to me. I pretty much just kept csing and ganking. The other team would try to secure theirs and I would scare them off while my laners csed. Lol.
This man's words are filled with wisdom, pay close attention to his teachings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notlad88 View Post
Agreed about Vilemaw, it is good to make him more of a challenge as apposed to the old dragon, but not so hard that its not worth risking ever fighting him
Duon't know about it 've seen Fiora, Rengar and JAx soloing at level 10 by virtue of dodgin its Legs, i've seen level 16 teams failing hard at him too though, imho he's still exploitable as Ebonmaw but not so exploitable that some champions could *cough* Solo it at level 3 and completely break the game *cough*.

1234567 ... 11